PDA

View Full Version : Norv Turner most likely to be HC for Dallas by tommorrow

SintonFan_inAustin
02-05-2007, 01:31 PM
i heard on radio that jerry jones has canceled the coaching interviews with bears ass. coach and colts ass. coach and plans to name Norv Turner the new Dallas Head Coach by tommorrow. Anybody heard this yet?

Blastoderm55
02-05-2007, 01:34 PM
Who are these ass. coaches you speak of?

:thinking: :p

SintonFan_inAustin
02-05-2007, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Who are these ass. coaches you speak of?

:thinking: :p Bears Ron Rivera and Colts QB coach both had interviews for the Cowboys HC position both were ass. coaches:p assistant was lazy in spelling it out Blast.

Macarthur
02-05-2007, 02:16 PM
If he's sure Norv is the man, I don't have a problem with it. But he better be sure.

I don't think either of those guys are a better option than Norv, especially if Norv and bring Rivera in as DC. That would be the best case scenario in my mind.

Bullaholic
02-05-2007, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
If he's sure Norv is the man, I don't have a problem with it. But he better be sure.

I don't think either of those guys are a better option than Norv, especially if Norv and bring Rivera in as DC. That would be the best case scenario in my mind.

Mac---This is getting serious---We're agreeing on lots of Cowboy stuff lately. :D

Macarthur
02-05-2007, 02:21 PM
For sure!

I will say this, after last night, I'm not as gung ho on Rivera as I was before. After that defense lost Tommie Harris, they were very average.

g$$
02-05-2007, 02:56 PM
Turner is a fine OC but not a HC. He has flopped twice miserably already. Just another puppet for Jerry Jones.

Dallas needs a strong-minded HC who will command respect from TO & others (if they keep TO or release him for salary cap reasons, $6+ million cap hit).

I like Turner the man, but do not agree with him as HC. JJ has done all of this backwards - you don't hire assts. before you hire the HC. Nothing but JJ's puppet.

Txbroadcaster
02-05-2007, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Turner is a fine OC but not a HC. He has flopped twice miserably already. Just another puppet for Jerry Jones.

Dallas needs a strong-minded HC who will command respect from TO & others (if they keep TO or release him for salary cap reasons, $6+ million cap hit).

I like Turner the man, but do not agree with him as HC. JJ has done all of this backwards - you don't hire assts. before you hire the HC. Nothing but JJ's puppet.

You mean that strong willed coach like Parcells that Jones let run the team...34-32 record no play-off win

Norv will only be as good as the devlopment of Romo and finding the right person to tap into the talent the defense SEEMS to possess. If those two can be worked to success, then I think the Cowboys will be fine..if Romo regresses, or the D cant be shored up I think we will see alot of what we have the past few years..9-7 teams.

Talent wise this Cowboy team is capable of being 11-5, 12-4..But the new coaches have got to do a better job on defensive of finding the strenghts of the players and hide their weaknesses.

Romo needs to rebound from the dropped snap, and continue to reign in his wildness yet not so much that the playmaker aspect is taken awat from his game

g$$
02-05-2007, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
You mean that strong willed coach like Parcells that Jones let run the team...34-32 record no play-off win

Norv will only be as good as the devlopment of Romo and finding the right person to tap into the talent the defense SEEMS to possess. If those two can be worked to success, then I think the Cowboys will be fine..if Romo regresses, or the D cant be shored up I think we will see alot of what we have the past few years..9-7 teams.

Talent wise this Cowboy team is capable of being 11-5, 12-4..But the new coaches have got to do a better job on defensive of finding the strenghts of the players and hide their weaknesses.

Romo needs to rebound from the dropped snap, and continue to reign in his wildness yet not so much that the playmaker aspect is taken awat from his game

Yeah, Parcells was the problem. Remember Gailey & Campo & 3 straight 5-11 seasons? If Parcells can't control TO, what will meek & mild Norv do?

Good OC, not a HC. Failed twice at WASH & OAK already. Nothing but a puppet to JJ.

Dallas could go either way next year. Talent is on hand, but other issues may surface. TO = team cancer as you well know my opinion & his track record.

Txbroadcaster
02-05-2007, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Yeah, Parcells was the problem. Remember Gailey & Campo & 3 straight 5-11 seasons? If Parcells can't control TO, what will meek & mild Norv do?

Good OC, not a HC. Failed twice at WASH & OAK already. Nothing but a puppet to JJ.

Dallas could go either way next year. Talent is on hand, but other issues may surface. TO = team cancer as you well know my opinion & his track record.

Parcells and TO had NOTHING to do with a once promising season turning south..It was lack of D nothing more, nothing less.

What does Chan and Campo have to do with Bill? He was brought into run the team and take them to the top. He did not. He made the team better, but DID NOT make them a great team. That was what he was brought in to do.

Parcells was interviewed by his buddies on a New York stationafter he resigned , and they were BEGGING him to say TO was the reason he left, and TO was the biggest problem this past season and he said simply..TO was NOT the problem some made him out to be. Once he agian he stated he had more problems with some "of his guys" when he was with the Giants than TO this past year...and it is not like he was just being nice, because he has ALWAYS said what he thought everyone else be damned.

If TO is the biggest problem for the Cowboys next year, then that means Romo is playing wel, the OL is playing better, and the defense is back to playing good.

Gobbla2001
02-05-2007, 03:17 PM
honestly I don't believe TO was that big of a distraction this year... I mean yah, it opened up a few more media jobs and gave some ole conserative Cowboys fans something to growl about at the local diner, but in all honesty the guy wasn't a big off the field problem this year...

He could have held on to a few more of those balls though...

JasperDog94
02-05-2007, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Good OC, not a HC. Failed twice at WASH & OAK already. Nothing but a puppet to JJ. Washington I'll give you, but I don't hold it against any coach that fails in Oakland. That's the last place anyone with half a brain would want to coach.

Txbroadcaster
02-05-2007, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Washington I'll give you, but I don't hold it against any coach that fails in Oakland. That's the last place anyone with half a brain would want to coach.

it is not like he was terrible at Washington

He took a team that was in shambles and made them into play-off contenders

| 1994 was | 3 13 0 | 0 0 |
| 1995 was | 6 10 0 | 0 0 |
| 1996 was | 9 7 0 | 0 0 |
| 1997 was | 8 7 1 | 0 0 |
| 1998 was | 6 10 0 | 0 0 |
| 1999 was | 10 6 0 | 1 1 |
| 2000 was | 7 6 0 | 0 0

JasperDog94
02-05-2007, 05:12 PM
I'll reserve judgment for now. After all this is the 275th rumor about the next Cowboys coach.

Phil C
02-05-2007, 05:17 PM
Isn't it interesting that the first three coaches of the Dallas Cowboys all won super bowls.

Gobbla2001
02-05-2007, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I'll reserve judgment for now. After all this is the 275th rumor about the next Cowboys coach.

I thought it was the 274th???:(

JasperDog94
02-05-2007, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I thought it was the 274th???:( No, the 274th rumor was announced right between two of Prince's halftime songs. I guess you weren't paying attention.:dispntd: