PDA

View Full Version : I am so SICK of these whinny overpaid teachers

burnet44
02-04-2007, 03:17 PM
SICK OF THOSE HIGH PAID TEACHERS

I, for one, am sick and tired of those high paid teachers. Their
hefty salaries are driving up taxes, and they only work nine or ten
months a year! It's time we put things in perspective and pay them for
what they do...baby-sit! We can get that for less than minimum wage.
That's right...I would give them $3.00 an hour and only for the hours
they worked, not any of that silly planning time. That would be $15 a
day. Each parent should pay $15 a day for these teachers to baby-sit
their children. Now, how many do they teach in a day.... maybe 25? Then
that's $15 X 25=$375 a day. But remember they only work 180 days a
year! I'm not going to pay them for any vacations. Let's see... that's
375 x180=$67,500.00 (Hold on, my calculator must need batteries!) What
about those special teachers or the ones with master's degrees? Well,
we could pay them minimum wage just to be fair. Let's round it off to
$6.00 an hour. That would be $6 X 5 hours X 25 children X 180 days
=$135,000.00 per year. Wait a minute, there is something wrong here!!!
(There sure is!)

DU_stud04
02-04-2007, 03:30 PM
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

i agree(even though our education system is terrible)

kaorder1999
02-04-2007, 03:31 PM
i thought about posting that the other day

lepfan
02-04-2007, 04:20 PM
I would take that strategy in getting to my salary!

BHBrave08
02-04-2007, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
SICK OF THOSE HIGH PAID TEACHERS

I, for one, am sick and tired of those high paid teachers. Their
hefty salaries are driving up taxes, and they only work nine or ten
months a year! It's time we put things in perspective and pay them for
what they do...baby-sit! We can get that for less than minimum wage.
That's right...I would give them $3.00 an hour and only for the hours
they worked, not any of that silly planning time. That would be $15 a
day. Each parent should pay $15 a day for these teachers to baby-sit
their children. Now, how many do they teach in a day.... maybe 25? Then
that's $15 X 25=$375 a day. But remember they only work 180 days a
year! I'm not going to pay them for any vacations. Let's see... that's
375 x180=$67,500.00 (Hold on, my calculator must need batteries!) What
about those special teachers or the ones with master's degrees? Well,
we could pay them minimum wage just to be fair. Let's round it off to
$6.00 an hour. That would be $6 X 5 hours X 25 children X 180 days
=$135,000.00 per year. Wait a minute, there is something wrong here!!!
(There sure is!)

YOU ARE A FREAKING IDIOT!!!!!!!!!

There is not a teacher anywhere in the entire US that makes $135,000 even if they have been teaching for 50 years. In fact 3 teachers don't make that much combined you idiot. So why not try to think before you blab about something you obviously have no idea (or ever thought you had an idea) about. And when teachers "whine" it is often because they make so little they are worried how to make it from paycheck to paycheck. So shut the hell up!

Emerson1
02-04-2007, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by BHBrave08

There is not a teacher anywhere in the entire US that makes $135,000 even if they have been teaching for 50 years. In fact 3 teachers don't make that much combined you idiot. So why not try to think before you blab about something you obviously have no idea (or ever thought you had an idea) about. And when teachers "whine" it is often because they make so little they are worried how to make it from paycheck to paycheck. So shut the hell up!

No you are the moron for not being able to read and use logic skills

sinton66
02-04-2007, 05:45 PM

I see that sarcasm is lost on you.

DU_stud04
02-04-2007, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I see that sarcasm is lost on you. ahhhh yup.

dogdad
02-04-2007, 06:06 PM

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!
BHBrave, what you don't know is that Burnet44 IS a teacher!

sahen
02-04-2007, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

i agree(even though our education system is terrible)
I'd be willing to bet the education system would be a heckuva a lot better if teachers got paid that much....People would be competeting like crazy for those jobs...Not to mention a lot of people who would be teachers cause they enjoy it but dont do it cause the money is so little would actually do what they want to do....

maestro
02-04-2007, 09:21 PM
kids learn right from wrong at home.......not at school...

kids are taught at home about grey areas instead of following the rules.....

you could pay the teachers a zillion dollars......but the " product" is still coming to the schools tainted by what they are exposed to at home...

no way a teacher can replace a parent as a role model.

support teachers in every way possible.......

but BE A PARENT at home.........

my 2 cents worth.....

dogdad
02-04-2007, 10:09 PM
ding=ding-ding!!!!!!!
you have hit the nail on the head

burnet44
02-04-2007, 11:16 PM
thanks
we try to do both
and we dont teach our own kids

bandera7
02-04-2007, 11:43 PM
Wow...I read that, and it is so true...and it kind of made me upset....but then BHBrave said that, and I just started laughing, and I couldnt stop...I guess he just didnt read it very well.

