PDA

View Full Version : i don't care for Paris Hilton normally but....

theyoefnshow
02-07-2007, 02:49 PM
she's being asked to apologize for something she said that was caught on camera. ameteur (imagine that) at that. no word if the video was in green nightvision. anyway, what does she owe an apology for? here is the write up:

"Gay rights leaders in Los Angeles are calling on Paris Hilton to explain herself after making a series of anti-gay and racial slurs in a video that began circulating in cyberspace last week. The video, which appears to have been taken by an amateur videographer at a private party, shows Hilton referring to someone using the derogatory term "f****t" and describes herself and sister Nicky as "n**gas". And the leaders of the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) are outraged by the footage. They're calling for Hilton make a public apology before the video gets wider play. GLAAD President Neil G. Giuliano says, "When Paris Hilton utters these words into a camera, it creates a permanent record that... she must bear responsibility for. These are not frivolous words, and to use them as if they are gives tacit sanction to the racism and homophobia they engender. Hilton has an obligation to go on the record, explain herself, and publicly apologize to the LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender) and African American communities and all those offended by these slurs."

screw the "little girls look up to her" excuse. she lost that in her last video. since when can people not say what they want in casual conversation?? its not like she said it on live tv or or cnn.

burnet44
02-07-2007, 02:51 PM
dont be gay
then you wont be offended

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-07-2007, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
dont be gay

I nominate this for Post of the Day honors. :clap:

theyoefnshow
02-07-2007, 02:55 PM
a wise man once said "queering doesn't make the world go round." lol....actually most think he is crazy but damn that's funny.

Gobbla2001
02-07-2007, 02:59 PM
hahaaaa

BuffyMars
02-07-2007, 03:06 PM
dont be gay

Ok, I don't even know where or how to begin to respond to that statement.

Guess you have never known any gay people in your life. No relatives or friends...?

But to respond to the thread...that girl...she makes me laugh. She needs to just hang it up, because she got what she wanted. She wanted to be famous and shes famous all right, but for all the wrong reasons!

Phil C
02-07-2007, 03:07 PM
The one thing to remember is that at all times

BE POLITICALLY CORRECT!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

JasperDog94
02-07-2007, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I nominate this for Post of the Day honors. :clap: I'll second that nomination.

theyoefnshow
02-07-2007, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
Ok, I don't even know where or how to begin to respond to that statement.

Guess you have never known any gay people in your life. No relatives or friends...?

But to respond to the thread...that girl...she makes me laugh. She needs to just hang it up, because she got what she wanted. She wanted to be famous and shes famous all right, but for all the wrong reasons!

ok but if i'm joking around with my cousin and it's caught on film with me sayin "dude stop bein a f*****." sorry I ain't apologizing. I don't like paris at all but I don't see why she should have to do anything. maybe they should focus on keeping that gross skank lindsay lohan in rehab.

pirate4state
02-07-2007, 03:13 PM
:rolleyes: Good grief. Everyone is so sensitive these days. GMAB!!!

Who cares what Paris Hilton is talking about anyway? WTH is she anyway? Really?? :rolleyes:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-07-2007, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I'll second that nomination.

I say motion passed. :thumbsup:

themsu97
02-07-2007, 03:14 PM
Burnett 44 that is awesome and so true...
why are people so offended by what Paris Hilton says?

should I be offended when someone says I am white... the truth can never hurt, but it will set you free...

to heck with the PC junk...

I have friends who are gay and I am pretty sure that a relative of mine is gay... doesn't change my opinion of it one bit though... queers are queers...

BuffyMars
02-07-2007, 03:18 PM
GEEZ WHAT HAPPENED TO POLITICALLY CORRECT?!?!

:foul: :foul: :foul: :foul:

I guess I am different. My best friend since BIRTH is a lesbian...and when I see her...I don't think to myself...hey there is my gay friend.

WHAT?

I think hey! There is my best friend. I could care less if she likes boys or girls.

It is her life! NO ONE ELSES!

:hand: :tongue:

theyoefnshow
02-07-2007, 03:22 PM

I guess I am different. My best friend since BIRTH is a lesbian...and when I see her...I don't think to myself...hey there is my gay friend.

WHAT?

I think hey! There is my best friend. I could care less if she likes boys or girls.

yeah but if I knew my best friend had at some point probably imagined me naked, I woulda punched him in the face and found a new best friend lol

CenTexSports
02-07-2007, 03:22 PM
GLAAD made Mars Inc pull the Snicker commercial from TV yesterday. They are one powerful group of you know whats.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-07-2007, 03:23 PM

WHAT?

She really knew when she could first comprehend anything at all she was a lesbian? I find that hard to believe because I know a couple guys who are identical twins, one is gay, one is not. I for one will never buy the idea that anyone is born gay simply because two people with the exact same molecular and genetic composition choose to lead two different lifestyles. I will say that I think that every person has the right to chose how they live their life, but if they let the criticism of the lifestyle they choose bother them, I fully believe that they in their hearts know what they are doing is wrong and are ashamed of who they are. I for one am proud to be heterosexual, and nobody is ever going to make me feel bad for being this way. I'm sure that every person who is straight feels that way.

BuffyMars
02-07-2007, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
GLAAD made Mars Inc pull the Snicker commercial from TV yesterday. They are one powerful group of you know whats.

I guess I don't know about that commercial. Since the days of DVR...I usually watch them in fast forward with no sound. :hairpunk:

theyoefnshow
02-07-2007, 03:25 PM
so does GLADD embrace skittles?

CenTexSports
02-07-2007, 03:26 PM
It was the one were the two mechanics are eating the same Snicker and wind up touching lips and then have to do something manly so they pull out chest hair by the fistfulls.

