PDA

View Full Version : Prince for the half time show????

luvhoops34
02-04-2007, 08:15 PM
Couldn't they get anybody better??? Geez

Like maybe Kevin Fowler or George Strait or ANYBODY but Prince.:(

3afan
02-04-2007, 08:21 PM
actually it was a good show ............ you may not like his music, appearance, whatever - but as a musician he's a mega-talent

NDFootball
02-04-2007, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
actually it was a good show ............ you may not like his music, appearance, whatever - but as a musician he's a mega-talent

Janet was way cooler

especially with JT

AggiesAreWe
02-04-2007, 08:23 PM
Just saw the halftime show. I thought Prince did a pretty good job to be doing it in the rain.

I would much rather see Strait myself but he doesn't seem to be the halftime show type.

3afan
02-04-2007, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by NDFootball
Janet ....

as far as talent, JJ pales in comparison to Prince ... IMO

Txbroadcaster
02-04-2007, 08:26 PM
he is an aquired taste..But I have always loved Prince..A showman at heart..plays a ton iof insturments and is a great performer in general

PHS Wildcats
02-04-2007, 08:27 PM
Very happy there was no Strait:clap:

BuffyMars
02-04-2007, 08:28 PM
I agree! Outstanding performance! Definitely a standing ovation here....we had the surround sound blaring!

The man is talent. Period. :tongue:

Bandera YaYa
02-04-2007, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
Couldn't they get anybody better??? Geez

Like maybe Kevin Fowler or George Strait or ANYBODY but Prince.:( I hear ya, girlfriend! Never enjoyed seeing a short man in eyeliner........but he CAN play that guitar, I'll give him that....but isn't there usually more than one performer at halftime????? And all those women swaying around him., flinging their wet hair around....... :rolleyes: :p

Txbroadcaster
02-04-2007, 08:38 PM
I think he should get kudos for performing so well in a driving rain storm as well..not an easy feat

Bandera YaYa
02-04-2007, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I think he should get kudos for performing so well in a driving rain storm as well..not an easy feat REally he did good in all that rain, hands off to him for sure! .....I wonder if "electricution(sp)" was a risk?? I was thinking they would of had like a canopy thingy plan in action for in case it rained. I noticed his peach colored shirt was sticking to his body....too bad it didn't rain when JJ performed, it might have kept her red undergarment from being ripped off, too! :thinking:

BuffyMars
02-04-2007, 08:47 PM
I'm still in shock Prince covered the Foo Fighters :D .... did I mention I loved that performance? :tongue:

Bandera YaYa
02-04-2007, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
I'm still in shock Prince covered the Foo Fighters :D .... did I mention I loved that performance? :tongue: ..yah you did....a few times.....we got that you love you some Prince.......settle down now.....settle down.....

Bull19
02-04-2007, 09:22 PM
VERY BELOW AVERAGE SHOW....GUITAR WAS WAY TOO LOUD....DOESNT EVEN COMPARE TO PAUL MCCARTNEY'S SHOW FROM A COUPLE YEARS AGO,,,,,AT LEAST YOU COULD UNDERSTAND WHAT PAUL WAS SAYING INSTEAD OF JUST SCREAMING LIKE A 6 YEAR OLD GIRL LIKE PRINCE WAS,,,,,,,

WHAT KIND OF NAME IS PRINCE ANYWAY? SHOULD BE PRINCESS

carter08
02-04-2007, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
VERY BELOW AVERAGE SHOW....GUITAR WAS WAY TOO LOUD....DOESNT EVEN COMPARE TO PAUL MCCARTNEY'S SHOW FROM A COUPLE YEARS AGO,,,,,AT LEAST YOU COULD UNDERSTAND WHAT PAUL WAS SAYING INSTEAD OF JUST SCREAMING LIKE A 6 YEAR OLD GIRL LIKE PRINCE WAS,,,,,,,

WHAT KIND OF NAME IS PRINCE ANYWAY? SHOULD BE PRINCESS \

Wow
I agree with YOU

The McCartney show was better
I recorded it and still watch it

theyoefnshow
02-04-2007, 09:31 PM
Prince is a musical God and you will accept that. George Strait at Superbowl? Come on now....
And to say Timberlake over Prince? That's almost as bad.
The fact that he covered a Foo Fighters song was awesome.
It's funny how back in the day, everybody was like "Who's gonna last longer, Michael Jackson or Prince?" Well.....looks like that has been answered pretty soundly as I don't think we'll see the former King of Pop performing @ a Superbowl anytime soon

BuffyMars
02-04-2007, 09:31 PM
Difference of opinion.

