2. Vicente Padilla, 15-10, 4.50 ERA in 2006
3. Brandon McCarthy, 4-7, 4.68 ERA for the White Sox in 2006
4. Robinson Tejeda, 5-5, 4.28 ERA in 2006
5. Josh Rupe, 0-1, 3.41 ERA in 2006

Projected bullpen
Closer: Eric Gagne, 1 save, 0.00 ERA in 2006
RH setup man: Akinori Otsuka, 32 saves, 2.11 ERA in 2006
LH setup man: C.J. Wilson, 4.06 ERA in 2006

Looks like the same rangers again, no pitching to back up the hitting.
:(

Keith7
02-07-2007, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin

I don't think Josh Rupe is going to be the 5th man in the rotation, i see Koronka or Bruce Chen taking that spot.. I think the pitching is improved over last year, esp. in the bullpen.. I look for the Rangers to make a serious run in the AL west, and will prolly take the Silverboot

buffalo2006
02-07-2007, 10:13 PM
The Astros may have lost some pitching and we still don't know about Clemens, but they picked up alot of defense and Carlos Lee. I think the Astros will be a top team this year.

Keith7
02-07-2007, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by buffalo2006
The Astros may have lost some pitching and we still don't know about Clemens, but they picked up alot of defense and Carlos Lee. I think the Astros will be a top team this year.

doubt that.. besides Lee and Berkman the Asstros have no offense plus lidge is washed up so u have no bullpen

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-07-2007, 10:22 PM
The Astos have a bull-pen, it is over the Right-center field fence!
They also have one for the Visitors!:D

Keith7
02-07-2007, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
The Astos have a bull-pen, it is over the Right-center field fence!
They also have one for the Visitors!:D

ya get well aquainted with that bullpen because the Asstros will be goin to it alot when the rangers come to town

JR2004
02-07-2007, 11:04 PM
I don't think that lineup or rotation is scaring my guys up in Oakland a whole lot. I'll take the A's to win the division again in a good battle with the Angels. The Rangers and M's can duke it out for the basement!

buffalo2006
02-07-2007, 11:09 PM
Luke Scott, Ensberg, Biggo, Burke?, Hidalgo?????????, Ausmus(defense), Everett(defense)

SintonFan_inAustin
02-07-2007, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
I don't think that lineup or rotation is scaring my guys up in Oakland a whole lot. I'll take the A's to win the division again in a good battle with the Angels. The Rangers and M's can duke it out for the basement! If SOSA RETURNS TO FORM IT WILL SCARE THE A'S. A'S LINEUP ISNT BETTER BUT THE PITCHING IS.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-08-2007, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
ya get well aquainted with that bullpen because the Asstros will be goin to it alot when the rangers come to town

texas wont have a chance vs the Astros!!!!!!

BuffyMars
02-08-2007, 05:20 PM
How depressing...Rangers talk.

God I hope they are at least 2 games better this year.

Keith7
02-08-2007, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
texas wont have a chance vs the Astros!!!!!!

get real the Asstros will be looking at a rebuilding year with no pettite or clemens

crzyjournalist03
02-08-2007, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by buffalo2006

I personally guarantee that whatever defense the Astros "picked up" is all lost in the next statement "Carlos Lee". That dude is the biggest liability I've seen on a field since Chuck Knoblauch!

Now as far as the Rangers go...

If you look at the batting averages from last year, I think you see what's going to be different. This team has added contact, on-base type guys...that's a lot of players hitting around .300 at the top of the lineup, not to mention the speed they added with Lofton and Cat. I'll take the Rangers lineup over any team in the AL West this year, and their pitching staff will be better than last year! I like the fact that they have seven guys going for one spot...they WILL find a decent number 5 guy there.

And watch out for McCarthy...this kid will be just as good as Chris Young was before we traded him, if not better!

g$$
02-08-2007, 08:07 PM
doubt that.. besides Lee and Berkman the Asstros have no offense plus lidge is washed up so u have no bullpen

Rangers fan uh? I bet you lunch the Astros fare better than the Strangers. That may be the worst pitching staff in baseball in Arlington, & Sammy Sosa in the 5 hole? You bet...