Txbroadcaster
02-07-2007, 03:27 PM
She really knew when she could first comprehend anything at all she was a lesbian? I find that hard to believe because I know a couple guys who are identical twins, one is gay, one is not. I for one will never buy the idea that anyone is born gay simply because two people with the exact same molecular and genetic composition choose to lead two different lifestyles. I will say that I think that every person has the right to chose how they live their life, but if they let the criticism of the lifestyle they choose bother them, I fully believe that they in their hearts know what they are doing is wrong and are ashamed of who they are. I for one am proud to be heterosexual, and nobody is ever going to make me feel bad for being this way. I'm sure that every person who is straight feels that way.

So what age was you when you decided to be straight? By what you said..your attracted to both, but you made the choice to be straight

BuffyMars
02-07-2007, 03:28 PM

Haha!! no, no you misread. We have been friends practically since birth.

But you are talking to the wrong person about choice.

I studied the brain in psychology and there really are anatomical differences in Heterosexuals, and Homosexuals...up until then yes, I did believe it was a choice. After college, my opinion changed.

And that is my belief....I don't expect everyone to accept that. But it would be nice if we lived in a world that didn't bash people for their sexuality.

My theory is if they keep their business to theirself just like we do (when it comes to the 3 letter word), WHO CARES?

I've got enough probs to worry about someone elses.

pirate4state
02-07-2007, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
So what age was you when you decided to be straight? By what you said..your attracted to both, but you made the choice to be straight

LMAO ~~~~ this should be good.

*sits back and waits*

:D :D

BuffyMars
02-07-2007, 03:29 PM
It was the one were the two mechanics are eating the same Snicker and wind up touching lips and then have to do something manly so they pull out chest hair by the fistfulls.

Oh....yes I did see this ad.

pirate4state
02-07-2007, 03:30 PM
Haha!! no, no you misread. We have been friends practically since birth.

But you are talking to the wrong person about choice.

I studied the brain in psychology and there really are anatomical differences in Heterosexuals, and Homosexuals...up until then yes, I did believe it was a choice. After college, my opinion changed.

And that is my belief....I don't expect everyone to accept that. But it would be nice if we lived in a world that didn't bash people for their sexuality.

My theory is if they keep their business to theirself just like we do (when it comes to the 3 letter word), WHO CARES?

I've got enough probs to worry about someone elses.

:clap: WORD sista WORD :clap:

Gobbla2001
02-07-2007, 03:33 PM
GLAAD makes me SAAD and MAAD...

anyhoo, I knew a really gay guy... my ex-girlfriend's roomate... I remember when meeting the dude the first time, I was like "whatever"... I didn't care, maybe the dude's cool, maybe his lover can get us some beer (I was 20), really I didn't care... other than him being a little drama queen and talking like a california girl, "gay" never popped into my head...

I remember shaking his hand that first time and saying "Hey man, how's it goin', nice to meet you"... just like it was anyone else... the first thing the dude tells me is "You know, just because I'm gay like, like doesn't mean I'm gunna try to hit on you..."

I say "annnd?" :confused:

What I'm getting at is that most gay folk (for sure not all, but esspecially those heavily involved with GLAAD etc...) just love standing on the mountain tops and yelling "I'MMMMMMMMM GGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAY" as if they misread the script for the latest Taco Bell Commercials (I'm Full)... and if you're not gay, and you've never met a gay person in your life you are all of the sudden homophobic... I take the word homophobic as an insult... I was just raised to think naturally when it comes to sex... not to think Jimmy and Blake sittin' in a tree....... though Sharon and Susie sittin' in the tree wouldn't bother me

:p ;) :D

Blastoderm55
02-07-2007, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
yeah but if I knew my best friend had at some point probably imagined me naked, I woulda punched him in the face and found a new best friend lol

If it makes you feel better, I actually saw my best friend butt nekkid (too much tequila in Vegas), and I'm still straight as an arrow.

For all these cries of non-PC, most people could just grow a pair and learn to be comfortable with your own sexuality. Stop bringing these people down. We don't fight their battle, and I doubt a straight man was ever murdered due to his sexuality. Matthew Shepard comes to mind.

However...

Opinions are opinions. Its my opinion that we should all see gays and lesbians as any other normal person. Everyone else, including Ms. Hilton has a right to a similar or different opinion. If you want to call someone a fag, fine, we can deal, but don't ridicule them, abuse them, or take their rights. They're human beings and have just as much worth as anyone else.

BuffyMars
02-07-2007, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55

Opinions are opinions. Its my opinion that we should all see gays and lesbians as any other normal person. Everyone else, including Ms. Hilton has a right to a similar or different opinion. If you want to call someone a fag, fine, we can deal, but don't ridicule them, abuse them, or take their rights. They're human beings and have just as much worth as anyone else.

Well said! :clap: :clap:

Gobbla2001
02-07-2007, 03:37 PM
and removing the snickers commercial is just plain stupid... if that hurts your feelers that's lame.... and gay... :p

Blastoderm55
02-07-2007, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
and removing the snickers commercial is just plain stupid... if that hurts your feelers that's lame.... and gay... :p

I admire the Mars Co.

CenTexSports
I still believe in right and wrong.

Gobbla2001
I admire the Mars Co.

hahaha

Blastoderm55
02-07-2007, 03:45 PM

I don't even know where to begin on the issue of "nature vs. nurture," but I do remember a little bit about psychological conditioning. Of course if a homosexual is brought down repeatedly, they'll question their lifestyle, but that's no different from a young child who is scolded for misbehaving and then reexamines the events that led to the scolding.

As for pride in sexuality, that's fine and dandy, but prejudice or sexism against other sexuality should not accompany it.

edited for some crazy advice ~~ p4s ~~ by the way blast that was funny, but just TMI!

