PDA

View Full Version : 22 3a

hsfan
08-09-2003, 11:32 PM
who do you think will win this dist.?who are the players to look 4 to go to the next level?i know there is a lot of good talent in this dist. that might get over looked,can you give me some names 2 look 4?

3afan2K3
08-09-2003, 11:37 PM
district 22 (http://3afootball.homestead.com/223A.html)

hsfan
08-10-2003, 12:09 AM
what did forney do in this dist. last year?

BH_146
08-10-2003, 10:32 AM
I think you may have stayed up past your bedtime.

3afan2K3
08-10-2003, 12:21 PM
I don't have a bedtime

<small>[ August 10, 2003, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

BH_146
08-11-2003, 02:29 PM
I was replying to hsfan based on the question about how well Forney did in District 22AAA last year.

RBARKER
08-11-2003, 02:39 PM
District 22-3A should be very competetive this year. Barbers Hill, Liberty & Coldsprings all have a chance to win this district. Also Splendora and Cleveland could surprise everyone and slip into the # 3 spot. Liberty and Coldsprings IMHO are returning the most talent but BH has a very good program and will develope as the year progresses. I see the district fallin into the following order.

1.) Barbers Hill/ Forney tie :D
2.) Liberty
3.) Coldsprings
4.) Cleveland
5.) Splendora
6.) Huffman
7.) Tarkington
8.) Shepard

Old Cardinal
08-11-2003, 04:04 PM
I see it BH and Liberty in a tossup; followed by Cleveland, then Splendora and then Coldspring, in that order...Unless you want to toss in----

Forney with BH and Liberty!

trojandad
08-12-2003, 12:07 AM
It's really a toughie to call. I do believe, though, this district has teams that will have the primary strength coming from line play instead of skilled people. First off, the Cleveland and Splendora band wagon is going to have to be done with line play because they just don't have the backs from their returners or JV. Splendora should be the best of those two just off the comparisons of tough lines. Splendora should have the best of the two lines.

The best game of the year for line play should be the Liberty-BH game. That's when two lines with backfields less than what they had last year will meet.

As I've said before, our new head coach is close to 400 lbs himself with a background in defense as well as line play. The best thing of the workouts and scrimmages is watching how Coach Lymas has salvaged the confidence of four 300+ lb linemen that were shelved due to various reasons by the previous group. Being a large man himself, Coach Lymas has been great about knowing how to push a large young man while instilling confidence in them that they shouldn't have been forgotten about for the previous two years.

I think most that know the district see we have one of the best backfields. Problem is, two great backs are two hits from going south. Knowing this, I don't think our line has to be as good as everyone else's to compete.

Bottom line, doing business in Cleveland and Splendora, almost nobody in those towns speak as highly of their teams as others from this board have. If we are lucky enough to be in that top three, I'm banking on BH having to play Cleveland, Splendora and Liberty at their place the three weeks before they play us. We at least get Shepherd before BH.

If BH gets a tough game from Liberty and our line has 7 games to come together by then, I think we can take BH this year. Combining that with getting Liberty at our place after beating them two years straight in their home would give us the championship this year. As RBarker said, though, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see a 3 way champ here this year.

But no, Card, except for injury, Splendora and Cleveland won't have an effect on the district this year. Division abounds. And before you come back with the Tarkington game of last year, please note: You notice I haven't been able to respond to your remarks about the "upset" last year. There are legal dealings that prohibit everyone from commenting on last year and that game and BOY will I be happy for the day to come to be able to comment, because everyone would understand what happened. But if you connect the dots that are known to the general public, it's not a toughie to figure out.

trojandad
08-12-2003, 12:26 AM
Here's an idea of how much fun everyone's having now. Very important to the guys, for sure.

http://www.itemonline.com/archives/index.inn?loc=detail&doc=/2003/August/08-1914-sports02.txt

eagle08
08-12-2003, 04:20 PM
Trojandad, it sounds like you have really thought this through and you have really high hopes for the Trojans this year. Best of luck and we'll see you at the Hill Oct. 24th.

trojandad
08-12-2003, 06:08 PM
Thanks Eagle. You guys are sure in the catbird seat. Look forward to seein you there as well as RBarker and QBKilla. In fact, maybe we can get a Saturday caravan together to go see Carrington and Brown at Prairie View, they have a Saturday Baylor scrimmage next weekend. Should be fun.

EAGLELINE73
08-17-2003, 02:58 PM
NOT TO KNOCK THE TROJANS BUT WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM AFTER THEY LOST TO US IT WAS LIKE DOWN HILL FROM THERE, BUT THIS YEAR HOPEFULLY THERE WILL BE SOME GOOD GAMES BETWEEN BH AND THE TROJANS. AND FOR LIBERTY ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS GET READY CASUE WERE COMIN, HOLDING NOTHING BACK.

trojandad
08-17-2003, 04:15 PM
Lots of internal crap. Eagle73. Can't comment on it because of pending stuff but it all got handled with the changes of this year. We had tons of talent here, but I think the guys did as good as they could with the restrictions they had.

Try not to feel too bad for us, though. I mean I know a LOT of teams that wish they could have gone too levels deep in the playoffs. It's not like we dried up and blew away.

Speaking of which, a good example of last year's troubles was the LaGrange game. We lost possession 3 times and lost 3 scores and were behind a ton with 8 minutes left in the 4th. And being behind that much with that much time left, our QB said he was told to take a knee when we got the ball first and 10 on our 20. How do you take a knee down 40 with that much time left? Anyway, Darius called his own plays against LaGrange's 1st defense and 6 plays later he put us in the endzone (LaGrange pulled their first group once we got down to their 15). It was just that kind of unknown reasoning that made the year tough. But with that kind of squabbling, I think two levels deep was an accomplishment.

When you consider that our QB turned down a D1 offer to go to Prairie View, and our FB and TB this year from that group already have D1 offers, it's a pretty good group of offensive talent. Our lines sure looked good yesterday. Will know a lot more against Willis this Friday, they beat John Tyler pretty handily yesterday.

lbc05
08-17-2003, 09:52 PM
it truly is a tough one to call bh and liberty both have the talent to win. i see it as a toss up between liberty and bh with coldsprings rounding out the top three i just dont see cleveland or splendora being able to beat any of those teams.

EAGLELINE73
08-18-2003, 07:46 PM
HEY TROJAN DAD LIKE I SAID I DID NT WANT TO KNOCK THE TEAM I WAS JUST KINDA OF CURIOUS TO WHAT HAPPENED, WE WILL HOPEFULLY DO BETTER AT THIS WEEKS GAMES THEN WE DID LAST TIME.

RBARKER
08-19-2003, 07:30 AM
EagleLine73, How did yall do in the scrimmage. I have not heard a score yet. Good luck on your season, stay focused and play hard.

EAGLELINE73
08-19-2003, 08:26 PM
well as the coaches said we won but i dont know second offense and deffense need to pick up the pase but first o and first d are workin like a well oiled machine.

hsfan
08-20-2003, 11:45 PM
where are all the bh fans?

RBARKER
08-21-2003, 08:10 AM
hsfan, ther are about 6 of us on here thats a pretty good amount of support.