Bull19
02-04-2007, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
Prince is a musical God and you will accept that. George Strait at Superbowl? Come on now....
And to say Timberlake over Prince? That's almost as bad.
The fact that he covered a Foo Fighters song was awesome.
It's funny how back in the day, everybody was like "Who's gonna last longer, Michael Jackson or Prince?" Well.....looks like that has been answered pretty soundly as I don't think we'll see the former King of Pop performing @ a Superbowl anytime soon

WHOS HAS MORE HITS? IT AINT PRINCE. IF MJ WAS TO PREFORM AT THE SB IT WOULD BE MUCH MORE APPRECIATED THAN PRINCE.
CAN YOU PROVE HE WONT BE PREFORMING AT A SB ANYTIME SOON??????? DIDNT THINK SO.

BuffyMars
02-04-2007, 09:43 PM
WHOS HAS MORE HITS? IT AINT PRINCE. IF MJ WAS TO PREFORM AT THE SB IT WOULD BE MUCH MORE APPRECIATED THAN PRINCE.

I think the fact that he was accused of child molestation on multiple accounts means that he won't be performing anytime soon. Sorry, but whether he was proven guilty or not is irrelevant when it comes to the public. People forgive but they don't easily forget.

theyoefnshow
02-04-2007, 09:46 PM

Caps lock is not your friend.

As for hits. Well....if I felt like going hit for hit....I'm sure it'd be pretty close. Fact is, Prince has CONTINUED to make albums and have hits while MJ has had NOTHING since the wretchedness known as "Dangerous." Now if I remember....that's been about 15 years. Hey I loved Jackson back in the day and will still listen to his OLD stuff but like they say, "What have you done for me lately?" In Jackson's case, musically, NOTHING.

Txbroadcaster
02-04-2007, 09:49 PM
If ya dont like Prince musically then fine..but why does it have to be turned into a he should be called Princess and all that. It is just a difference in musical taste.

I grew up liking Prince and still like him. His ability to be so wide ranging in his style and songs IMO is amazing.

Some of you say Paul Mcartney was better a couple of years ago, I disagree, IMO it was boring and safe, But hey I am not going to attack just because I disagree

theyoefnshow
02-04-2007, 09:52 PM
Well what do you know......looks like Prince does in fact have more top 10 singles......

1. Little Red Corvette 2. Delirious 3.When Doves Cry 4.Let's Go Crazy 5. Purple Rain 6. I Would Die 4 U 7. Raspberry Beret 8.Pop Life 9. Kiss 10.Mountains 11.Sign “☮” the Times 12. U Got the Look 13. I Could Never Take the Place of Your Man 14.Alphabet St. 15.Batdance 16.Thieves In the Temple 17. Cream 18.Diamonds and Pearls 19. 7 20.The Most Beautiful Girl in the World"

1.Ben 2. Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough 3. Rock with You 4.Billie Jean" 5.Beat It 6. Say Say Say 7.I Just Can't Stop Loving You" 8.Bad" 9.The Way You Make Me Feel 10. Man in the Mirror 11.Dirty Diana" 12.Black or White" 13.You Are Not Alone

PW3ND

Bull19
02-04-2007, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
If ya dont like Prince musically then fine..but why does it have to be turned into a he should be called Princess and all that. It is just a difference in musical taste.

I grew up liking Prince and still like him. His ability to be so wide ranging in his style and songs IMO is amazing.

Some of you say Paul Mcartney was better a couple of years ago, I disagree, IMO it was boring and safe, But hey I am not going to attack just because I disagree

IF YOU THINK PAUL MMCARNTEY'S STUFF IS BORING THEN YOU APPRENTLY CANT GRASP WHAT GREAT MUSIC IS WHEN ITS SLAPPING YOU RIGHT IN THE FACE. IM NOT GOING TO TRY AND CONVINCE YOU THAT PAUL IS BETTER THAN PRINCE,,,,BUT PRINCE IS AN ENTERTAINER, PAUL IS A MUSCIAN, PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

theyoefnshow
02-04-2007, 09:57 PM
Why am I hearing Dave Chappelle's character Clayton Bigsby in my head.....