Gagne? Damaged goods plain & simple.

Houston has been to the playoffs 6/10 years & 1 World Series. Texas has not sniffed any of that. Good luck w/ that roster.

crzyjournalist03
02-08-2007, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Rangers fan uh? I bet you lunch the Astros fare better than the Strangers. That may be the worst pitching staff in baseball in Arlington, & Sammy Sosa in the 5 hole? You bet...

Houston has been to the playoffs 6/10 years & 1 World Series. Texas has not sniffed any of that. Good luck w/ that roster.

First of all, Texas HAS been to the playoffs twice in the last ten years. (I'm not saying that's huge, just pointing it out.)

Second, the WORST STAFF IN BASEBALL??? Are you nuts???

How many rotations have five guys penciled in right now who had ERAs below five last season? (here's a hint: not the Astros)
I'd take Robinson Tejeda over Wandy Rodriguez ANY day, and I'd also take the Rangers relievers (even if Gagne doesn't play a single game this year) over the Astros relievers as a whole. Otsuka is every bit as good as Lidge. Frank Fransisco is every bit as good as Qualls or Wheeler. C.J. Wilson is a lefty who's gotten better and better every big league outing, and he was downright nasty at the end of last year. Wes Littleton pitched lights out when he got called up last year, and now he's about the fourth or fifth option in the pen.

I bet you didn't even realize that last year's Texas staff outpitched the Red Sox, the White Sox, the Giants, and Cubs (who all have highly regarded staffs), and had the EXACT same ERA as the Braves and Phillies despite playing in the tougher league to pitch in. You probably also failed to realize that the Rangers had the sixth best bullpen ERA in the LEAGUE last year, and that it was a full two tenths of a run BETTER than the Astros.

To cap this all off, let me say that I'm not an Astros hater by any means. In fact, they're probably one of my favorite NL teams. That argument just really irked me and thought that some light needed to be shed on the subject.

g$$
02-08-2007, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
First of all, Texas HAS been to the playoffs twice in the last ten years. (I'm not saying that's huge, just pointing it out.)

Second, the WORST STAFF IN BASEBALL??? Are you nuts???

How many rotations have five guys penciled in right now who had ERAs below five last season? (here's a hint: not the Astros)
I'd take Robinson Tejeda over Wandy Rodriguez ANY day, and I'd also take the Rangers relievers (even if Gagne doesn't play a single game this year) over the Astros relievers as a whole. Otsuka is every bit as good as Lidge. Frank Fransisco is every bit as good as Qualls or Wheeler. C.J. Wilson is a lefty who's gotten better and better every big league outing, and he was downright nasty at the end of last year. Wes Littleton pitched lights out when he got called up last year, and now he's about the fourth or fifth option in the pen.

I bet you didn't even realize that last year's Texas staff outpitched the Red Sox, the White Sox, the Giants, and Cubs (who all have highly regarded staffs), and had the EXACT same ERA as the Braves and Phillies despite playing in the tougher league to pitch in. You probably also failed to realize that the Rangers had the sixth best bullpen ERA in the LEAGUE last year, and that it was a full two tenths of a run BETTER than the Astros.

To cap this all off, let me say that I'm not an Astros hater by any means. In fact, they're probably one of my favorite NL teams. That argument just really irked me and thought that some light needed to be shed on the subject.

1. Nice stats, results are all that matters.

2. Wandy is fighting for a roster spot, much less the rotation.

3. Houston's bullpen is much better if Lidge rebounds.

4. If you're counting on Gagne & Sosa, enough said.

5. Millwood nor Padilla are top 2 rotation guys.

I don't hate the Rangers, & Houston has holes too. But, my offer still stands. Houston will fare better than the Rangers.

crzyjournalist03
02-08-2007, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by g$$
1. Nice stats, results are all that matters.

