PDA

View Full Version : The French Did it Again

PhiI C
06-21-2003, 10:20 PM
I know how a lot of you feel about soccer but the USA got eliminated by Brazil today which is ok since Brazil has a good team but the French booed when they U.S. National Anthem was played today. In fact they booed yesterday when it was played before the first game. To think just about 60 years ago they would have been cheering when we gave up a lot of American lives to liberate them from Germany. I was almost inclined to say let's lighten up on the French but that sure makes one have second thoughts. I hope people keep boycotting going to France. Very disrespectful and rude plus a lack of gratitude.

sinton66
06-21-2003, 10:28 PM
Americans gave their lives to liberate France from Germany not once, but twice. There are something like 55,000 Americans buried in cemetaries over there in places like Normandy. Back in the sixties, France demanded that the US pay for the maintenance of their gravesites. We are still paying for it today. Yes, France is a nation of ingrates, and I hope all Americans wash their hands of them forevermore.

slpybear the bullfan
06-21-2003, 11:49 PM
Sinton66 ol buddy,

There are 50,000 plus from the second ww alone. We also still have our men from the Great War "Over There". The total number exceeds 70,000.

I completely support any efforts to return our Nation's soldiers bodies back to our native land for reinterrment. I would support this on an as requested or 100% across the board basis.

BTW, I believe currently that prior to going in theater, the DOD determines the desire of each soldier in respect to where their remains will be placed.

And as far as a bunch of French booing our atheletes in competition... they can stick it... That is all I can say without fear of the ROM...

Geez...

Phil C
06-25-2003, 02:51 PM
And another thing: what about their rudeness to Serena Williams at the French Open. It wasn't just a cheer for her opponent type thing but they were rude to Serena. And they booed her when she questioned two calls by the officials (and films showed she was right). This is in no way intended to knock Americans who have roots from France because I know a lot of them are good U.S. citizens and have risked and sacrificed their lives in serving our country. But remember Eisenhauer had German roots and during WW2 when he saw what went on in the concentration camps he said he was ashamed of his German roots. With friends like the French who needs enemies?

Bandera YaYa
06-25-2003, 04:29 PM
Yeah, the French pretty well suck. Sure hope they aren't targeted for anything....see who comes (or doesn't) to their rescue! What comes around, goes around!! What a bunch of ingrates!!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

sinton66
06-25-2003, 05:38 PM
If what I'm hearing is true, I think the French will be getting what they deserve some day. I've been told by several people that France is about 60% Muslim now, and they seem to be leaning the extremist direction. However it turns out, I plan on reminding America what kind of "friend" France is the next time they get their butt in a crack!

Phil C
06-27-2003, 10:10 AM
I admit I am not the biggest tennis fan in the world but I hope next year Venus and Serena Williams will boycott the French Open. It is true they will still have it but it still would be marred by not having two of the best players in the world in it.

Bandera YaYa
06-27-2003, 12:48 PM
I totally agree. The French people should be ashamed of the way they are acting, even now, after the major conflict is over. It's almost like they are gloating! The French stink!! :mad:

Old Cardinal
06-29-2003, 06:46 PM
During the height of the controversy, I received an e-mail from the French Mustard Company, asking that we don't boycott their products. The Company is just named after Mr. French, and is in no way connected to France. The memo stated that " The only connection we have with France is that both are 'yellow'!"

Chris Hart
06-29-2003, 08:16 PM
LOL, that's good Old Card!

sinton66
06-29-2003, 08:26 PM
Yep, that's a good one! wink

BIGRED001
06-30-2003, 05:01 PM
You know whats really bad is the first time they get a terrorist attack thrown there way......they will be begging us to come in their and rescue them. The only reason they didn't want us going into Iraq was to protect a bunch of contracts they had with them. It's really a shame that all these Americans (great American's) lost there life for a bunch of ingrates, who have NEVER EVER finished anything they started. They rank right up there with me, like wet toliet paper or that oh so feeling of stepping in dog poop. :D