Txbroadcaster
02-04-2007, 09:57 PM
IF YOU THINK PAUL MMCARNTEY'S STUFF IS BORING THEN YOU APPRENTLY CANT GRASP WHAT GREAT MUSIC IS WHEN ITS SLAPPING YOU RIGHT IN THE FACE. IM NOT GOING TO TRY AND CONVINCE YOU THAT PAUL IS BETTER THAN PRINCE,,,,BUT PRINCE IS AN ENTERTAINER, PAUL IS A MUSCIAN, PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

Where did I say he was boring? And how do YOU know what I can and cannot grasp in music? I said THAT ONE PERFORMANCE IMO was boring and safe, NOT HIS WHOLE CAREER

We have different views on music, BOTH are personal thoughts. Does not mean EITHER of us know more or less than the other

BuffyMars
02-04-2007, 09:58 PM

I guess you had the volume down when he was playing guitar. :tongue:

sinton66
02-04-2007, 09:58 PM

Please find the caps lock key and stop typing all in caps. That is the internet equivalent of yelling.

Bull19
02-04-2007, 10:02 PM
I guess you had the volume down when he was playing guitar. :tongue:

NO I DIDNT. IN FACT THATS ALL I COULD HERE,,AND IT WASNT THAT GOOD. ALOT OF MISSED NOTES,,, MOST ONLY THINK ITS GOOD BECAUSE IT SOUNDS COOL WHEN HE MAKES IT SCREAM, JUST CAUSE YOU CAN MAKE IT SCREAM DOESNT MAKE YOU A GOOD GUITAR PLAYER,,, THIS IS ALL IM GOING TO SAY ON THIS, IM NOT GOING TO ARGUE WITH PEOPLE WHO I KNOW, KNOW LESS THAN ME ON THIS SUBJECT.

sinton66
02-04-2007, 10:03 PM
NO I DIDNT. IN FACT THATS ALL I COULD HERE,,AND IT WASNT THAT GOOD. ALOT OF MISSED NOTES,,, MOST ONLY THINK ITS GOOD BECAUSE IT SOUNDS COOL WHEN HE MAKES IT SCREAM, JUST CAUSE YOU CAN MAKE IT SCREAM DOESNT MAKE YOU A GOOD GUITAR PLAYER,,, THIS IS ALL IM GOING TO SAY ON THIS, IM NOT GOING TO ARGUE WITH PEOPLE WHO I KNOW, KNOW LESS THAN ME ON THIS SUBJECT.

See above post.

BuffyMars
02-04-2007, 10:05 PM
THIS IS ALL IM GOING TO SAY ON THIS, IM NOT GOING TO ARGUE WITH PEOPLE WHO I KNOW, KNOW LESS THAN ME ON THIS SUBJECT.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Sorry we didn't realize that you were the god of music. Please have mercy on us all! :helpme:

Txbroadcaster

Wow way to be a condescending jerk, just because we dont bow down and fall in line with your musical taste. With ALL YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF MUSIC you seem to be forgetting the main rule. Art is abstract and subjective. What you like and dislike is not going to be the same as what I like and dislike, and ONCE AGAIN..NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT.

Geez

bobcat1
Newsflash. Bobcat1 went back to his youth and loved the halftime show. I forgot what a complete entertainer Prince is. He performed wonderfully and no lip sync either. :clap: :clap: :clap:

theyoefnshow
02-04-2007, 10:06 PM

You still never responded to the fact that Prince has 20 top 10 hits vs. Jackson's 13....

Being as how you made it seem as if there was no way Prince had more....

Bull19
02-04-2007, 10:07 PM
You still never responded to the fact that Prince has 20 top 10 hits vs. Jackson's 13....

Being as how you made it seem as if there was no way Prince had more....

I DONT LISTEN TO RAP SO I DONT CARE

BuffyMars
02-04-2007, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Newsflash. Bobcat1 went back to his youth and loved the halftime show. I forgot what a complete entertainer Prince is. He performed wonderfully and no lip sync either. :clap: :clap: :clap:

NOOOOOOOO BOBCAT! YOU CAN'T LIKE PRINCE! :mad: IT WAS A MEDIOCRE PERFORMANCE! NOTHINGMORE! :foul: :foul:

:evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

Txbroadcaster
02-04-2007, 10:08 PM

HAHAHAHA...thought u was the music expert..Prince has NEVER done rap

BuffyMars
02-04-2007, 10:08 PM

WOAH! Prince raps too? What have I been missing? Did Michael Jackson rap? :confused: :confused: :confused:

"Whose bad?"

theyoefnshow
02-04-2007, 10:09 PM

RAP!?!?!?!? Wow you just lost all form of musical credibility with that statement.

Bull19
02-04-2007, 10:10 PM
RAP!?!?!?!? Wow you just lost all form of musical credibility with that statement.

ITS CALLED SARCASIM I GUESS YOU CANT SEE IT WHEN ITS PUNCHING YOU RIGHT IN YOU FACE.

Txbroadcaster
02-04-2007, 10:11 PM
ITS CALLED SARCASIM I GUESS YOU CANT SEE IT WHEN ITS PUNCHING YOU RIGHT IN YOU FACE.

Or cant see it when the sarcasm attempt falls flat

bobcat1
NOOOOOOOO BOBCAT! YOU CAN'T LIKE PRINCE! :mad: IT WAS A MEDIOCRE PERFORMANCE! NOTHINGMORE! :foul: :foul:

:evillol: :evillol: :evillol:
Buffy my dear, I was waiting for Little red Corvette and poppn the gum sideways and the whole thing. He was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

BuffyMars

Mmmmmmmmkay. Nice try.

Bull19
02-04-2007, 10:13 PM
Mmmmmmmmkay. Nice try.

I SAID RAP CAUSE RAP IS EQUAL TO CRAP WHICH EQUALS PRINCE'S PERFORMANCE TONIGHT.

BuffyMars
02-04-2007, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Buffy my dear, I was waiting for Little red Corvette and poppn the gum sideways and the whole thing. He was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol! I was just kidding...I was just quoting Bull19...he thought it wasn't as great as the rest of us. I thought it was one of the best SB half-time shows I have ever seen! I was more than impressed! :inlove:

theyoefnshow
02-04-2007, 10:14 PM
sorry buddy...you screwed up, now just admit you aren't tolerant of anyone who has a different opinion that you do.

theyoefnshow
02-04-2007, 10:15 PM
I SAID RAP CAUSE RAP IS EQUAL TO CRAP WHICH EQUALS PRINCE'S PERFORMANCE TONIGHT.
who is this guy? He's entertaining me more than Rex Grossman's SB performance

Bull19
02-04-2007, 10:15 PM
sorry buddy...you screwed up, now just admit you aren't tolerant of anyone who has a different opinion that you do.

NO

Txbroadcaster
02-04-2007, 10:16 PM
NO

Actually you have proven you cannot accept that someone does not agree with you.

DU_stud04
02-04-2007, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
actually it was a good show ............ you may not like his music, appearance, whatever - but as a musician he's a mega-talent agreed, i actually liked the show.

pirate4state
02-04-2007, 11:18 PM
Purple Rain, purple rain.........

he did play that right? geez i'm really tired and this thread is just crazy....good grief....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I <3 PRINCE!! HE ROCKS!! He is an awesome song writer too. :o

oh and Buffy - the surround sound was going off at my house too :D

ILS1
02-04-2007, 11:23 PM
Michael Jackson should be credited with only 12 Top 10 hits. Because Ben was recorded when he was younger with his brothers as part of the Jackson 5.

:D :D

awizzy
02-05-2007, 12:35 AM
i did not take time to read all the post but i thought prince was wicked good tonite

kepdawg
02-05-2007, 12:45 AM
I almost fell asleep!

Phantom Stang
02-05-2007, 12:49 AM
Rule number one in music: If it SOUNDS good it IS good, and....
Prince's show was VERY good!!:cool:

Blastoderm55
02-05-2007, 11:26 AM
Frankly, that was the best halftime show in years. Watching dinosaurs stink it up after the Jackson fiasco put a damper on the entire second half of the '04 and '05 games, and the MTV productions were simply lousy. I especially liked the marching bands being included with their glowing uniforms.