2. Wandy is fighting for a roster spot, much less the rotation.

3. Houston's bullpen is much better if Lidge rebounds.

4. If you counting on Gagne & Sosa, enough said.

5. Millwood nor Padilla are top 2 rotation guys.

I don't hate the Rangers, & Houston has holes too. But, my offer still stands. Houston will fare better than the Rangers.

Who do you think is making the Astros fourth and fifth rotation slots after Oswalt, Williams, Jennings? Everywhere that I've read has had Wandy listed as one of the starters. Maybe Astros fans have more insight than I can find around DFW.

But if you're really wanting to talk about results, the Rangers did finish just two games worse than the Astros last year, and that was when Houston had Pettite and Clemens...the Rangers pitching staff is better than last year, Houston's is worse than last year...so I'm willing to work some sort of bet out!

SintonFan_inAustin
02-08-2007, 09:29 PM
Rangers vs Astros cant wait :) Best time of the year besides football.

JR2004
02-09-2007, 12:44 AM
If SOSA RETURNS TO FORM IT WILL SCARE THE A'S. A'S LINEUP ISNT BETTER BUT THE PITCHING IS.

Pitching wins in this division and the pitching rich A's won't miss a beat even with Zito in a Giants uniform this season. The Rangers lineup doesn't scare me one bit even if Sosa is able to put together an okay season.

Y'alls best hope to win the division anytime soon went out the window the moment y'all let the empty golf shirt stick around for too long instead of handing the GM job to Grady Fuson. That was a GIANT mistake for the Rangers to not let him be the GM.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-09-2007, 12:45 AM
Texas Rangers, Power Rangers, who cares?

Keith7
02-09-2007, 01:08 AM
Sosa will be the comeback player of the year and i predict that he hits for the cycle when the Asstros come to town

Macarthur
02-09-2007, 10:21 AM
Projected batting order
1. CF Kenny Lofton:
.301 BA, 79 R, 32 SB with Dodgers in 2006
2. LF Frank Catalanotto:
.300 BA, 7 HR, 56 RBI with the Blue Jays in 2006
3. SS Michael Young:
.314 BA, 14 HR 103 RBI in 2006
4. 1B Mark Teixeira:
.305 BA, 33 HR, 108 RBI in 2006
5. DH Sammy Sosa:
Did not play in 2006.
6. 3B Hank Blalock:
.266 BA, 16 HR, 89 RBI in 2006
7. RF Nelson Cruz:
.223 BA, 6 HR, 23 RBI in 2006
8. C Gerald Laird:
.296 BA, 7 HR, 22 RBI in 2006
9. 2B Ian Kinsler:
.286 BA, 14 HR, 55 RBI in 2006

Sosa will not play. He is done; I will be shocked if he even makes the team.

If Tex plays the entire season like he did the last half of last year, the offense will be fine. Once again, it will come down to pitching.

Projected rotation
1. Kevin Millwood, 16-12, 4.52 ERA in 2006
2. Vicente Padilla, 15-10, 4.50 ERA in 2006
3. Brandon McCarthy, 4-7, 4.68 ERA for the White Sox in 2006
4. Robinson Tejeda, 5-5, 4.28 ERA in 2006
5. Josh Rupe, 0-1, 3.41 ERA in 2006

Projected bullpen
Closer: Eric Gagne, 1 save, 0.00 ERA in 2006
RH setup man: Akinori Otsuka, 32 saves, 2.11 ERA in 2006
LH setup man: C.J. Wilson, 4.06 ERA in 2006

Huh? If McCarthy is as advertised, this will be a very good top 3. If Tejada improves on last year and we get decent work from the #5 spot, this will be the best rotation Texas has ever had. Ever!

McCarthy has a chance to be a stud.

The Rangers bullpen was one of the better ones in the league last year and should be strong again.

The pitching wasn't too bad last year. Really the offense let them down more last year.

crzyjournalist03
02-09-2007, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
Sosa will not play. He is done; I will be shocked if he even makes the team.

