PDA

View Full Version : Cingular is now AT&T again??

kaorder1999
02-04-2007, 02:44 PM
When did this happen? I just saw a commercial about it!

kaorder1999
02-04-2007, 02:49 PM
I never changed from ATT to Cingular when it changed the last time. Maybe ATT will hook me up for being so loyal! HAHA

Adidas410s
02-05-2007, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
I never changed from ATT to Cingular when it changed the last time. Maybe ATT will hook me up for being so loyal! HAHA

See...now that explains why you aren't charged for some of your texts. You've been working on an old AT&T plan! ;)

Nothing organizationally is changing between the two companies. Remember that they didn't merge together...Cingular took over AT&T Wireless. The same people that were running Cingular ran the combined company...and this time they are just changing the name back to AT&T for "brand unity" purposes. It's still the same people running the show...just with a new name! ;)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-05-2007, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
See...now that explains why you aren't charged for some of your texts. You've been working on an old AT&T plan! ;)

Nothing organizationally is changing between the two companies. Remember that they didn't merge together...Cingular took over AT&T Wireless. The same people that were running Cingular ran the combined company...and this time they are just changing the name back to AT&T for "brand unity" purposes. It's still the same people running the show...just with a new name! ;)

Actually, SBC bought AT&T and took their name. SBC owned Cingular, who is now also taking AT&T's name.

Blastoderm55
02-05-2007, 11:21 AM
Yay for monopolies! :p

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-05-2007, 11:30 AM
More money out of my pocket!!!!!!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-05-2007, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Yay for monopolies! :p

Technically, it's not a monopoly due to the other service providers out there such as Sprint, T-Mobile, Alltell, etc., but it still sucks. Also, I'm pretty sure the government has to approve of corporations merging before it happens, but I'm not positive.

Blastoderm55
02-05-2007, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Technically, it's not a monopoly due to the other service providers out there such as Sprint, T-Mobile, Alltell, etc., but it still sucks. Also, I'm pretty sure the government has to approve of corporations merging before it happens, but I'm not positive.

Just referencing all the Bell company acquisitions made by ATT during the current administration. Another merger that came to mind was the Whirlpool buyout or Maytag and all its brands. That was a big one for the appliance industry. :eek:

LH Panther Mom
02-05-2007, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Yes, they do have to approve......and yes, they did approve it.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-05-2007, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Yes, they do have to approve......and yes, they did approve it.

Ahh, well met. I was pretty sure that was the case, but I didn't want to spew a bunch of BS on there that I wasn't positive about. My dad is an SBC employee for like 33 years, so yeah, naturally I have Cingular and whatnot.