PDA

View Full Version : What happened to UT's recruiting class?

big daddy russ
02-07-2007, 10:26 AM
Just a month ago, they were still the number one recruiting class by both Rivals and Scout.com and had something like ten five-star prospects. I just looked and they've dropped to third and lost half of their five-stars.

Aside from the Brantley ordeal, there must've been some big losses for the Horns.

Phil C
02-07-2007, 10:45 AM
I think Brantley is the only one that changed except for Gooch (spelling) of Vidor that switched to Texas Tech. Also Nadar was injured and is no longer going to be able to play football.

Phil C
02-07-2007, 10:55 AM
Does any one know the UT fax number the football signees are supposed to fax to for their Letter of Intent. I am trying to get mine in this morning.

TexanAlum_06
02-07-2007, 11:03 AM
Texas Also lost the TE from arkansas but picked up another thats rated higher so it doesnt really matter. Im not surprised, Every year Texas has the highest rated class until about 3 weeks before signing day and then they start to slide. One of the Drawbacks to early recruiting and trying to lock up your class early, kids decomitt, or get injured such as nader, or flop their Senior season and demoted from 5 star to 4 star and so on so forth like John Chiles did. he was a 5 star 3 weeks ago, now hes a 4.

CenTexSports
02-07-2007, 11:04 AM
Who is 1 and 2?

Phil C
02-07-2007, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
Who is 1 and 2?

I think it may be Florida at No. 1 and USC at No. 2. USC always ends strong.

Still whether they rank us No. 3, 1, or 50 I am very happy and satisfied with UT's 2007 recruiting class.

Keith7
02-07-2007, 11:16 AM
here is how rivals ranks the top 25.. remember this will prolly change later

1 Florida
2 Tennessee
3 Texas
4 Southern Cal
5 LSU
6 Notre Dame
7 South Carolina
8 Auburn
9 Georgia
10 Nebraska
11 Oregon
12 Michigan
13 Miami-FL
14 Alabama
15 Ohio State
16 Illinois
17 Clemson
18 Ole Miss
19 Georgia Tech
20 Virginia
21 California
22 Oklahoma
23 Penn State
24 Oklahoma State
25 West Virginia

TexanAlum_06
02-07-2007, 11:36 AM
My prediction is USC will jump to #1 or #2 if they get mcknight. LSU stil might pull in mcknight. Tennessee is done, Texas is done. Florida still has a few prospects out there. so the way I see it. I think mcknight will end up at USC. so that Leaves..

1. Florida
2. USC or LSU (depending on mcknight)
3. LSU or USC (depending on mcknight)
4. Tennessee
5. Texas

I agree with Phil C. Im very happy with this years recruting class. we have the best secondary class in the country and the O-line class is in the top 3 if not the best. Great things to look forward to for the future.

Phil C
02-07-2007, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
My prediction is USC will jump to #1 or #2 if they get mcknight. LSU stil might pull in mcknight. Tennessee is done, Texas is done. Florida still has a few prospects out there. so the way I see it. I think mcknight will end up at USC. so that Leaves..

1. Florida
2. USC or LSU (depending on mcknight)
3. LSU or USC (depending on mcknight)
4. Tennessee
5. Texas

I agree with Phil C. Im very happy with this years recruting class. we have the best secondary class in the country and the O-line class is in the top 3 if not the best. Great things to look forward to for the future.

I agree Texan! Everything is great. Besides great OL and Secondary players we got good players at nearly all positions. We lost a few recruits but we gained some good ones to make up for the ones we lost. I especially admire Coach Brown for honoring Matt Nadar's scholarship. A lot of schools would not have done so. This shows an advantage to committing to UT early.

Phil C
02-07-2007, 12:04 PM
Also Texan I was delighted with the DEs. They are good at pass rushing and I think we got some good ones even though maybe not big quantity but good quality .

JasperDog94
02-07-2007, 12:36 PM
I don't think Texas ever had 10 5-star recruits. Maybe 5 or so, but not 10.

TexanAlum_06
02-07-2007, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I agree Texan! Everything is great. Besides great OL and Secondary players we got good players at nearly all positions. We lost a few recruits but we gained some good ones to make up for the ones we lost. I especially admire Coach Brown for honoring Matt Nadar's scholarship. A lot of schools would not have done so. This shows an advantage to committing to UT early.

Yes I thought it was very classy to honor the scholarship. Im glad to see the recruitment of more pure pass rushers. If there is one thing that has been common with our defense for the last 3 or 4 years it has been the lack of a "CONSISTENT" pass rush from our front 4. going back to guys like Cory Redding, Marcus Tubbs, and the Hampton/Rogers duo. Tim Crowder and Robison were both solid players. but often they were non existent in the backfield, IMO I think they are better suited to the run. and Lokey is our only DT that can get a good rush going, but with Guys like Orakpo who is a pure pass rusher, eddie jones, and throw in Greg Ellis who is big enough to move inside then your going to be getting to the QB a lot. Im excited to see what Sam Acho and Russell Carter bring to the table. we should be good to go at DE for a long time.

JasperDog94
02-07-2007, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
...and throw in Greg Ellis ... Sweet! I didn't know he still had a year of eligibility left. :D

TexanAlum_06
02-07-2007, 12:54 PM
Joe Mcknight is a TROJAN. 5 STAR DT Marvin Austin and 5 STAR WR Dwight Jones signed with North Carolina.... IDK how they did it but UNC pulled in one hell of a class this year for a bottom of the bucket ACC team.