If Tex plays the entire season like he did the last half of last year, the offense will be fine. Once again, it will come down to pitching.

Huh? If McCarthy is as advertised, this will be a very good top 3. If Tejada improves on last year and we get decent work from the #5 spot, this will be the best rotation Texas has ever had. Ever!

McCarthy has a chance to be a stud.

The Rangers bullpen was one of the better ones in the league last year and should be strong again.

The pitching wasn't too bad last year. Really the offense let them down more last year.

Ok...for those of you who don't think Sosa will make the lineup, move Wilkerson into his spot, move everybody up in the batting order a couple of spots and put him at 8th, and the lineup still looks pretty darn good.

Watch out for Ian Kinsler...that kid reminds me so much of Michael Young when he first came into the league!

Keith7
02-09-2007, 01:31 PM

Watch out for Ian Kinsler...that kid reminds me so much of Michael Young when he first came into the league!

I've thought that before too.. I hope Ron Washington likes to run more, if we have Lofton / Kinsler,at the top of the lineup, like i'm willing to bet they try a few times early in the season, their speed could help the rangers drive in alot of runs

Txbroadcaster
02-09-2007, 01:33 PM
I've thought that before too.. I hope Ron Washington likes to run more, if we have Lofton / Kinsler,at the top of the lineup, like i'm willing to bet they try a few times early in the season, their speed could help the rangers drive in alot of runs

not only in stealing..but the speed at the top will help be more aggressive running 1st to home. Last year the Offense got alot of hits, but was a bag to bag offense cause there was not alot of speed

crzyjournalist03
02-09-2007, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
not only in stealing..but the speed at the top will help be more aggressive running 1st to home. Last year the Offense got alot of hits, but was a bag to bag offense cause there was not alot of speed

The team might not look great with Lofton at the top, but he can still play...whether he only lasts one more year or two, I'm glad to have him. Letting GMJ go was a little tough to stomach for me, but I honestly think they ended up with a better CF this year!

themsu97
02-09-2007, 01:52 PM
the Rangers are only better than the 'Stros if someone gets hurt for the 'Stros...Roy O is a stud... one of the best pitchers in baseball...jennnings pitched good in colorado

themsu97
02-09-2007, 02:15 PM
Lee does not have to be great in Left... big wall there to help him...all he has to do is hit the ball, which he can... berkman is an all star...Luke Scott is one in the making... Burke, and Bigg will be good...
Lidge can be lights out... as can Gagne... but at least Lidge has not had arm trouble...
I take the 'Stros... but I agree about Wandy...

Macarthur
02-09-2007, 02:19 PM
[B]Ok...for those of you who don't think Sosa will make the lineup, move Wilkerson into his spot, move everybody up in the batting order a couple of spots and put him at 8th, and the lineup still looks pretty darn good.

Wilkerson had a miserable year last year. His history in the league says he will be much better this year. He should be a decent lefthanded bat. I also think Jason Botts is going to get another shot. I would love for him to emerge. He's a big powerful switch hitter.

Ian was a very pleasant surprise. Everything I heard was that he was a Michael Young starter kit. He certainly is better than advertised.

Highschoolfan78
02-09-2007, 03:19 PM
They should try to get John Rocker... oh wait they tried that and it worked out great!!

RMAC
02-09-2007, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by g$$

Gagne? Damaged goods plain & simple.

Yeah, and how many NL teams have won the WS in those last 10 years? Let's face it, while some diehard fans might consider the AL to be a disgrace to baseball with the DH and all, the AL is the better league. And who did win that Silver Boot? Do you remember Keith?

Who-dun-it!!?
02-09-2007, 05:28 PM
doesn't matter, they still suk!!!!
Astros RULE!!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
02-09-2007, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
Wilkerson had a miserable year last year. His history in the league says he will be much better this year. He should be a decent lefthanded bat. I also think Jason Botts is going to get another shot. I would love for him to emerge. He's a big powerful switch hitter.

