PDA

View Full Version : American Idol - San Antonio Auditions

Blastoderm55
02-07-2007, 06:05 PM
Anyone else watch last night? There's already some news about a couple of the singers who advanced.

Story (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17028850/)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-07-2007, 07:01 PM
were they any good in San A?

Blastoderm55
02-08-2007, 11:26 AM
Some were good. Some were awful. :D

jason
02-08-2007, 11:35 AM
we're having Tarleton Idol next week here on campus...

Phil C
02-08-2007, 11:36 AM
I always wonder a little about American Idol. I had a friend whose son auditioned at the start and they told him that they weren't looking for that style whatever that means. And then when they had the first show they had people that were terrible and I know my friend was much better than they were. This was a young man that had won state in choir and high school. American Idol has some good ones win but I think they eliminate a lot of good ones and choose bad ones on purpose.

44INAROW
02-08-2007, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Anyone else watch last night? There's already some news about a couple of the singers who advanced.

Which one was Akron Watson? I sure hope not the last guy - he was good

Blastoderm55
02-08-2007, 11:59 AM
He was the one with his cousin. The cousin went first and was told no, and took it well, but then pretended to be upset with the judges.

44INAROW
02-08-2007, 12:03 PM
He was the one with his cousin. The cousin went first and was told no, and took it well, but then pretended to be upset with the judges.

oh man, I liked him too...........

Cameron Crazy
02-08-2007, 12:27 PM
Some are good some of them shouldn't have tried out!

BuffyMars
02-08-2007, 12:32 PM

:foul: :foul: :foul: :foul:

That makes me mad!! That poor kid! I actually feel bad for him, because according the story (insert quote)

"According to PegasusNews.com, when Watson asked why he was no longer welcome, the "Idol" spokesperson said "Well, I'm not really sure," and told him he could tell people he had been dropped to alternate status. The marijuana arrest was not cited by the show, and other "Idol" contestants have competed with drug arrests. 2005 finalist Bo Bice was arrested in 2001 for felony cocaine possession as well as in 2003 for marijuana possesion and other charges."

...UM...HELLO! Bo Bice was arrested too! Ugh! I hated that guy...gave me the heebie jeebies. NOT pretty....BAD HAIR! Get rid of the split ends dude! (Sorry....having an unplesant Bo Bice moment.)

I digress.

I never understand the reasoning behind that show.

texasjeremy
02-08-2007, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Which one was Akron Watson? I sure hope not the last guy - he was good

The last guy was from Waxahachie.

Ranger Mom
02-08-2007, 02:33 PM
We had a girl from Greenwood try out a couple of years ago in Las Vegas.

According to her......you have to try out in front of other judges before you even come close to seeing Randy, Paula and Simon.

She is really good and admits that nerves got the best of her, but she saw plenty of people who were horrible, they just wanted on the show, NO MATTER WHAT!

She said, those people who they moved on through, had to sign a release that their clip could be shown on TV....no matter how good or how bad it was.

They were warned beforehand, so I don't really feel sorry for them when they suck and the judges blast them. Have they lived under a rock for the past 5 years??

Buccaneer
02-08-2007, 02:46 PM
Watson's not the only San Antonio "Idol" wannabe who has a criminal record. Successful auditioner Ashlyn Carr confessed last fall to putting sugar in an ex-boyfriend's gas tank, according to The Houstonian Online, the student newspaper of Sam Houston State University. Carr was arrested on criminal mischief charges in November after the incident occurred.

Carr was a notable auditioner because she made dramatic faces throughout her audition, drawing criticism and a "no" vote from the judges.

But Simon Cowell rethought and sent "Idol" staff to find Carr and bring her back, where she sang again, still with many of the same facial expressions. After her second song, however, the "Idol" judges agreed to send her to the Hollywood round.

It does not appear that Carr's criminal record will affect her "Idol" chances.