Gobbla2001
02-07-2007, 03:45 PM

What if the dude was eating a snickers... really enjoying it, and all of the sudden he realized that there was a dog turd on the other end of it and jumped back disgusted... the dude just doesn't want to eat that close to a dog turd... would some organization called, let's say, CRAAP come out of the blue calling the mars company "turdophobic" and have the commercial removed?

are there any petitions to sign to have the commercial reinstated??? and will mars be getting their money back???

Gobbla2001
02-07-2007, 03:48 PM

:confused:

that's apples and oranges... she can rub my chest but I don't want a guy rubbing my chest... not homophobic, I just have a preference...

Blastoderm55
02-07-2007, 03:48 PM
I still believe in right and wrong.

Very true, and if you want a biblical reference look no further than love they neighbor. No asterisks, no unless so and so. Just accept people for who they are and worry about your own passage to the promised land. If god really hates gays, then at least you'll be free of them in heaven, but you won't get there if you're busy hating people here.

pirate4state
02-07-2007, 03:49 PM
I don't even know where to begin on the issue of "nature vs. nurture," but I do remember a little bit about psychological conditioning. Of course if a homosexual is brought down repeatedly, they'll question their lifestyle, but that's no different from a young child who is scolded for misbehaving and then reexamines the events that led to the scolding.

As for pride in sexuality, that's fine and dandy, but prejudice or sexism against other sexuality should not accompany it.

:eek: Was that last paragraph really necessary??? :eek: :doh:

Blastoderm55
02-07-2007, 03:49 PM

that's apples and oranges... she can rub my chest but I don't want a guy rubbing my chest... not homophobic, I just have a preference...

Anti-cornhole?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-07-2007, 03:50 PM

I never said anyone is attracted to both of them, you're putting words into my mouth. I decided to be straight the first time I saw a pretty girl on TV just like everyone else does. You have a Mom and a Dad, it's just natural instinct to be attracted to the opposite sex.

Blastoderm55
02-07-2007, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:eek: Was that last paragraph really necessary??? :eek: :doh:

;) :cool:

Gobbla2001
02-07-2007, 03:51 PM
Anti-cornhole?

yah I am...

Txbroadcaster
02-07-2007, 03:51 PM
I never said anyone is attracted to both of them, you're putting words into my mouth. I decided to be straight the first time I saw a pretty girl on TV just like everyone else does. You have a Mom and a Dad, it's just natural instinct to be attracted to the opposite sex.

So your saying it is natural instinct when you saw a pretty girl...So how can it not be natural instinct for a girl to see same thing and be attracted?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-07-2007, 03:52 PM

edited for some crazy advice ~~ p4s ~~ by the way blast that was funny, but just TMI!

I never said that I had anything against homosexuals, I'm just simply saying that they should be proud of the lifestyle they chose.

Gobbla2001
02-07-2007, 03:52 PM
So your saying it is natural instinct when you saw a pretty girl...So how can it not be natural instinct for a girl to see same thing and be attracted?

Because it wasn't Madalyn and Eve... :p

pirate4state
02-07-2007, 03:53 PM
Very true, and if you want a biblical reference look no further than love they neighbor. No asterisks, no unless so and so. Just accept people for who they are and worry about your own passage to the promised land. If god really hates gays, then at least you'll be free of them in heaven, but you won't get there if you're busy hating people here.

Well said. :)

pirate4state
beware of the http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/padlock.gif

BuffyMars

I LOVE IT!!! :inlove: :clap: :clap: :inlove:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-07-2007, 03:54 PM

Look at the tendencies of nature. Male always mates with female, that is the way it goes, plain and simple. Are you saying that you might secretly be attracted to males because females are attracted to them to? If that is your reasoning is, then that is what I'm going to take it for.

Gobbla2001
who said God hates gays here??? I'm confused ha...

God hates no one... god hates their sins... I think what most bible-bangers try to say is that it's a sin...

sometimes I gets typsy, does God hate me???

JasperDog94
Very true, and if you want a biblical reference look no further than love they neighbor. No asterisks, no unless so and so. Just accept people for who they are and worry about your own passage to the promised land. If god really hates gays, then at least you'll be free of them in heaven, but you won't get there if you're busy hating people here. You can love people without accepting their lifestyle.

Blastoderm55
02-07-2007, 03:55 PM

I don't think I had a moment of clarity in terms of whether I liked girls or boys. I, like you, saw my parents, aunts, uncles, and grandparents together, so assumed I too would end up with a woman. Kids today aren't as sheltered as us back then (as if that was so long ago). Natural instincts aren't natural to every speciman, explaining why we see homosexuality in other mammals aside from humans. .

JasperDog94
So your saying it is natural instinct when you saw a pretty girl...So how can it not be natural instinct for a girl to see same thing and be attracted? Because that's not how God intended it.

CenTexSports
I never hated on anybody here. Hate the sin love the sinner! But there is still an issue of right and wrong in my opinion and this will never change (for me). If you think it is OK then that's your right. And I don't believe in making wrong things legal just to appease groups that do what is considered wrong by the vast majority of the good ole USA.

BuffyMars
02-07-2007, 03:56 PM
CRAP! I have to leave! Filing taxes today!

NO BODY TYPES A THING ON 3ADL TIL I GET BACK!

Muhahahahahahaha!!! :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evillol: :tongue:

JasperDog94
02-07-2007, 03:57 PM
I never hated on anybody here. Hate the sin love the sinner! But there is still an issue of right and wrong in my opinion and this will never change (for me). If you think it is OK then that's your right. And I don't believe in making wrong things legal just to appease groups that do what is considered wrong by the vast majority of the good ole USA. Couldn't have said it any better.

Gobbla2001
I think I'm gunna go and buy a snickers...

Txbroadcaster
Look at the tendencies of nature. Male always mates with female, that is the way it goes, plain and simple. Are you saying that you might secretly be attracted to males because females are attracted to them to? If that is your reasoning is, then that is what I'm going to take it for.

