PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Texas Tech. (Mainly for Ad but others welcome to read)

Phil C
02-06-2007, 10:51 AM
Hey Ad regarding Texas Tech football I have good news for you and other TT fans. Right now TT is a fun team to watch and is a minor power. They have good seasons but they have yet to reach the height of other schools such as Michigan, USC, Notre Dame and others. But the rise of TT as a major football power in a few years in inevitable if the recruiting is done right. There are many great high school players that live in West Texas and once TT starts to really get the best of them they will be the power of LSU and Maimi and others. The main thing also they must sell is that Lubbock is a great and fun city. If Coach Leach keeps recruiting the right players from that area which I think he will Texas Tech will not only be a fun team to watch. It will be a football giant spoken in awe as such teams as Florida and Ohio State.
It is coming soon. Be patient TT fans.

injuredinmelee
02-06-2007, 11:40 AM
Phil did you jsut wake up and realize that Texas Tech has won a few games the last few years? Let me let you in on a little secret. Leach has been following your plan for a long time now and still mediocrity. You cannot convince a kid from Dallas that Lubbock is fun. You cannot convince a kid from Houston that lubbock is fun. Lubbock is a great city but to get a kid to move all the way out to far west desolate Texas isnt easy. IT is close to nothing. At least with College Station your semi close to Houston, Austin, and Dallas. In Austin its not that hard of a drive to San Antonio, Houston, or the Metro Mess. From Lubbock its a pain in the butt to get anywhere. Furthermore Leach is not capable of a championship because he isnt that great of a game decision coach. His offense is powerful and so muich fun to watch. Almost impossible to stop if you dont have a crazy amount of speed on your defense, but the way he calls plays is like soem crazy gun slinger. His decisions going for it on 4th down are extremely disconcerting. Tech fans around Abilene are really starting to grumble about Leach as the man to get Tech over the hump and on to that 1st Tier of NCAA football programs. I honestly do not know how Tech fans tolerate the 8-3, 9-3 seasons. IT is as if Leach has hit the celing in Lubbock.

Phil C
02-06-2007, 12:26 PM
You must be patient inj. Lubbock is a great city and TT is a great university too. In fact the Accounting Dept. is one of the best in t he country. By recruiting West Texas players it is just a matter of time when Texas Tech will be a national power in football. And don't forget that TT already has an NC in Women's College Basketball.

burnet44
02-06-2007, 01:40 PM
i CAN ASSURE YOU
LSU aint recruiting west texas boys

but Leechville beats Frantown
so its cool

pancho villa
02-06-2007, 06:03 PM
I am now a TT fan "Guns up" My boy Jared Flannel is going to run all over the Defenses in the big 12.

Phil C
02-07-2007, 03:13 PM
Texas Tech needs to after junior Landry Jones from Artesia, NM. If Tech can get him he will do wonders for their recruiting especially in West Texas. Tech will be able to get good running backs and receivers and offensive linemen. Also should be able to get some good defensive players. He will be in the class of 2008 and he is great. This QB could be a turning point for TT even though they have had some great quarterbacks.

JR2004
02-07-2007, 11:16 PM
If my kid ever had a choice between Lubbock and College Station, I'd recommend going to Lubbock to play football or basketball. Despite how isolated it is out there on the South Plains, it's actually not that bad of a place.

Out of the Big XII schools in Texas, I'd rank them the 2nd best place to go to ahead of Waco and College Station.

bulldogman06
02-08-2007, 07:08 AM
Have you been to Waco, Lubbock, and College Station? you have to be outta your mind@ I could see Austins argument for sure, great place, I love Austin and I live in College Station, but Lubbock? there is nothing there! its a dry county too! that weighs in on any young mans decision, it may be a lot or a little, but it is something to consider.

LH Panther Mom
02-08-2007, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by bulldogman06
its a dry county too! that weighs in on any young mans decision, it may be a lot or a little, but it is something to consider.
Wouldn't it be illegal for those new recruits to be drinking anyway? :p And for those of drinking age, the county is not dry.....the city is.

