PDA

View Full Version : tragedy in Cameron...

theyoefnshow
02-07-2007, 03:07 PM
it says Maysfield but both guys are from Cameron. credit www.kmil.com

"(MAYSFIELD) Jealousy appears to be the motive behind the fatal stabbing Monday in the Maysfield community. A Cameron man remains in custody today after reportedly confessing to fatally stabbing his friend during an altercation about a girlfriend. Raymond Lawrence Scott, 27, was arrested Monday and charged with murder in the death of James “J.J.” Urban Jr., 24. Urban was found dead Monday afternoon with his throat cut, according to Milam County Sheriff Charlie West.
The Sheriff’s Department was notified around 5:45 p.m. Monday after the body of James "J.J." Urban, Jr., 24 was discovered by his mother in the living room of his home on CR 254 in Maysfield. Investigators recovered two knives at the scene that they believe were involved in the stabbing.
Shortly after Urban’s mother made her grisly discovery, Cameron Police were called to the Scott’s home by concerned relatives. Scott’s aunt had picked him up from Urban’s home around 4 p.m. She honked her horn, but Scott motioned with his hand out the door, to wait a few minutes. When he walked outside, he was bloody and shirtless. Scott would only say that he and Urban had a fight, but that they both were all right. He refused to let his aunt check on Urban saying he was fine.
Scott and his girlfriend had been last seen with Urban before 6 a.m. Monday when Scott allegedly confronted Urban about having a secret relationship with his girlfriend. Urban’s mother came by his home that morning before heading to work, and Urban told her of the altercation, waving it off as something that would blow over, he said.
Scott was treated for what appeared to be knife wounds before being taken to the Milam County Jail, where his bond was set at $150,000 for the first-degree murder charge.
Milam County Justice of the Peace Gary Northcott ordered Urban’s body sent to a medical examiner in Dallas for autopsy.
Responding to the initial call were Sheriff West, Chief Deputy Retchloff, Investigator Beathard, and Deputies Sager and Clore, along with Cameron Police Officer Kris Stringer. "

I didn't know JJ but knew who he was. Raymond on the other hand was a very good friend of mine from 2nd grade on up. he played football for us and if I remember right, he was all district defensive tackle his sr. year. after graduation I only saw him a handful of times but he was always the same cat I remembered. I was shocked and saddened when I heard yesterday and feel badly for his parents who have always been awesome people. to know this was over a damn girl is sickening.
_
_
_
_

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-07-2007, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
it says Maysfield but both guys are from Cameron. credit www.kmil.com

"(MAYSFIELD) Jealousy appears to be the motive behind the fatal stabbing Monday in the Maysfield community. A Cameron man remains in custody today after reportedly confessing to fatally stabbing his friend during an altercation about a girlfriend. Raymond Lawrence Scott, 27, was arrested Monday and charged with murder in the death of James “J.J.” Urban Jr., 24. Urban was found dead Monday afternoon with his throat cut, according to Milam County Sheriff Charlie West.
The Sheriff’s Department was notified around 5:45 p.m. Monday after the body of James "J.J." Urban, Jr., 24 was discovered by his mother in the living room of his home on CR 254 in Maysfield. Investigators recovered two knives at the scene that they believe were involved in the stabbing.
Shortly after Urban’s mother made her grisly discovery, Cameron Police were called to the Scott’s home by concerned relatives. Scott’s aunt had picked him up from Urban’s home around 4 p.m. She honked her horn, but Scott motioned with his hand out the door, to wait a few minutes. When he walked outside, he was bloody and shirtless. Scott would only say that he and Urban had a fight, but that they both were all right. He refused to let his aunt check on Urban saying he was fine.
Scott and his girlfriend had been last seen with Urban before 6 a.m. Monday when Scott allegedly confronted Urban about having a secret relationship with his girlfriend. Urban’s mother came by his home that morning before heading to work, and Urban told her of the altercation, waving it off as something that would blow over, he said.
Scott was treated for what appeared to be knife wounds before being taken to the Milam County Jail, where his bond was set at $150,000 for the first-degree murder charge.
Milam County Justice of the Peace Gary Northcott ordered Urban’s body sent to a medical examiner in Dallas for autopsy.
Responding to the initial call were Sheriff West, Chief Deputy Retchloff, Investigator Beathard, and Deputies Sager and Clore, along with Cameron Police Officer Kris Stringer. "

I didn't know JJ but knew who he was. Raymond on the other hand was a very good friend of mine from 2nd grade on up. he played football for us and if I remember right, he was all district defensive tackle his sr. year. after graduation I only saw him a handful of times but he was always the same cat I remembered. I was shocked and saddened when I heard yesterday and feel badly for his parents who have always been awesome people. to know this was over a damn girl is sickening.
_
_
_
_

You got that right....

CHS_CG
02-07-2007, 03:14 PM
this is horrible. My prayers are with the families of both of these guys and I seriously hope this guy gets some help. There is no guy or girl worth killin somebody over.. its plain stupid!