SintonFan
02-05-2007, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by sahen
I'd be willing to bet the education system would be a heckuva a lot better if teachers got paid that much....People would be competeting like crazy for those jobs...Not to mention a lot of people who would be teachers cause they enjoy it but dont do it cause the money is so little would actually do what they want to do....
Starting teachers should make minimum wage. Teachers "who teach" should make just enough to "keep them coming back for more".:cool: :clap:

Macarthur
02-05-2007, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by sahen

There have been numerous studies that have shown that more money spent does not equal quality education. Not to mention our property taxes would be triple and no one would be able to afford anything except taxes.

Are there really folks that would love to teach but don't do it because of the money?

JasperDog94
02-05-2007, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by maestro
kids learn right from wrong at home.......not at school...

kids are taught at home about grey areas instead of following the rules.....

you could pay the teachers a zillion dollars......but the " product" is still coming to the schools tainted by what they are exposed to at home...

no way a teacher can replace a parent as a role model.

support teachers in every way possible.......

but BE A PARENT at home.........

my 2 cents worth..... Try telling that to our legislators and educrats.:(

Black_Magic
02-05-2007, 10:57 AM
The reason you have so few new teachers staying with it is because you can get a higher paying job out of your field for less pain in the rear. teahers get a degree then attend an additonal one to sometimes 3 years. They then get out and get paid what a postal worker gets without a degree or what a plumber makes. Teaching is one of the lowest paid jobs for the amount of education it requires. You might want to cut them some slack if for no other reason that they have to deal with some real turds out there.

Ranger Mom
02-05-2007, 11:06 AM

The post was so obviously a joke, only a FREAKING IDIOT wouldn't get it!!

*Just throwing a little bit of your medicine back at ya....*:p

lepfan
02-05-2007, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Macarthur

Are there really folks that would love to teach but don't do it because of the money? Yes there are....I am for one looking outside the profession for better pay. At least I will be responsible for my job performance...not 23 children who one day may not want to test or can not test because they can not stay focused....due to 'family issues'.

kaorder1999
02-05-2007, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by lepfan
Yes there are....I am for one looking outside the profession for better pay. At least I will be responsible for my job performance...not 23 children who one day may not want to test or can not test because they can not stay focused....due to 'family issues'.

great point

Ray_BearKat
02-05-2007, 12:32 PM
I was a teacher last year and I loved it...I mean if pay wasn't an issue I wouldn't mind working that hard all my life. It was a very eye-opening experience.

I can recall a student who was consistently late to school, the sweetest 7 year old ever but her parents neglected her. She came in one day at 9:00 out of breath and crying cause she thought i would be mad at her for being late. She told me that she had to wake herself up cause her mom forgot and she ran all the way from her house which was well over 2 miles cause her mom couldn't bring her.

I could go on with the stories but to make it short I loved teaching those kids, their parents upset me cause they didn't apreciate what they had...almost gave up my position in Pharmacy school to stay there and teach. But the salary of being a pharmacist was really what sealed the deal.

lepfan
02-05-2007, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Ray_BearKat
I was a teacher last year and I loved it...I mean if pay wasn't an issue I wouldn't mind working that hard all my life. It was a very eye-opening experience.

I can recall a student who was consistently late to school, the sweetest 7 year old ever but her parents neglected her. She came in one day at 9:00 out of breath and crying cause she thought i would be mad at her for being late. She told me that she had to wake herself up cause her mom forgot and she ran all the way from her house which was well over 2 miles cause her mom couldn't bring her.

I could go on with the stories but to make it short I loved teaching those kids, their parents upset me cause they didn't apreciate what they had...almost gave up my position in Pharmacy school to stay there and teach. But the salary of being a pharmacist was really what sealed the deal. I have cried over some of the stories I have heard from my students!!! Some just don't know what some kids do to make it to school and then there are those who could care less. :(

We have lost 2 teachers in the past year because they went back to med school or dental school...a shame! (we needed them to stay)

dogdad
02-05-2007, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
Yes there are....I am for one looking outside the profession for better pay. At least I will be responsible for my job performance...not 23 children who one day may not want to test or can not test because they can not stay focused....due to 'family issues'.
lepfan, I believe teaching is a very noble profession and I have the highest respect for teachers. I believe that our system views test results as a benchmark to measure our teachers. I think it more accurately measures our students rather than our teachers. Example: Greenville ISD is academically low-performing. Highland Park is exemplary. If you switched faculties of these 2 districts, I believe Greenville would still be struggling and HP would still be doing very well. Teachers get the bad rap on this. However, we must persevere. Teachers perform a crucial role in our society. School districts cannot solve the family problems that many kids face today, but throwing in the towel is not an option. I encourage all educators to stop and realize what an essential role you have. All of you have my respect and admiration.