No what I am saying is that YOU said for YOU it is natural instinct...Meaning you did not make the choice to be one way or other..Your body/brain told you when you saw a pretty girl that you was attracted.

For Buffy's best friend, that was how it was for her..She did not just wake up one day and say hey I am gay..she had an INSTINCT that attracted her to women. She had NO CHOICE.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-07-2007, 03:59 PM
No what I am saying is that YOU said for YOU it is natural instinct...Meaning you did not make the choice to be one way or other..Your body/brain told you when you saw a pretty girl that you was attracted.

For Buffy's best friend, that was how it was for her..She did not just wake up one day and say hey I am gay..she had an INSTINCT that attracted her to women. She had NO CHOICE.

Blastoderm understood what I was saying. Apparently you just don't get it.

Blastoderm55
02-07-2007, 03:59 PM
who said God hates gays here??? I'm confused ha...

God hates no one... god hates their sins... I think what most bible-bangers try to say is that it's a sin...

sometimes I gets typsy, does God hate me???

Sorry, this website (http://godhatesfags.com) came to mind. I can't even view it at work thanks to the filter, which classifies it as Violence/Hate/Racism. I imagine there's plenty of such in there. I'm not insinuating that any of you guys are this hateful, just illustrating the kind of bile that's out there.

Blastoderm55
02-07-2007, 04:00 PM
And I don't believe in making wrong things legal just to appease groups that do what is considered wrong by the vast majority of the good ole USA.

Majority? Please, share your source for these numbers you speak of.

Gobbla2001
02-07-2007, 04:01 PM
but if you're presenting this arguement to a Christian, who believes it's a sin to be gay (just saying), a Christian could easily respond "Okay, so my instincts told me to steal money from Soandso so I could have money to pay my rent"... it was an instinct, but was it right?

I just don't bother with it until it starts trouble with me... they do their thing, that's fine... but removing my entertainment (snickers commercial etc...) gets on my nerves...

where were they when brokeback mountain was advertising? shoulda removed it because Homophobic Cowboys were offended...

Txbroadcaster
Blastoderm understood what I was saying. Apparently you just don't get it.

nope guess not..enlighten me oh great one of knowledge and power:D

big daddy russ

It's the same thing as a psycho, fat chick who has more hair than Danny DeVito and looks like the fat end of a turd rubbing your chest. It would gross me out.

JasperDog94
She had NO CHOICE. I'm gonna have to throw the brown flag on this one. Everyone has a choice. You may feel tempted or attracted to do something. That doesn't mean that you do it. I may see an attractive woman and think, "I wonder what it would be like to be married to her" but that doesn't make it right.

Everyone has a choice. The entire argument of "I didn't have a choice" is a cop out.

Txbroadcaster
02-07-2007, 04:02 PM
I'm gonna have to throw the brown flag on this one. Everyone has a choice. You may feel tempted or attracted to do something. That doesn't mean that you do it. I may see an attractive woman and think, "I wonder what it would be like to be married to her" but that doesn't make it right.

Everyone has a choice. The entire argument of "I didn't have a choice" is a cop out.

When I say they have no choice I mean by there attraction for a certain sex...yes they have the choice to act on it or not..but the instinct is there.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-07-2007, 04:02 PM

There is always a choice. I'm strolling through Wal-Mart, and I see a PS3, and I want to grab it and take off running, but I know that God told me not to do that. A person's life is what they want to make it, sexuality included. As said before about the twins, one is gay, one is not, but they were made exactly the same, so nobody will ever justify that being homosexual is a natural tendency, otherwise they would both have it.

Gobbla2001
02-07-2007, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
It's the same thing as a psycho, fat chick who has more hair than Danny DeVito and looks like the fat end of a turd rubbing your chest. It would gross me out.

dude, watch out, the organization FAAT and HAAIRY is gunna getcha...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-07-2007, 04:03 PM
There is always a choice. I'm strolling through Wal-Mart, and I see a PS3, and I want to grab it and take off running, but I know that God told me not to do that. A person's life is what they want to make it, sexuality included. As said before about the twins, one is gay, one is not, but they were made exactly the same, so nobody will ever justify that being homosexual is a natural tendency, otherwise they would both have it.

I would like to clarify, that I like women, and always have. Especially breasts. :D

Blastoderm55
02-07-2007, 04:04 PM

where were they when brokeback mountain was advertising? shoulda removed it because Homophobic Cowboys were offended...

I figured they'd be all over that one personally. Guess they didn't mind on account of it being fiction. Go figure (http://www.glaad.org/eye/brokeback_mountain.php)

Txbroadcaster

Prove to me that twins have the exact same instincts.Show me where it say that in science that a set of twins will have the same likes/dislikes

Gobbla2001
I would like to clarify, that I like women, and always have. Especially breasts. :D

BBDE, I love you... and your end...

Txbroadcaster

LOL

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-07-2007, 04:05 PM
Prove to me that twins have the exact same instincts.Show me where it say that in science that a set of twins will have the same likes/dislikes

They don't, they make the choices that will impact their lives individually, that is the entire point. They were both born exactly alike, but each one individually chose what they wanted to make themselves.

Gobbla2001
02-07-2007, 04:05 PM
I figured they'd be all over that one personally. Guess they didn't mind on account of it being fiction. Go figure (http://www.glaad.org/eye/brokeback_mountain.php)

well someone needs to tell 'em that snickers commercial was fiction ha

Blastoderm55
02-07-2007, 04:07 PM
I look at it like broccoli verses cauliflower. I love broccoli. I hate cauliflower. I have the choice to have either, but choose broccoli because it is what tastes good to me. I made a choice based on my taste. Makes sense to me at least.

big daddy russ
02-07-2007, 04:08 PM
I'm gonna have to throw the brown flag on this one. Everyone has a choice. You may feel tempted or attracted to do something. That doesn't mean that you do it. I may see an attractive woman and think, "I wonder what it would be like to be married to her" but that doesn't make it right.