:clap:

District303aPastPlayer
02-05-2007, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Frankly, that was the best halftime show in years. Watching dinosaurs stink it up after the Jackson fiasco put a damper on the entire second half of the '04 and '05 games, and the MTV productions were simply lousy. I especially liked the marching bands being included with their glowing uniforms.

FAMU coming out and playing was great... i loved how he played Purple Rain... i was waiting for Little Red Corvette, Kiss, or Raspberry Beret... :D

JHS_c/o_06'
02-05-2007, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55

I like the two previous halftime shows. I like Paul and i love the Stones. And i thought this year was just as good if not better. I never looked much into Prince because i thought he was just a pop star. And all his hits were mostly pop songs. But when his new album came out, i saw him on SNL and saw how good of a guitar player he was. And that changed my perspective.

TexanAlum_06
02-05-2007, 01:45 PM
I did not Know Prince was that good of a guitar player. But he can Play! and Im not a Prince fan but that was Great. I really enjoyed it. The marching band was good as well. That was the best SBHT show I have seen in a while....

pirate4state
02-05-2007, 02:47 PM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/ww/news/2007/02/05/020507princefull.jpg

PRINCE ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spiveyrat
02-05-2007, 03:33 PM
Those of you who have HD, what'd you think of the performance in HD? That purple bleeding through against a dark background was nice. Coupled with the Dolby Surround Sound, the performance both visually and audibly was excellent!

I have to admit, I wasn't very happy he was going to be the half-time entertainment. But he really changed my mind.

TexanAlum_06
02-05-2007, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat

I have to admit, I wasn't very happy he was going to be the half-time entertainment. But he really changed my mind.

I was the same way.

Funk-d-fied
02-05-2007, 03:41 PM
He should of played *&$$@ control.... that my friends would of been awesome...

99IHSMustang
02-05-2007, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Funk-d-fied
He should of played *&$$@ control.... that my friends would of been awesome...

That's funny right there.

pirate4state
02-05-2007, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Funk-d-fied
He should of played *&$$@ control.... that my friends would of been awesome... LMAO ~~~~ CLASSIC!!

Matthew328
02-05-2007, 04:34 PM
Prince is a musical genious...his talent is sick, the man can play literally dozens of instruments and is a GREAT songwritter and performer...GREAT choice for the Super Bowl!

I was hoping he'd play Raspberry Beret or P$%@* Control also

Prince isn't for everyone but neither are some of the other performers...

FAMU Band was awesome as well...

footballgal
02-05-2007, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Prince is a musical genious...his talent is sick, the man can play literally dozens of instruments and is a GREAT songwritter and performer...GREAT choice for the Super Bowl!

I was hoping he'd play Raspberry Beret or P$%@* Control also

Prince isn't for everyone but neither are some of the other performers...

FAMU Band was awesome as well...

+1

Scholar
02-05-2007, 05:43 PM
Prince rocks.

Check out this clip from his Hall of Fame induction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-qlU46ODlg

bobcat1
02-05-2007, 05:50 PM
Totally Awesome. That is Talent right there!;)

Pmoney
02-05-2007, 05:52 PM
They should get Metallica to do the next SB halftime

Blastoderm55
02-05-2007, 05:54 PM
I'd like U2. The opening they did with Green Day for the first Saints' game at the Superdome this year was incredible.

theyoefnshow
02-05-2007, 06:41 PM
other than the opening kickoff td, grossman's 2564 turnovers and halftime......was it me or was the game kinda boring this year?
first quarter seemed so promising then it came to a screeching halt...

Blastoderm55
02-05-2007, 06:45 PM
other than the opening kickoff td, grossman's 2564 turnovers and halftime......was it me or was the game kinda boring this year?
first quarter seemed so promising then it came to a screeching halt...

I agree. The first quarter was sloppy, but the turnovers added excitement. Starting off on such a high note with the KO return helped too. Once Manning got into rhythm, the game got pretty boring, because we all knew there was no way the Bears' offense would be able to come from behind.

theyoefnshow
02-05-2007, 07:03 PM
yah....unless the opposing defense were the cardinals.