Bandera YaYa
02-05-2007, 01:53 PM
My take is this: I know teaching kids is both frustrating and rewarding. Frankly, I think it shouldn't take that long to become one. I think it can be done in alot less time...but those colleges seem to want you hanging around! I think if you decide you want to be a teacher, then don't gripe about the salary, it's not like you didn't know what the pay was!. It was your decision. I mean you can gripe, but I get tired of hearing it. Frankly, outta all my kids teachers, over the years, I would say only about a handful were worth what they were getting paid....some just didn't put out the effort, I thought. Regardless, if teaching doesn't pay enough and that doesn't fly with you, then do something else for pete's sake. I'm all for anyone and everyone making the most they can....but teachers aren't the only ones out there working hard and being underpaid...and most are working 12 months out of the year, not 9 or 10. Sorry, but this arguement is tired.

DaHop72
02-05-2007, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
My take is this: I know teaching kids is both frustrating and rewarding. Frankly, I think it shouldn't take that long to become one. I think it can be done in alot less time...but those colleges seem to want you hanging around! I think if you decide you want to be a teacher, then don't gripe about the salary, it's not like you didn't know what the pay was!. It was your decision. I mean you can gripe, but I get tired of hearing it. Frankly, outta all my kids teachers, over the years, I would say only about a handful were worth what they were getting paid....some just didn't put out the effort, I thought. Regardless, if teaching doesn't pay enough and that doesn't fly with you, then do something else for pete's sake. I'm all for anyone and everyone making the most they can....but teachers aren't the only ones out there working hard and being underpaid...and most are working 12 months out of the year, not 9 or 10. Sorry, but this arguement is tired. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
02-05-2007, 02:05 PM
I subbed for 2 days....you couldn't PAY me enough to be a teacher!!!!

My hats off to anyone who can stick it out!!

Black_Magic
02-05-2007, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
My take is this: I know teaching kids is both frustrating and rewarding. Frankly, I think it shouldn't take that long to become one. I think it can be done in alot less time...but those colleges seem to want you hanging around! I think if you decide you want to be a teacher, then don't gripe about the salary, it's not like you didn't know what the pay was!. It was your decision. I mean you can gripe, but I get tired of hearing it. Frankly, outta all my kids teachers, over the years, I would say only about a handful were worth what they were getting paid....some just didn't put out the effort, I thought. Regardless, if teaching doesn't pay enough and that doesn't fly with you, then do something else for pete's sake. I'm all for anyone and everyone making the most they can....but teachers aren't the only ones out there working hard and being underpaid...and most are working 12 months out of the year, not 9 or 10. Sorry, but this arguement is tired. It should not take that long ay?? how long?? Funny how we want the best for our kids until you see the cost. then all of a sudden you should be able to get a teacher for the same you get a postal worker regardless of the years of education. :rolleyes: teachers dont work a 8 hour day like the rest of the people in the world. Work goes home and way after hours. 10-11 hours a day is typical. so you take the two months and then average it. It still comes to working just as long as a 40 hour job 5 days a week. clearly you have no clue what your really talking about.

wildstangs
02-06-2007, 08:59 PM
I will be looking for a teaching job in either August or December. Anyone have a list of top school districts to apply at? How about which school districts to stay away from? I notice Houston is starting teachers at $40,000.

bhtrainer
02-06-2007, 09:04 PM
come to BH i think our teachers do ok

kaorder1999
02-06-2007, 09:09 PM
from the other thread I started....

--------------------------------------------------------

Teacher Applicant

After being interviewed
By the school administration,
The eager teaching prospect
Said:
_
"Let me see
If I've got this right.
_You want me to go into that room with all those kids,
And
_
Fill their every waking moment with a love for learning,
And
_
I'm supposed to instill a sense of pride in their ethnicity, modify their disruptive behavior, observe them for signs of abuse and
Even censor their T-shirt messages and dress habits.
You want me to wage a war on drugs and sexually transmitted diseases,
Check their backpacks for weapons of mass destruction, and
Raise their self esteem.
You want me to teach them patriotism, good citizenship, sportsmanship, fair play, how to register to vote,
How to balance a checkbook,
And
_
How to apply for a job.
I am to check their heads for lice, maintain
A safe environment,
Recognize
_
Signs of anti-social behavior, make sure all students pass the state exams,
Even those who don't come to school regularly or
Complete any of their assignments.
Plus,