Priests still have sexual urges, but they don't allow themselves to give into them.

By the way, I don't hate homosexuals, I just dislike their choices. I have several gay friends and they know where I stand on the issue, we just choose not to discuss it. I won't risk a friendship over something they refuse to change one way or the other, but if they ever want to talk about it, I have no problem having a normal discussion about it.

JasperDog94
well someone needs to tell 'em that snickers commercial was fiction ha True

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I look at it like broccoli verses cauliflower. I love broccoli. I hate cauliflower. I have the choice to have either, but choose broccoli because it is what tastes good to me. I made a choice based on my taste. Makes sense to me at least.

I like money.

Blastoderm55
well someone needs to tell 'em that snickers commercial was fiction ha

No argument from me. I loved that commercial. Those guys don't hate gays, they just don't want to kiss guys. No big deal. :p

Gobbla2001

but what if there was "broccliflower"??? and you bought that, would that make you bi-vegitable?

pirate4state
beware of the http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/padlock.gif

what did Paris say?? :D :D

Blastoderm55
02-07-2007, 04:09 PM
I like money.

Why you talk like that? You a fag?

Blastoderm55
02-07-2007, 04:10 PM
but what if there was "broccliflower"??? would that make you bi-vegitable?

I guess so.

Lets not get started on hermaphrodites or the transgendered though. :p

Gobbla2001
02-07-2007, 04:11 PM
I guess so.

Lets not get started on hermaphrodites or the transgendered though. :p

yah, we'll leave them alone...

BTW guys I'm starting a new organization called STRAAIGHT... our first issue to tackle will be getting the snickers commercial back on air...

Blastoderm55
02-07-2007, 04:13 PM
Priests still have sexual urges, but they don't allow themselves to give into them.

Sadly, many do, and in most cases choose to satisfy these urges with young boys. Thankfully these cases seem to have dropped off in number over the past couple of years.

Ted Haggart also comes to mind. Meh. 'Nuff said.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-07-2007, 04:15 PM
Why you talk like that? You a fag?

I could really go for some Starbucks right about now.

Blastoderm55
02-07-2007, 04:16 PM
I could really go for some Starbucks right about now.

I already got scolded once for following up that one. :p

pirate4state
02-07-2007, 04:17 PM
I already got scolded once for following up that one. :p

:) :) :)

Gobbla2001
02-07-2007, 04:20 PM
you know, all of this discussion and I forgot I have a lesbian cousin...

I change my mind, GO GAY!

Blastoderm55
02-07-2007, 04:24 PM
I only hate one gay man. His name is Bobby. He stole a 32" RCA TV and X-Box from me.

Yeah, I hate him. :mad:

But not because of his sexuality.

Ranger Mom
02-07-2007, 04:26 PM
My cousin committed suicide 10 years ago this May. He was gay, HIV positive and wanted out of the gay lifestyle but didn't know how to get out.

So...he took the only way out he could find!

Blastoderm55
02-07-2007, 04:29 PM
Very sorry to hear that, RangerMom.

Ranger Mom
02-07-2007, 04:33 PM
Very sorry to hear that, RangerMom.

Ya know, I loved him, we were pretty close (only 2 months apart in age) but I never agreed with his lifestyle and he knew it.

That didn't change the way I felt about him as a person though! I think you can disagree with something but not have it affect your friendship, etc.

Me, being me, always had to drill him about it, trying to understand! I remember saying to him one time....."I just don't get it, the thought of being with another woman grosses me out!!!" (even thought that is supposedly every guy's "fantasy").....

anywho....when I said that the thought of being with another girl grossed me out, he said....."Yeah, I know...it does me too"!!:D :D

That cracked me up for some reason!!

JasperDog94
02-07-2007, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
My cousin committed suicide 10 years ago this May. He was gay, HIV positive and wanted out of the gay lifestyle but didn't know how to get out.

So...he took the only way out he could find! I'm very sorry to hear that RM. Unfortunately we have extremes on both sides.

One side says that you can't say anything bad about gays and if you do you're homophobic.

The other side says that homosexuality is wrong and that your going to hell.

I wish I had known the problems that your cousin was going through. There are programs out there that help people that want to get out of that lifestyle. There are loving caring people that have the best interests of gay people at heart when they want them to stop that lifestyle.

But again, if you say that the gay lifestyle is wrong and you want to help them, then you get classified as homophobic. It's a tricky situation all the way around.

burnet44
02-07-2007, 04:41 PM
I am deeply sorry for your pain Ranger mom
and for his
I wish he had found another way out

thanks too all
for my nomination for post of the day
I guess after my Irvin post on the HOF drug user
this is pretty calm lol

yeah right

I will stand by my words
its simple enough

dont be gay
dont be offened

Ive always remembered this

Its Adam and Eve
Its not Adam and Steve

(my appoligies to any Adams and Steves out there
I was just using the nmaes to make a point)

Hey can I have an avatar for post of the day?

Blastoderm55
02-07-2007, 04:43 PM
I'm not going to assume anything about Ranger Mom's cousin, but the gay lifestyle is often generalized as one that includes promiscuity and drug use. These facets can be removed, while preserving the sexuality. However, when the only fix to the problem is thought to be a heterosexual rebrith, it does seem to come off as being anti-gay. Keep in mind, that straight people also face the afflictions of promiscuity and drug use, and are often counseled without the issue of sexual preference ever being an issue.

bhtrainer
02-07-2007, 04:43 PM
thanks too all
for my nomination for post of the day
I guess after my Irvin post on the HOF drug user
this is pretty calm lol

yeah right

I will stand by my words
its simple enough

dont be gay
dont be offened

Ive always remembered this

Its Adam and Eve
Its not Adam and Steve

(my appoligies to any Adams and Steves out there
I was just using the nmaes to make a point)

Hey can I have an avatar for post of the day?

lol thats what Doc always tells us at school...lol we watch MTV somedays and sometimes they have those Gay versions of shows...and he laughs every time and talks about "Adam & Steve"

pirate4state
02-07-2007, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Ya know, I loved him, we were pretty close (only 2 months apart in age) but I never agreed with his lifestyle and he knew it.

That didn't change the way I felt about him as a person though! I think you can disagree with something but not have it affect your friendship, etc.

Me, being me, always had to drill him about it, trying to understand! I remember saying to him one time....."I just don't get it, the thought of being with another woman grosses me out!!!" (even thought that is supposedly every guy's "fantasy").....

anywho....when I said that the thought of being with another girl grossed me out, he said....."Yeah, I know...it does me too"!!:D :D

That cracked me up for some reason!!

I'm sorry you lost someone who was very close to you. :(

IMHO they will have to answer to their God when the time comes. We are not here to sit in judgment of them or what they do.

Pudlugger
02-07-2007, 07:47 PM

Gender identification or as we used to say before PC, sexual identity, is probably both nature and nurture. The balance of the two is probably in favor of nurture by 80-20. Fraud was a true genius and his theory of how a child establishes his or her sexual identity still is considered paramount in the field of human sexuality. I would strongly recommend you read up on this as it is very enlightening. In a nutshell, if say a young boy resolves his competetive attraction to his mother by identifying with his father he will turn out heterosexual. If he fails this and identifies with the mother he will be homosexual. This happens around age 5 or 6. For girls it is a bit more complicated, but very much the same dynamic. If she fails to resolve her competitive feeling towards her mother she will identify with the father and be homosexual. The nature element has to do with certain instinctual behaviors (think of how animals of the same sex like calfs or puppies will try to mount each other), biochemical variances among individuals in regard to hormones, pheromones etc. as well as certain important physical characteristics and appearance [beauty or "attractiveness" being also largely culturally defined, this has more to do with survival of the fittest genetic predispositions that make one potential mate more attractive than the other. For example a tall well built male would enhance the chance of a family unit's survival in a harsh competetive environment, even to this day LOL. Likewise a woman with large....well you get the point I hope.:D ].

Bottom line is that we all share the core similarity of our humaness, despite differences in what we are born with and what we experience along the way. Mutual respect and tolerance is the very least we owe one another in this regard without sacrificing our religous and moral beliefs or personal preferences.

big daddy russ
02-07-2007, 08:43 PM
I'm not going to assume anything about Ranger Mom's cousin, but the gay lifestyle is often generalized as one that includes promiscuity and drug use. These facets can be removed, while preserving the sexuality. However, when the only fix to the problem is thought to be a heterosexual rebrith, it does seem to come off as being anti-gay. Keep in mind, that straight people also face the afflictions of promiscuity and drug use, and are often counseled without the issue of sexual preference ever being an issue.
Actually, it's a proven fact that homosexual men lead a much more promiscuis life than heterosexual men on average. The way it was explained to me by one of my gay buddies: Imagine yourself at your sexual peak (17-24 for most males). Now imagine that every girl you were trying to hook up with shared those same sexual urges. Now throw everyone into a room with booty music and fewer rules than a Charlie Sheen night out.

If I had hooked up with as many people as this guy did (and he said he was an average gay dude, not a stud), my penis would've turned gangrene and fallen off by the time I shed my diapers.

Scientists should do a study on that. Maybe they could clone a kid out of a gay guy's penis cells and make him a superhero. I have no idea how his hasn't fallen off.

LH Panther Mom
02-07-2007, 09:45 PM
I find that hard to believe because I know a couple guys who are identical twins, one is gay, one is not. And on the flip-side of that, I knew one of a set of identical twins. Both of them were gay. He presented a very good argument for "born not choice" one night during an indepth conversation.

I personally do not agree with the lifestyle, whether it's a choice or not. Everything about the way I was raised says to me it's wrong. I have had a number of gay & lesbian acquaintances, co-workers and friends over the years. If we discussed it, they knew how I felt, but also knew that I didn't judge them for it....that's not for me to do.

Blastoderm55
02-08-2007, 11:25 AM
Actually, it's a proven fact that homosexual men lead a much more promiscuis life than heterosexual men on average. The way it was explained to me by one of my gay buddies: Imagine yourself at your sexual peak (17-24 for most males). Now imagine that every girl you were trying to hook up with shared those same sexual urges. Now throw everyone into a room with booty music and fewer rules than a Charlie Sheen night out.

If I had hooked up with as many people as this guy did (and he said he was an average gay dude, not a stud), my penis would've turned gangrene and fallen off by the time I shed my diapers.

Scientists should do a study on that. Maybe they could clone a kid out of a gay guy's penis cells and make him a superhero. I have no idea how his hasn't fallen off.

I'm not sure how you base a fact off what you're assuming to be an average, but I understand your point. My point, however, is that there are plenty of promiscuous straight men and women out there, and the consequences of their behavior are much the same as the behavior of homosexuals who also practice promiscuity.

The notion that every gay guy wants to sleep with each other one is flawed. As heterosexuals, those of us who are committed to our partner would not want to sleep with anyone else, and even those without partner aren't going to go sleeping with everyone who shares their sexual preference. Gays are human, and have attactions, both physical and mental. If big brawny gay guy doesn't have a thing for the string bean nerd gay guy, odds are they won't be sleeping together simply out of sexual preference, in the same fashion that a straight girl wouldn't sleep with a string bean nerd straight guy simply because he fit her gender preference.

