PDA

View Full Version : Creer

burnet44
02-05-2007, 12:13 PM
By TODD WILLS / The Dallas Morning News
twills@dallasnews.com

Tatum running back Lennon Creer, the state's top-ranked running back recruit, said at a news conference Thursday that he has orally committed to Tennessee.

Oral commitments are nonbinding. The first day a recruit can sign a national letter of intent is Wednesday.

Creer (6-1, 202), No. 8 on Rivals.com's Texas 100 state list, announced his decision at his high school. Teammate Darnius Moore, a defensive back, also announced he had committed to Tennessee.

Creer's decision ends one of the most unpredictable recruiting sagas of the 2007 class. Creer had one surprise after another, not visiting Texas after he told coaches he would come there two weekends ago. Then he visited Alabama after new coach Nick Saban and offensive coordinator Major Applewhite got him to come to Tuscaloosa last weekend.

In the end, Creer, who had also visited Tennessee and Oklahoma, told Rivals.com that he felt most comfortable at Tennessee.

"I made my decision last night," Creer told Rivals.com. "I talked with my family. They talked to me about Alabama, but it was just Tennessee."

Creer rushed for more than 2,000 yards as a junior and senior.

Briefly: McKinney defensive back Eddie Morgan said he has orally committed to Duke. He had committed to Stanford in September, but the offer was pulled when he was notified last week that he had not been admitted to the school. ... Brenham cornerback Kevin Ealey confirmed he has orally committed to North Texas. ... Birdville wide receiver Jason Martinson said he has switched his commitment to Texas State from North Texas.

Staff writers David Hinojosa and Brett Vito contributed to this report.

KTA
02-05-2007, 01:47 PM
who cares Christian Scott just commited to TEXAS!!!!