PDA

View Full Version : For those of you who watched the UT/A&M game last night

hawkfan
02-06-2007, 01:08 PM
Did Dick Vitale mention when he and Kevin Durant were going to get married. Even when they were getting beat that is all he talked about. If it hand not of been for A&M kicking butt, I would have gone crazy.

coach
02-06-2007, 01:10 PM
dont worry hawk fan its dick vitale he always does that not just against the aggies...its ok the ags got the last laugh

JasperDog94
02-06-2007, 01:26 PM
lol...I guess some people hear what they want to hear. Yes, he talked a lot about Durant. He's arguably the best player in the country.

BUT, he also talked a lot about A&M's program, coaches, athletes and students. He talked about the great job the coaching staff had done to turn this program around. He talked about the incoming recruits for A&M and how great they should be.

But then again some people just hear what they want to...

JJ7997
02-06-2007, 01:29 PM
Who cares what anybody says ? The Aggies kicked butt and thats all that matters !

Macarthur
02-06-2007, 02:11 PM
Jasperdog is right.

I also heard him talk about how hard of an out A&M is going to be come tourney time.

themsu97
02-06-2007, 02:33 PM
Dick V= idiot blow hard...
do not watch anygame that he is announcing...

briefcase
02-06-2007, 02:36 PM
Atm did a great job last night. They have a great program and a class act coach. He has done a tremendous job.

Texas on the other hand has a problem with recruiting some of the best players in the nation whom are drafted after their freshman year at Texas. It happened last year and will probably happen again this year.

Rick Barnes has done a great job also. He starts 3 freshman and 2 sophmores. Very young yet very talented. If he ever gets the freshman to stay longer than one or two years watch out!

eagles_victory
02-06-2007, 02:37 PM
he talked about Acie Law a lot also

buff4ever
02-06-2007, 02:38 PM
I was at the game, my wife later told me she about put the TV on mute. ???

He always has been a little over board about whatever is on his mind. I probably started the night thinking that DURANT was going to upset A&M at home, AND HE DIDN'T.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-06-2007, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by hawkfan
Did Dick Vitale mention when he and Kevin Durant were going to get married. Even when they were getting beat that is all he talked about. If it hand not of been for A&M kicking butt, I would have gone crazy.

Im with you the way it sounded Durant and Vitel are in love?
But you know there are a lot of people in love in austin!!!!

KTJ
02-06-2007, 06:07 PM
I guess you didn't pay attention.

Vitale gave A&M props the entire night. He mentioned Durant a lot but he also gave PLENTY of accolades to A&M and Gillespie.

Bulldog_12
02-06-2007, 08:59 PM
You also know my name if you watched the broadcast.;)

bulldogman06
02-06-2007, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
he talked about Acie Law a lot also

Haha, yea, I remember, when the other announcer started sayin how Acie was one of the top PGs in the nation, all vitale did was say yea, but the kid from oregon is too, blah blah blah, but A&M would be scorin, and he would still be talkin about Durant. "How many guys in the nation can do that?" if i remember correctly he said it like 12 times

KL3
02-06-2007, 09:58 PM
Anyone from Bellville see the 2 Bellvillian's sitting directly behind Vitale in the front row the entire game? Lot of face time on ESPN.

JasperDog94
02-07-2007, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by briefcase
Atm did a great job last night. They have a great program and a class act coach. He has done a tremendous job.

Texas on the other hand has a problem with recruiting some of the best players in the nation whom are drafted after their freshman year at Texas. It happened last year and will probably happen again this year.

Rick Barnes has done a great job also. He starts 3 freshman and 2 sophmores. Very young yet very talented. If he ever gets the freshman to stay longer than one or two years watch out! That is a definite problem. Texas has had tremendous turnover. Just be thankful that the NFL rule of being out of HS for 3 years is still in effect.

Oh, and Texas is starting 4 Freshman and only 1 Sophomore.

JHS_c/o_06'
02-07-2007, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
You also know my name if you watched the broadcast.;)

I saw you on ESPN when you were standing in line with a bunch of other aggies.....and every time they whooped....you missed it.....and it was as if you went "oops....i forgot" and came in on the tail end of it. I thought it was hilarious. I also saw Lori on tv as well, when the players were coming to the arena i think...it was night time....so i dont know exactly what was going on.