JasperDog94
02-08-2007, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Gender identification or as we used to say before PC, sexual identity, is probably both nature and nurture. The balance of the two is probably in favor of nurture by 80-20. I find it hard to believe that 20 % of the population is gay. I'd say that it's much closer to 3%.

BuffyMars
02-08-2007, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
And on the flip-side of that, I knew one of a set of identical twins. Both of them were gay. He presented a very good argument for "born not choice" one night during an indepth conversation.

I personally do not agree with the lifestyle, whether it's a choice or not. Everything about the way I was raised says to me it's wrong. I have had a number of gay & lesbian acquaintances, co-workers and friends over the years. If we discussed it, they knew how I felt, but also knew that I didn't judge them for it....that's not for me to do.

Yeah, I think people forget.

The grand ole' christian forgets....there is but 1 judge.

Period. End of discussion. :tongue:

JasperDog94
02-08-2007, 12:43 PM
Yeah, I think people forget.

The grand ole' christian forgets....there is but 1 judge.

Period. End of discussion. :tongue: So answer me this:

Is it okay for me to say that I think the gay lifestyle is wrong because that's what it says it the Bible? Or does that make me judgmental?

pirate4state
02-08-2007, 12:47 PM
So answer me this:

Is it okay for me to say that I think the gay lifestyle is wrong because that's what it says it the Bible? Or does that make me judgmental?

You didn't ask me, but here is what I think.

It is fine that you believe that and no I don't think you are being judgmental.

I have a hard time with people who sit back and just bash the hell out of ANYONE who is different from the accepted "norm".

I don't think, nor do I hope you are a basher. :)

How's that?

JasperDog94
02-08-2007, 12:49 PM
You didn't ask me, but here is what I think.

It is fine that you believe that and no I don't think you are being judgmental.

I have a hard time with people who sit back and just bash the hell out of ANYONE who is different from the accepted "norm".

I don't think, nor do I hope you are a basher. :)

How's that? It's just frustrating at times to have a belief and when you express that belief, all of a sudden you're a hater and being judgmental.

The Bible says that murder is wrong. Everyone (except for the insane) would agree with that. Well the Bible also say homosexuality is wrong. I don't hate the person doing it. I just want them to change the behavior.

BuffyMars
02-08-2007, 12:50 PM
So answer me this:

There is a diffference between your personal beliefs and being judgmental.

To be judgemental is to see a person for ONLY their percieved sin and nothing else.

pirate4state
02-08-2007, 12:52 PM
It's just frustrating at times to have a belief and when you express that belief, all of a sudden you're a hater and being judgmental.

The Bible says that murder is wrong. Everyone (except for the insane) would agree with that. Well the Bible also say homosexuality is wrong. I don't hate the person doing it. I just want them to change the behavior.

I hear you.

I'm sorry, but you have to be a little insane to murder someone so that "insanity" defense doesn't fly with me, but that's another topic. :D

JasperDog94
02-08-2007, 12:54 PM
There is a diffference between your personal beliefs and being judgmental.

To be judgemental is to see a person for ONLY their percieved sin and nothing else. True. But the flip side of this is that typically the homosexual makes their lifestyle "who" they are, not what they do. It's flaunted like a badge of honor and don't you dare try to say that it's wrong.

If that's the choice they've made, then there's nothing I can do about it. I can pray that they are convicted of that sin and that they turn away from that choice. But don't flaunt it in front of me and expect me to accept it because I never will.

BuffyMars
02-08-2007, 12:54 PM
It's just frustrating at times to have a belief and when you express that belief, all of a sudden you're a hater and being judgmental.

I guess that is my biggest problem....WHY do people care so much?

I mean does it really bother people that much?

Honestly, if it consumes people that much, it is being judgmental and it is being homophobic. IMO.

JasperDog94
02-08-2007, 12:59 PM
I guess that is my biggest problem....WHY do people care so much?

I mean does it really bother people that much?

Honestly, if it consumes people that much, it is being judgmental and it is being homophobic. IMO. People care because of what it's doing to our society. This and divorce are destroying our families.

Another thing is that organizations like GLAAD won't stop at being justified. They want their lifestyle taught in our schools. They want our children subjected to this "choice" and I believe it has no place in our schools.

theyoefnshow
02-08-2007, 01:02 PM
wow my topic got off track.
for those who downplay it, lemme ask...what would u do if your own daughter or son told you they were gay? you can't say you wouldn't be the least bit upset. as a father, I would feel like I failed my son.

Txbroadcaster
02-08-2007, 01:03 PM
People care because of what it's doing to our society. This and divorce are destroying our families.

Another thing is that organizations like GLAAD won't stop at being justified. They want their lifestyle taught in our schools. They want our children subjected to this "choice" and I believe it has no place in our schools.

Sorry but there is a LONG list of things destroying our society, and IMO I just dont see the sexual preference of people being at the top

BuffyMars
02-08-2007, 01:03 PM
People care because of what it's doing to our society. This and divorce are destroying our families.

Your right...its those 2 things that are destroying our society.

Well if I ended up raising a gay child...I would be proud.

If I wasn't proud I would be shaming all of my gay friends.

We just have differences in opinions.

There are some of us who believe that its nature and not nurture, that God still loves all of his children, NO MATTER WHAT their sexual preference is.

But don't blame homosexuality on ruining our society.

People are runing our society, not their sexual orientation.

mustang04
02-08-2007, 01:04 PM
i've said it once on here and i'll say it again...why is it that gay people are the ones to get the most booty-hurt about stuff???

Txbroadcaster
02-08-2007, 01:05 PM
for those who downplay it, lemme ask...what would u do if your own daughter or son told you they were gay? you can't say you wouldn't be the least bit upset. as a father, I would feel like I failed my son.

I can say I would not be upset..why would I be upset? I would try to be there for them as a Parent in anyway they needed.

