PDA

View Full Version : I am just sick...look at what I just did...

pirate4state
02-07-2007, 09:14 PM
So, my uncle calls me tells me he doesn't feel good. Thinks he has the flu, he lives way out in BFE and asks if I'll go by the store and pick up some juice, soup and OTC medication. Sure, no problem.

I drive out to his place, drop off his stuff and as I am backing out (he has a long ass driveway, dirt road) when BAM!! I hit the fence post. :doh: :weeping:

I have backed out of this drive way numerous times, I thought I was in "the clear" mind you it is pitch black out there.

Ugh....I didn't even want to get out of the truck and see the damage. At first, I thought it was just the backlights, but nope...dented the crap out of the side too and nasty scratches. *sigh*

Here are some pictures:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/p4s90/bam.jpg

Yes, I know --- I need to wash my truck, but that is the least of my worries right now. :hairpunk:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/p4s90/fencepost.jpg

Keith7
02-07-2007, 09:15 PM
dang, if only that fence was alittle bit taller maybe it coulda gotten that Cowboys star

DaHop72
02-07-2007, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
So, my uncle calls me tells me he doesn't feel good. Thinks he has the flu, he lives way out in BFE and asks if I'll go by the store and pick up some juice, soup and OTC medication. Sure, no problem.

I drive out to his place, drop off his stuff and as I am backing out (he has a long ass driveway, dirt road) when BAM!! I hit the fence post. :doh: :weeping:

I have backed out of this drive way numerous times, I thought I was in "the clear" mind you it is pitch black out there.

Ugh....I didn't even want to get out of the truck and see the damage. At first, I thought it was just the backlights, but nope...dented the crap out of the side too and nasty scratches. *sigh*

Here are some pictures:

Yes, I know --- I need to wash my truck, but that is the least of my worries right now. :hairpunk:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/p4s90/fencepost.jpg :weeping: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

pirate4state
02-07-2007, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
dang, if only that fence was alittle bit taller maybe it coulda gotten that Cowboys star

:( :tongue:

LH Panther Mom
02-07-2007, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
ROFL! That made me laugh! :D :doh:

luvhoops34
02-07-2007, 09:27 PM
Don't feel bad Rita. Every new vehicle we get, my husband (insert curse word here) it's up.

First, he didn't hook our goosneck cattle trailer up properly and it came off the ball denting the hell out of the tail gate. BUT, it still opens and closes which is a first for him in his long history with tail gates.

Then, I send him to Sonic. What does he do? When he back out of the parking spot he manages to cream the front fender.

Last week, he tells me to drive out of a gate that he has propped open and it suddenly becomes unpropped and slams into the side of the truck right in front of the back fender. This partially dislodges the fender and dents the side of the truck.:eek:

Soooooo, don't feel like the lone ranger.:doh:

GetRDoneStangs
02-07-2007, 09:29 PM
Now that would really PI$$ ME OFF! (not kicked off)

Sorry Rita some good deeds go to crap sometime....:mad: :mad: :mad:

pirate4state
02-07-2007, 09:31 PM
:weeping: :weeping: :weeping: :hairpunk: :hairpunk: :hairpunk:

sectionCwannabe
02-07-2007, 09:35 PM
well looked at the bright side of it!!

no need to wash it now, because it kinda blends it all together now!! :cool: :D

SintonFan
02-07-2007, 09:39 PM
That's what insurance is for Rita.:thumbsup:
And don't feel too bad. I've done that once with my bobtail and took out three feet of concrete that the corner post was set in. I had to go out and reset that corner post the next week.:weeping:
But the bobtail was fine... sorry.:(
I don't know what I was trying to say really.:confused: :doh:

pirate4state
02-07-2007, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
That's what insurance is for Rita.:thumbsup:

I know, but there is still a deductible to pay.

Just hearing that crunching noise and the fact that I'm gonna have to dish out money just pisses me off. :mad:

But thanks for whatever it is you were trying to say :o

SintonFan
02-07-2007, 09:48 PM
I know, but there is still a deductible to pay.

Just hearing that crunching noise and the fact that I'm gonna have to dish out money just pisses me off. :mad:

But thanks for whatever it is you were trying to say :o
lol
I like your truck so I guess that I was trying to say hopefully it'll be fixed soon with some insurance money(sans the deductable)?:)

luvhoops34
02-07-2007, 09:59 PM
I did a good deed by un intentionally having a small fender bender at my sisters house.

It was dark and I was parked out in front. I had to back up a bit bc there was a vehicle in front of me. Only her minivan was behind me. I heard the sickening "CRUNCH". I pulled forward and took off. About 5 minutes later, I called her and told her to go look at her vehicle. I had messed up the front bumper with my trailer hitch. No damage to my vehicle.

I called my insurance the next day and they sent an adjuster out. My bother in law knew the adjuster from when he worked at Creveling Dodge. The guy makes the check out to my sister instead of the lein holder! My b-in-law knew a guy in the body shop business who owed him some money. So it got it fixed for free and it enabled them to pay their mortgage that month!

My sister told me to feel free and hit her vehicle again anytime. I said, "no thank you".

SintonFan
02-07-2007, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
I did a good deed by un intentionally having a small fender bender at my sisters house.

It was dark and I was parked out in front. I had to back up a bit bc there was a vehicle in front of me. Only her minivan was behind me. I heard the sickening "CRUNCH". I pulled forward and took off. About 5 minutes later, I called her and told her to go look at her vehicle. I had messed up the front bumper with my trailer hitch. No damage to my vehicle.

I called my insurance the next day and they sent an adjuster out. My bother in law knew the adjuster from when he worked at Creveling Dodge. The guy makes the check out to my sister instead of the lein holder! My b-in-law knew a guy in the body shop business who owed him some money. So it got it fixed for free and it enabled them to pay their mortgage that month!

My sister told me to feel free and hit her vehicle again anytime. I said, "no thank you".
I had a friend who got a new computer system and decent vehicle with a similiar story. I backed up into his vehicle and they totaled his pos for twice what it was worth. Funny, that doesn't happen much nowadays.:doh:

spiveyrat
02-08-2007, 11:02 AM
You must have been backing pretty fast!!! Wow!

pirate44
02-08-2007, 11:14 AM

Here are some pictures:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/p4s90/fencepost.jpg
cool! racing stripes

pirate4state
02-08-2007, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
cool! racing stripes :thumbsup: My thoughts exactly. :)

pirate4state
02-08-2007, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
You must have been backing pretty fast!!! Wow!

I don't think I was, but I might have since I thought I had just cleared the damn thing. :doh:

ASUFrisbeeStud
02-08-2007, 11:24 AM
Isn't it a little early to be drinking?

pirate4state
02-08-2007, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
Isn't it a little early to be drinking? :hand: Whatever. This happened last night and I was sober. Although, now I want a drink.