PDA

View Full Version : Sooner Signee?

burnet44
02-04-2007, 04:18 PM
Sooners get Gilmer RB Johnson for '08
Gilmer RB Justin Johnson, considered by many the state's top running back, committed to Oklahoma for the Class of '08. Johnson (6-1, 210) gave OU coach Bob Stoops a letter as he arrived Saturday for the Sooners' junior day: According to soonerscoop.com, the letter read:

"Coach Stoops,

Thank you for the opportunity of a lifetime and chance to fulfill my dream. To you, your staff, my future teammates, and the Sooner nation…
I hereby commit myself to this creed and the 2008 Sooner football recruiting class.
Boomer Sooner!!!

Emerson1
02-04-2007, 05:11 PM
Why would anyone want to go to a school fixing to be put under ncaa sanctions?

JR2004
02-04-2007, 05:21 PM
Poor kid...Great player, but he just made a really bad decision. I think this probably means Van will be seeing and hearing from a lot of coaches on the Longhorns staff now. I know they already wanted Jermie Calhoun, but I'm sure this will intensify getting him even more. UT can't lose either way if they wind up with one of the two.

TexanAlum_06
02-04-2007, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by burnet44

"Coach Stoops,

Thank you for the opportunity of a lifetime and chance to fulfill my dream. To you, your staff, my future teammates, and the Sooner nation…
I hereby commit myself to this creed and the 2008 Sooner football recruiting class.
Boomer Sooner!!!

If/When he decommits If/When they go on probation. this qoute shall be brought up again, this prolly wont be the last time we see this.."

Phil C
02-04-2007, 05:42 PM
It is early. I have heard that the Sooners and Aggies are starting early on the 2008 recruits. The only thing is they can change their minds between now and next year's signing day. We lost a couple at UT ourselves.