Phil C
03-29-2007, 03:44 PM
Bad news for Texas Tech fans is that it looks like Landry Jones is going to be a Sooner. But it is not binding. TT better persuade him to come to Lubbock. If he does TT will be a national power in football. Get to work Coach Leach.

Funk-d-fied
03-29-2007, 03:46 PM
There is nothing in Lubbock! HA! you would put lubbock at #2, you have to smoking something.

carter08
03-29-2007, 03:52 PM
Tech will be good for the next 4 years

they finally have a running game

g$$
03-29-2007, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
i CAN ASSURE YOU
LSU aint recruiting west texas boys

but Leechville beats Frantown
so its cool

No doubt West Tx does not have the quantity of talent as larger metropolitan areas. But, talent is there. Don't kid yourself, guys like Cedric Benson (Midland Lee), the Norman brothers (Midland Lee), the big TE from Big Spring (went to Miami), etc. were recruited by everybody far & wide. Some years are better than others but talent is there.

That being said, Lubbock is not a great place to live. It is a long way from anywhere & you even have to leave the city limits to buy alcohol (by comparison, College Station is close to the 3 biggest markets in Texas, etc.). I am sure it is a fun college town once there, & the women are plentiful too. But it is a tough sell for inner city kids. Leach has done a good job, no doubt, but Tech is a step down from the major powers. A&M has had fits with Tech for sure. I am just saying the jump from where you are now to consistent major power is a HUGE one. Tech is a good program & fairly decent academic school - but overall a step below the schools & programs at Texas & Texas A&M in this state. Both are Top 20 public institutions with huge budgets athletically, more resources, & more $$ from donors. That is just reality.

g$$
03-29-2007, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
If my kid ever had a choice between Lubbock and College Station, I'd recommend going to Lubbock to play football or basketball. Despite how isolated it is out there on the South Plains, it's actually not that bad of a place.

Out of the Big XII schools in Texas, I'd rank them the 2nd best place to go to ahead of Waco and College Station.

Then you like isolationism, & both Baylor & Texas A&M are far superior academically than Tech. That is just fact, not bias speaking. Do the research...

g$$
03-29-2007, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Tech will be good for the next 4 years

they finally have a running game

Have you forgotten the past 3 backs they have had in that offense? Leach will always be pass 1st, but they have had some good backs. Flannel is a talent when healthy, but let's stay rational here! Best of luck to him, but take a deep breath.

Phil C
03-29-2007, 04:12 PM
Landry Jones will have much success at Texas Tech even more so than at Oklahoma believe it or not. Leach and TT are the right fit for him and vice versa. He may do well at Oklahoma but not like at TT. At TT he will have a chance to win the Heisman Trophy and lead the Red Raiders to the National Championship. Other players will follow him to TT much more so than Oklahoma. That is why TT needs to get him. With him they will go far indeed.

LH Panther Mom
03-29-2007, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
At TT he will have a chance to win the Heisman Trophy and lead the Red Raiders to the National Championship. I'm a Tech fan, but let's get real here. :crazy1: :crazy: :crazy1:

Emerson1
03-29-2007, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Landry Jones will have much success at Texas Tech even more so than at Oklahoma believe it or not. Leach and TT are the right fit for him and vice versa. He may do well at Oklahoma but not like at TT. At TT he will have a chance to win the Heisman Trophy and lead the Red Raiders to the National Championship. Other players will follow him to TT much more so than Oklahoma. That is why TT needs to get him. With him they will go far indeed.
I think it's a given that you will have better stats at TT then at OU. Playing in TT's offense for 4 years will not get your into the NFL, unless the colts select you because that is the only offense that semi resembles Texas techs.

Lubbock is a boring city. No recruit is gonna pick a city like Miami, USC, or even Austin over Lubbock.

I sometimes wonder what you are on when you make these threads.

Phil C
03-29-2007, 07:47 PM
I had some friends that went to Lubbock to go to college at Texas Tech and they loved it.