Wilkerson had alot of swing and misses in his at bats, but he would still get on base alot with walks. Hope hes healthy and he turns those swing and misses into hits. Jason Botts can be a big plus if he blossoms this year.

Rangers have the bags packed for the start of a World Series Title ;)

http://texas.rangers.mlb.com/images/2007/02/09/oeuWKroU.jpg

RMAC
02-09-2007, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?
Astros RULE!!!!

Typical NL-Lover post. Who cares who won the world series? Hmm, let me think here, how about all the NL teams that HAVEN'T. They might care. If nobody cared who won the W.S., then they wouldn't have made the All-Star game the decider on who got home field advantage.

g$$
02-15-2007, 05:18 AM
Who do you think is making the Astros fourth and fifth rotation slots after Oswalt, Williams, Jennings? Everywhere that I've read has had Wandy listed as one of the starters. Maybe Astros fans have more insight than I can find around DFW.

But if you're really wanting to talk about results, the Rangers did finish just two games worse than the Astros last year, and that was when Houston had Pettite and Clemens...the Rangers pitching staff is better than last year, Houston's is worse than last year...so I'm willing to work some sort of bet out!

Projected Astros rotation:

1. Oswalt
2. Jennings
3. Williams
4. Sampson/Nieve battle
5. Albers/Patton/Gutierrez/Wandy/Holdskom battle

**wild card: Clemens in June (unlikely though)
**Estrada, Paulino, Barthmaier close to MLB
**possible trade for another proven starter (maybe Ensberg...for Jake Westbrook, etc.)

Good luck to the Rangers, but lunch offer still stands.

NDFootball
02-15-2007, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?
Astros RULE!!!!

I'm blown away by the amount of thought and research you put into that one post.

g$$
02-15-2007, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by RMAC
Yeah, and how many NL teams have won the WS in those last 10 years? Let's face it, while some diehard fans might consider the AL to be a disgrace to baseball with the DH and all, the AL is the better league. And who did win that Silver Boot? Do you remember Keith?

Marlins (twice) & Cards come to mind. AL has been good no doubt. And the AL style of ball is not "real" baseball for seamheads like me (DH, little small ball, etc.).

It still comes down to pitching & defense, & that rules the Rangers out right there. Quality pitching depth has fewer slumps than hitting - age old axiom - & it will always be true.

Millwood is a good #2 (more like a #3 on a quality team). Padilla is a #3. The Rangers lack a proven #1 & closer (Gagne = health??). Depth is an issue too. Good luck!

crzyjournalist03
02-15-2007, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Marlins (twice) & Cards come to mind. AL has been good no doubt. And the AL style of ball is not "real" baseball for seamheads like me (DH, little small ball, etc.).

It still comes down to pitching & defense, & that rules the Rangers out right there. Quality pitching depth has fewer slumps than hitting - age old axiom - & it will always be true.

Millwood is a good #2 (more like a #3 on a quality team). Padilla is a #3. The Rangers lack a proven #1 & closer (Gagne = health??). Depth is an issue too. Good luck!

Millwood might not be "ace" material, but no way would he be a number three on ANY team's staff right now. Do people remember that he led the AL in ERA two years ago? His ERA is naturally higher since he pitches in Texas, but he's a rock solid number two.

I don't know what you're looking for in a "proven" closer, but Akinori Otsuka had a better year last year than Brad Lidge/Dan Wheeler. Speculation around here says if Texas feels it needs SP and that Gagne proves to be healthy, A.O. could be dealt for a #2 starter.

g$$
02-15-2007, 07:59 PM
Millwood might not be "ace" material, but no way would he be a number three on ANY team's staff right now. Do people remember that he led the AL in ERA two years ago? His ERA is naturally higher since he pitches in Texas, but he's a rock solid number two.

