PDA

View Full Version : I was going to post this on the whiney teachers post but didnt want to look for it!

kaorder1999
02-06-2007, 11:07 AM
buddy of mine sent this to me!!

-----------------------------------------

Teacher Applicant

After being interviewed
By the school administration,
The eager teaching prospect
Said:
_
"Let me see
If I've got this right.
_You want me to go into that room with all those kids,
And
_
Fill their every waking moment with a love for learning,
And
_
I'm supposed to instill a sense of pride in their ethnicity, modify their disruptive behavior, observe them for signs of abuse and
Even censor their T-shirt messages and dress habits.
You want me to wage a war on drugs and sexually transmitted diseases,
Check their backpacks for weapons of mass destruction, and
Raise their self esteem.
You want me to teach them patriotism, good citizenship, sportsmanship, fair play, how to register to vote,
How to balance a checkbook,
And
_
How to apply for a job.
I am to check their heads for lice, maintain
A safe environment,
Recognize
_
Signs of anti-social behavior, make sure all students pass the state exams,
Even those who don't come to school regularly or
Complete any of their assignments.
Plus,
_
I am to make sure that all of the students with handicaps
Get an equal education
Regardless
_
Of the extent of their mental
Or physical handicap.
I am to communicate regularly with the parents
By letter, telephone,
Newsletter and report card.
All of this I am to do
With just
A piece of chalk,
A computer,
A few books,
A bulletin board,
A big smile
AND
_
On a starting salary
That qualifies my family
For food stamps!
You want me
To do all of this
And
_
Then you tell me...
I CAN'T PRAY?"

bhtrainer
02-06-2007, 11:19 AM
thats a good one...lol

maestro
02-06-2007, 11:21 PM
well said....

and yet many do just that.....

praise a teacher!!

smustangs
02-06-2007, 11:22 PM
After starting my student teaching this semester i realize just how true that is

burnet44
02-06-2007, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by smustangs
After starting my student teaching this semester i realize just how true that is

get out while you still can

smustangs
02-06-2007, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
get out while you still can

im good i thoroughly enjoy what im doing and want to continue

pancho villa
02-07-2007, 08:23 AM
Don't give me praise, give me a raise!

tree8400
02-07-2007, 09:06 AM
where are you doing your student teaching at??

smustangs
02-07-2007, 09:23 AM
huckabay, its the observation hours but i am doing a lot of helping instead of just watching

tree8400
02-07-2007, 09:28 AM
yea i did mine at the one that has 3rd and 4th grade and i was hard to sit still and actually watch a PE class.

CenTexSports
02-07-2007, 09:45 AM
Just like a teacher to blow things out of proportion. There is absolutely NO rule against teachers praying so that is a stupid comment. Teachers can pray as much as anybody in the US. It is just not allowed outloud in the classroom where they mihgt offend anothers sensetivity (btw, I am not opposed to prayer in the classroom).

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-07-2007, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
Just like a teacher to blow things out of proportion. There is absolutely NO rule against teachers praying so that is a stupid comment. Teachers can pray as much as anybody in the US. It is just not allowed outloud in the classroom where they mihgt offend anothers sensetivity (btw, I am not opposed to prayer in the classroom).

How are stating simple facts blowing something out of proportion? Hell, if teachers had to go through what people like me put them through, they have definately earned the right to pray out loud in my book.

Ranger Mom
02-07-2007, 09:51 AM
Why can't people take these posts as "tongue in cheek" as they are intended?

THEY are the ones who blow things out of proportion, IMO!!

kaorder1999
02-07-2007, 09:54 AM

see Ranger Mom's post above!

CenTexSports
02-07-2007, 09:59 AM
My problem is; I am sick of teachers whining about their pay. Either shut up or find a different job like the rest of the world. Everybody has a pet peeve, RM you PM'ed me about one of yours when I hit your button one time. Can't I have one that bothers me?

kaorder1999
02-07-2007, 10:10 AM
good job editing. I was about to say the teachers you had must not have been worth a raise.....

Shut up huh?

Ranger Mom
02-07-2007, 10:11 AM
My problem is; I am sick of teachers whining about their pay. Either shut up or find a different job like the rest of the world. Everybody has a pet peeve, RM you PM'ed me about one of yours when I hit your button one time. Can't I have one that bothers me?

Sure.....but both these "teacher" posts have started off as jokes initially.

I don't think you can compare teacher pay to domestic violence - apples and oranges my friend!

kaorder1999
02-07-2007, 10:16 AM
and Ranger Mom PM'd you like you said.....i dont think she told you to "shut up" on the board...I may be wrong though!

Ranger Mom
02-07-2007, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
and Ranger Mom PM'd you like you said.....i dont think she told you to "shut up" on the board...I may be wrong though!

I don't think I have ever told anyone to "SHUT UP" on the board.....unless it was Emerson1, and that's just a long running joke and he knows it, so it doesn't get blown out of proportion either!!:D

CenTexSports
02-07-2007, 10:23 AM
OK, apples and oranges and no doubt you were profoundly affected by your situation and I am only annoyed. Sorry If I am out of line, I did not want to be.

And about shut up, it was intended as a group suggestion, not at a person on this board. Sorry if it was taken that way.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-07-2007, 12:17 PM
OK, apples and oranges and no doubt you were profoundly affected by your situation and I am only annoyed. Sorry If I am out of line, I did not want to be.

And about shut up, it was intended as a group suggestion, not at a person on this board. Sorry if it was taken that way.

Carter08 can shut up.

lepfan
02-07-2007, 12:38 PM
Either shut up or find a different job like the rest of the world. If that were to happen then we would be up a creek...No teachers to teach = stupid kids; stupid kids = stupid adults; stupid adults = poor country

Blastoderm55
02-07-2007, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
If that were to happen then we would be up a creek...No teachers to teach = stupid kids; stupid kids = stupid adults; stupid adults = poor country

IDIOCRACY

We're getting there. Slowly but surely...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-07-2007, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
IDIOCRACY

We're getting there. Slowly but surely...

Welcome to Costco. I love you.

Black_Magic
02-07-2007, 01:40 PM
LewP emailed me and told me Ranger MOM needs to SHUT THE **** UP!:eek: SO what do you say about that? I .... WOULD NOT TAKE THAT!

Butkus
02-07-2007, 01:45 PM
My problem is; I am sick of teachers whining about their pay. Either shut up or find a different job like the rest of the world. Everybody has a pet peeve, RM you PM'ed me about one of yours when I hit your button one time. Can't I have one that bothers me? Ya no ole Forest Gumps mama says stupid is as stupid does. Ya looked in tha mirror lately.:thinking:

Ranger Mom
02-07-2007, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
LewP emailed me and told me Ranger MOM needs to SHUT THE **** UP!:eek: SO what do you say about that? I .... WOULD NOT TAKE THAT!

I don't respond to anyone who has to go through a 3rd party to tell me to shut up!

:rolleyes:

Black_Magic
02-07-2007, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I don't respond to anyone who has to go through a 3rd party to tell me to shut up!

:rolleyes: I dont blame you one lewttle bit!! You Go girl! Slow Motion for me!