Blastoderm55
02-08-2007, 01:07 PM

Reduced wages and longer hours are destroying our families. Homosexuals have nothing to do with it. If anything, they're helping control the population, which is great. Fewer bastard kids and their parents on welfare.

I can agree on that. Its not the state's business to teach sexual preference, regardless of the way you look at it. However, it is part of the educational experience to learn tolerance of those who are like you and those not like you.

Blastoderm55
02-08-2007, 01:10 PM

I'd feel like a failure if I didn't do everything to support the child, regardless of what his or her sexual orientation is. Unconditional love is just that.

JasperDog94
02-08-2007, 01:13 PM
There are some of us who believe that its nature and not nurture, that God still loves all of his children, NO MATTER WHAT their sexual preference is. Check my posts. I never said that God doesn't love his children if they chose to be gay. It seems as though you've used a trick out of the playbook of GLAAD. Take somebody's remark out of context. If that was not your intention, then I apologize.

Of course God loves his children. But he hates the sin. Just like he hates murder. If your child murdered someone, you would be greatly hurt, but you wouldn't hate them. The same principle applies here. You hate the action and would do anything to try and change it.

JasperDog94
02-08-2007, 01:14 PM
I'd feel like a failure if I didn't do everything to support the child, regardless of what his or her sexual orientation is. Unconditional love is just that. Unconditional love yes. But don't confuse unconditional love with acceptance of every choice they make. There's a huge difference.

Txbroadcaster
02-08-2007, 01:15 PM
Check my posts. I never said that God doesn't love his children if they chose to be gay. It seems as though you've used a trick out of the playbook of GLAAD. Take somebody's remark out of context. If that was not your intention, then I apologize.

Of course God loves his children. But he hates the sin. Just like he hates murder. If your child murdered someone, you would be greatly hurt, but you wouldn't hate them. The same principle applies here. You hate the action and would do anything to try and change it.

If my daughter tells me she is gay I will do NOTHING to try to "change" her. I will support her and help her deal with any feelings she will be facing

theyoefnshow
02-08-2007, 01:15 PM
nobody said anything about not supporting them. i'm talking your own personal reaction knowing the hardships your kid will endure because of that lifestyle.

Txbroadcaster
02-08-2007, 01:17 PM
nobody said anything about not supporting them. i'm talking your own personal reaction knowing the hardships your kid will endure because of that lifestyle.

Personally I would not be dissapointed, ashamed, hurt or anything like that. I would be proud my child has told me and that they are confident enough in themselves to live whatever lifestyle

Blastoderm55
02-08-2007, 01:19 PM

That reaction would only occur if as a parent, you expect your child to adhere to a certain sexual orientation. Such an assumption isn't safe to make. Simply put, each human being has a 50/50 chance of being heterosexual or homosexual. Its foolish to just assume that your child will share your orientation, when the odds can go either way.

As for hardships, that's where the support of family and friends come in. People don't have to support the lifestyle, but they must accept it. Its reality.

BuffyMars
02-08-2007, 01:24 PM
Yeah I think people assume that there are all of these hardships that they will endure...

Some deal fine, not a care in the world, others take it to heart.

But I think that has to do with the kind of support that they have. If they are raised that they will be loved no matter what, they won't be ashamed, and beat down by any comments, etc. that are thrown their way.

It saddens me that they have to be reminded of their orientation. I mean its natual for them.

We don't remind each other every day that we are straight...again it brings me back to the who cares.

But I understand, we have to agree to disagree.

Because I really don't wish to delve into the religious aspect of the whole topic.

:speech: :doh:

theyoefnshow
02-08-2007, 01:27 PM
sure thing boss.
in my opinion, if ya wanna be gay, that's whatever. but when you take it to a ridiculous level, that's when I get annoyed. for instance, I work with this HUGE flaming lesbian. I'm talkin massive amounts of tatoos, piercings, butched out hair, sports bra 24 7, the whole 9. this chick will get PISSED OFF if u a) call her by her legal feminine name or b) if u respond with a "yes ma'am" to her. now we work in a call center with over a 1000 people and this chick has taken MANY people to HR just for THINKING they were lookin at her funny and then blaming it on her being gay. she draws massive attention and yet is upset and totallt insecure. people like that are what push me the wrong way.

Txbroadcaster
02-08-2007, 01:29 PM
sure thing boss.
in my opinion, if ya wanna be gay, that's whatever. but when you take it to a ridiculous level, that's when I get annoyed. for instance, I work with this HUGE flaming lesbian. I'm talkin massive amounts of tatoos, piercings, butched out hair, sports bra 24 7, the whole 9. this chick will get PISSED OFF if u a) call her by her legal feminine name or b) if u respond with a "yes ma'am" to her. now we work in a call center with over a 1000 people and this chick has taken MANY people to HR just for THINKING they were lookin at her funny and then blaming it on her being gay. she draws massive attention and yet is upset and totallt insecure. people like that are what push me the wrong way.

Oh I can understand why u feel that way about her..BUT..how do you knwo she would not be exact same person straight? Your saying her personality is because she is gay..To me she is just a trouble maker

Blastoderm55
02-08-2007, 01:44 PM
I too, will not get into the religious aspect of the issue. Instead, here are some links to several sources on the issue. They are at the least educational.

How religious conservatives and liberals interpret the Bible (http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_bibl.htm)

Skeptics Annotated Bible (http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/gay/long.htm)

Gays and Religion (http://www.bibble.org/gay/religious.html)

Lee Salisbury article (http://www.dissidentvoice.org/Oct04/Salisbury1015.htm)

What the Bible Says - And Doesn't Say - About Homosexuality (http://www.soulforce.org/article/homosexuality-bible-gay-christian)

What The Bible Says (http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/assault/bible/)

Gay Bible (http://www.gay-bible.org/)

That last one is a really interesting read and site in general. :p