I don't know what you're looking for in a "proven" closer, but Akinori Otsuka had a better year last year than Brad Lidge/Dan Wheeler. Speculation around here says if Texas feels it needs SP and that Gagne proves to be healthy, A.O. could be dealt for a #2 starter.

Millwood is a solid #2, period. Never gonna be anyone's #1 who is truly good. Lidge was awful, but Wheeler did just fine wherever he was used. I still take the Astros pitching over the Rangers 1-12. If you deal AO, then again you have more pitching holes. You can't rob Peter to pay Paul & ever get over the hump.

Talk to me in August. Gagne has not been healthy in 4 years. Sosa is done. Lofton is decent but nowhere near the old days. Offense is too hit & miss. This club has lots of holes & health issues. Good luck, & where should we have lunch this summer? I plan to catch some TCL games so I will be in the area!

SintonFan_inAustin
02-15-2007, 08:16 PM
Astros have a no. 1 but the rest looks like unproven pitchers. I dont think Clemens comes back to Astros if he pitches again. no pitching depth and avg to below avg offense = last place for the astros in their division. And the The Silver Boot returns to Arlington this year:thumbsup: I be in Houston for the Rangers vs Astros showdown for the Boot.

g$$
02-15-2007, 08:33 PM
Astros have a no. 1 but the rest looks like unproven pitchers. I dont think Clemens comes back to Astros if he pitches again. no pitching depth and avg to below avg offense = last place for the astros in their division. And the The Silver Boot returns to Arlington this year:thumbsup: I be in Houston for the Rangers vs Astros showdown for the Boot.

Disagree - Astros have to fill #4 & #5 in rotation, but the arms coming up are promising (Albers, Nieve, Sampson, Patton, etc.). Offense will be much improved with Lee, full year for Scott, Burke full-time starter, etc. Jennings & Williams are proven MLB pitchers. Berkman is a stud & one of the best 10 hitters in MLB.

It will come down to 4 things for me:
1. Lidge must rebound & be the closer again to allow Qualls & Wheeler to fill their roles
2. Outfield defense with Lee, Burke, & Scott iffy at best
3. Ensberg must return to All Star form after injury
4. Young pitchers must step up in rotation (Backe out for year with elbow surgery)

If those things pan out (big ifs), the Astros will be in the hunt all year.

injuredinmelee
02-15-2007, 09:04 PM
70-80 losses?

JR2004
02-15-2007, 09:20 PM
Millwood might not be "ace" material, but no way would he be a number three on ANY team's staff right now.

He would be the 3rd man in the rotation on Oakland's staff!

g$$
02-15-2007, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
70-80 losses?

For whom, the Rangers?

Let's remember that if you lose 70 games, that gives you a 92-70 record & more than likely playoff bound. I will take that for the Astros any day.

It will take around 90 wins to get in the playoffs, maybe a shade above that. It is a marathon not a sprint over the grind of the long season.

crzyjournalist03
02-16-2007, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
He would be the 3rd man in the rotation on Oakland's staff!

sorry, Dan Haren might have had a better ERA than Millwood, but I'd take Millwood any day...and Oakland had better hope that Harden is healthy, otherwise they'll have Loaiza at number two.

Bull19
02-16-2007, 02:50 PM
YOU RANGER FANS MUST BE IDIOTS. THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL THEY R EVEN GUNNA SNIFF THE PLAYOFFS. AND SOSA IN THE 5 HOLE. THATS LIKE PUTTING A FREAKING BLOW UP DOLL IN THE BOX. HE'S GUNNA BE LUCKY TO EVEN PUT THE BALL IN PLAY. RANGERS WILL BE LUCKY TO COME IN FIFTH IN THEIR DIVISION.

SOSA IN THE 5 HOLE :clap: :clap: EVERYTIME I THINK ABOUT IT I LAUGH.

ANYWAYS I THOUGHT HE SIGNED A MINOR LEAGUE DEAL?

crzyjournalist03
02-16-2007, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
YOU RANGER FANS MUST BE IDIOTS. THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL THEY R EVEN GUNNA SNIFF THE PLAYOFFS. AND SOSA IN THE 5 HOLE. THATS LIKE PUTTING A FREAKING BLOW UP DOLL IN THE BOX. HE'S GUNNA BE LUCKY TO EVEN PUT THE BALL IN PLAY. RANGERS WILL BE LUCKY TO COME IN FIFTH IN THEIR DIVISION.

SOSA IN THE 5 HOLE :clap: :clap: EVERYTIME I THINK ABOUT IT I LAUGH.

ANYWAYS I THOUGHT HE SIGNED A MINOR LEAGUE DEAL?

"They r even gunna"...and RANGERS fans are the idiots???

Sosa isn't guaranteed anything...but from his offseason performance, the club expects him to make the five hole. If he doesn't hit like a big leaguer, he won't make the team.

There's no way in heck that they won't at least contend for the division title. And by the way, there's only four teams in the Rangers division. Read up on your baseball before posting such insightful posts. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bull19
02-16-2007, 03:09 PM
"They r even gunna"...and RANGERS fans are the idiots???

Sosa isn't guaranteed anything...but from his offseason performance, the club expects him to make the five hole. If he doesn't hit like a big leaguer, he won't make the team.

There's no way in heck that they won't at least contend for the division title. And by the way, there's only four teams in the Rangers division. Read up on your baseball before posting such insightful posts. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

WHEN I PUT 5TH I WAS TENDING TO STATE JUST HOW CRAPPY THEY R. AND WHEN THE CLUB EXPECTS SOSA TO HIT IN THE 5 HOLE...ENOUGH SAID BOUT HOW CRAPPY THEY R.

crzyjournalist03
02-16-2007, 03:12 PM
WHEN I PUT 5TH I WAS TENDING

do you mean "pretending"??? Geez...I can't take this guy anymore...he's giving me a monster headache, and still doesn't know what he's talking about...

Bull19
02-16-2007, 03:14 PM
do you mean "pretending"??? Geez...I can't take this guy anymore...he's giving me a monster headache, and still doesn't know what he's talking about...

NO I DONT MEAN PRETENDING. I WILL LET THEIR RECORD DO THE REST OF MY TALKING FOR ME WHEN SEPT. ROLLS AROUND.

crzyjournalist03
02-16-2007, 03:15 PM
NO I DONT MEAN PRETENDING. I WILL LET THEIR RECORD DO THE REST OF MY TALKING FOR ME WHEN SEPT. ROLLS AROUND.

So if come September, the Rangers have a better record than the Astros, does that mean you won't post anymore???

Bull19
02-16-2007, 03:17 PM
So if come September, the Rangers have a better record than the Astros, does that mean you won't post anymore???

ONLY IF YOU PROMISE NOT TO POST ANYMORE IF THE STROS' RECORD IS BETTER THAN RANGERS

crzyjournalist03
02-16-2007, 03:20 PM
ONLY IF YOU PROMISE NOT TO POST ANYMORE IF THE STROS' RECORD IS BETTER THAN RANGERS

No, I never said anything about letting the record do the talking for me...and I've never said that the Astros won't be better.

Given the two, I like the Rangers chances better. They have a much better shot at winning their division than the Astros, but the Astros probably have a better chance of making the wild-card than the Rangers do. I think the two teams will be very close record wise, and I hope they both do well.

With all that said though, my opinion is that the Rangers will have a better record simply because they've improved from last year, and Houston has stepped back in their pitching.

SintonFan_inAustin
02-16-2007, 11:12 PM
ONLY IF YOU PROMISE NOT TO POST ANYMORE IF THE STROS' RECORD IS BETTER THAN RANGERS Rangers will have better record and make the playoffs and win the Silver Boot and what else, World Series Champs?;)

crzyjournalist03
02-16-2007, 11:33 PM
Rangers will have better record and make the playoffs and win the Silver Boot and what else, World Series Champs?;)

:evillol: :thumbsup: