PDA

View Full Version : Texas Aggies vs Texas Longhorns

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-03-2007, 11:59 PM
#8 ATM beats #6 Kanses in Kanses to prove they are for real in Basketball, Texas loses to Kanses state in Austin. The Aggies are all alone at the top of the Dirty Dozen(Big 12) will they beat the Aggies at Reed or will the Aggies get another win over the Longhorns? This will be a Prime Time matchup, on National TV.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-04-2007, 12:37 AM
Fell free to give your opinion also.

Bull19
02-04-2007, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Fell free to give your opinion also.

AS BAD AS I DONT WANNA SAY THIS I HAVE A FEELING IT WILL HAPPEN... AGS LOSE.... I THINK THEY WILL STILL BE CELEBRATING OVER THE KU GAME AND NOT BE FOCUSED.....AFTER AN EMBARRISING LOSE FOR UT THEY WILL BE OUT ON THE PROWL AND LOOKING TO TURN IT AROUND .....WOULD BE A GREAT WIN FOR THEM IF THEY UPSET THE AGS AT REED..........I GOT THE HORNS WINNING BY LESS THAN 10.

Astrosdawg07
02-04-2007, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
AS BAD AS I DONT WANNA SAY THIS I HAVE A FEELING IT WILL HAPPEN... AGS LOSE.... I THINK THEY WILL STILL BE CELEBRATING OVER THE KU GAME AND NOT BE FOCUSED.....AFTER AN EMBARRISING LOSE FOR UT THEY WILL BE OUT ON THE PROWL AND LOOKING TO TURN IT AROUND .....WOULD BE A GREAT WIN FOR THEM IF THEY UPSET THE AGS AT REED..........I GOT THE HORNS WINNING BY LESS THAN 10.

I'm gonna go the other way, I think the Ags will keep it together and beat my beloved horns.

coach
02-04-2007, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
I'm gonna go the other way, I think the Ags will keep it together and beat my beloved horns.

i dont know this could go either way its a rivalry game and texas just came off a bad performance against kansas st and are mad about that......ill take the ags by 6

DU_stud04
02-04-2007, 03:34 PM
abide by the law!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

;)

big daddy russ
02-04-2007, 03:49 PM
Depends on which Texas team shows up. I've only seen them play twice this year, but they looked like two completely different teams.

I'll chalk that up to youth and inexperience, and because of that inconsistency I'll give the advantage to the Ags... but I bet UT will be up for the Aggy game.

awizzy
02-04-2007, 03:59 PM
everyone knows that durant is the boss and is a great player but the key player in this is Abrams the games he plays bad the horns loose...look at the osu game and ksu game as he goes the longhorns go

GreenMachine
02-04-2007, 05:07 PM
Aggies defense is toooooo much for the Longhorns. Aggies will throttle Durant and win by 12. Go Aggies! :thumbsup:

DU_stud04
02-04-2007, 05:13 PM
a&m by 40+....

Gp83
02-04-2007, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
a&m by 40+....
LOL homer alert:clap:

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/1948/3281/138506.png

DU_stud04
02-04-2007, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Gp83
LOL homer alert:clap: hahaha, im bored, leave me alone....we all know uta would beat both teams by 50+ playing back to back..... with only 4 players.... hahaha:D

AggiesAreWe
02-04-2007, 08:05 PM
Aggies by 11 in Reed Arena
Aggies by 4 in Erwin Center

Bulldog_12
02-04-2007, 08:16 PM
Ags win. Durant scored 32 and they still lost. Durant isn't the main focus, its augustin and Abrams. If they are on, they can win.

maestro
02-04-2007, 09:31 PM
hate to say this but....

longhorns sure look " soft"....

and the aggies contest EVERY SINGLE POSSESSION..

eagles_victory
02-04-2007, 10:28 PM
I hate to say it but i have to go with A&M there strong defensively and Texas isnt playing any defense at all. The two X factors Aj Abrams and Carter for A&M the two three point gun slingers both are the ones who make there teams go in the Ags 3 losses Carter has made 1 3 point attempt and shot 14 percent and as awizzy said look at abrams in texas's 2 conference losses but my final prediction

Aggies 70
Longhorns 62

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-04-2007, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Bull19

How much you want to put on the game? I will take the Aggies.

buff4ever
02-04-2007, 10:56 PM
I will be there in maroon and white baby. I hope to see the aggies in a 2 seed in the big tournament at the end of the year. Probably will be more like a 3 seed, but I am going to 2 seed.

Phil C
02-05-2007, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Gp83
LOL homer alert:clap:

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/1948/3281/138506.png

Hey Gp83 your signature will offend many Aggies. It is good to be politically correct.

CHS_CG
02-05-2007, 09:15 AM
I will take my aggies in this one (of course) I have been at this game the past 2 years when UT comes to play A&M at home.. its loud, its packed and A&M brings their A game everytime.. You also have to remember the ags have more at stake than just winning the game, ags havent lost at home in 20 games... the last time we lost was to Kansas in Jan. 06 and we are 15-0 this season. Not to mention we have been UT at home the last 2 years. Should be a great game. Ags win by less than 10.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-05-2007, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Hey Gp83 your signature will offend many Aggies. It is good to be politically correct.

GIG EM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funk-d-fied
02-05-2007, 11:04 AM
Gig Em', doesn't matter who it is, the Aggies are always ready to play at REED.....

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c143/schwabs17/Law_last_three_t600.jpg

3 from the corner, tonight both contenders for Big 12 Player of the Year will be on the same court~!

JasperDog94
02-05-2007, 11:06 AM
No offense, but I think that category only has one name in it.

Funk-d-fied
02-05-2007, 11:11 AM
Yeah Right.....

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c143/schwabs17/KU_looses_leaves_t600.jpg

This Andy Katz guy begs to differ...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/story?columnist=katz_andy&id=2753459

JasperDog94
02-05-2007, 11:16 AM
To me A&M plays great as a team. Texas tends to play like a bunch of individuals with one great superstar. Durant wins this award hands down IMO.

Funk-d-fied
02-05-2007, 11:18 AM
Good opinion, everyone has them. I can see where his numbers put him there. I just like to think that Acie is the best player all around in the league. His leadership, clutch shots, play calling, and not to mention his team is #8 in the country this week with only 3 losses and sits on top of the BIG 12 right now.

JasperDog94
02-05-2007, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Funk-d-fied
Good opinion, everyone has them. I can see where his numbers put him there. I just like to think that Acie is the best player all around in the league. His leadership, clutch shots, play calling, and not to mention his team is #8 in the country this week with only 3 losses and sits on top of the BIG 12 right now. True.

Funk-d-fied
02-05-2007, 11:20 AM
Hey Jasper, isn't this funny, we are talking about them and look what I found....

http://www.big12sports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/020507aaa.html

It's going to be fun tonight!

Congrats to both!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-05-2007, 11:32 AM
Yeah Right.....

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c143/schwabs17/KU_looses_leaves_t600.jpg

This Andy Katz guy begs to differ...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/story?columnist=katz_andy&id=2753459

Nice picture!!!!!!!!!!!!

JasperDog94
02-05-2007, 11:52 AM
Hey Jasper, isn't this funny, we are talking about them and look what I found....

http://www.big12sports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/020507aaa.html

It's going to be fun tonight!

Congrats to both! Way to go guys!:)

buff4ever
02-05-2007, 05:16 PM
I am about to leave for the game, get a little tailgate on before the game.

JasperDog94
02-05-2007, 05:17 PM
Enjoy yourself before the game, because I hope your disappointed by the outcome. I don't think you will be, but I'm hoping.:)

AggieBob
02-05-2007, 05:32 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that Durant gets shut down tonight. The #1 defense in the country will be too much for him.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-05-2007, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by AggieBob
I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that Durant gets shut down tonight. The #1 defense in the country will be too much for him.

Get em Aggies!!!!

Keith7
02-05-2007, 09:14 PM
UNT would whoop them both

mwynn05
02-05-2007, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
UNT would whoop them both lol.....we tried to blow that on saturday not having wooden in teh 2nd half..and getting way to conservative killed us though...almost beat A&M last year probably should have too

Keith7
02-05-2007, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
lol.....we tried to blow that on saturday not having wooden in teh 2nd half..and getting way to conservative killed us though...almost beat A&M last year probably should have too

you're right about getting too conservative, but it was the missed free throws that were killing me.. I hope we carry the momentum of the win with us though for the game against new orleans

it looks like Texas is creeping back into this game

BreckTxLonghorn
02-05-2007, 09:31 PM
From what Ive seen so far, Durant and Law are gonna put on a show tonight. Should turn out to be a great game.

mwynn05
02-05-2007, 09:34 PM
you're right about getting too conservative, but it was the missed free throws that were killing me.. I hope we carry the momentum of the win with us though for the game against new orleans

it looks like Texas is creeping back into this game its not even the conservatism as much as its being too conservative by people pretty much standing around til about 10 or 12 seconds left on the shot clock....you have to start the offense earlier to get a decent shot....and yeah freethrows hurt

JJ7997
02-05-2007, 09:57 PM
These refs need distribute the fouls fairly.....

DU_stud04
02-05-2007, 10:17 PM
UNT would whoop them both haha, whatever....even UTA beats yall :D

Snyder_TigerFan
02-05-2007, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by JJ7997
These refs need distribute the fouls fairly.....

:rolleyes:

Well, if the teams distributed the fouls fairly then the refs might. How do you distribute fouls fairly if one team is fouling much more than the other?

kepdawg
02-05-2007, 10:41 PM
Will somebody for Texas please try to defend the 3!

awizzy
02-05-2007, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Will somebody for Texas please try to defend the 3!
and will some1 from A&M please guard durant...not really let him shoot

Snyder_TigerFan
02-05-2007, 11:28 PM
The Texas defense did not been play well the last couple of minutes. Fatigue maybe?

Texas gave them a good run. The game was closer than the final score shows.

CHS_CG
02-05-2007, 11:35 PM
GREAT GAME AGS!!! Even with foul trouble aggies can pull off one hellva game huh! That Durant is a great player.. there is a big future for him! This has been an awesome weekend with the win in Kansas and now for the 3rd straight year a win over UT at home! Keep it up ags!

District303aPastPlayer
02-05-2007, 11:38 PM
So Bob Huggins has turned around K-State and the Aggies are the class of the Big XII. I picked the Ags to win this game, but damn... they dropped the Bennie on em...

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-06-2007, 09:05 AM
Way to go Aggies, even with the 2nd teamers playing, texas had no answer, Durant is good, but thats all they got, even D Vitel said so, thats all you heard out of D.V was Durant, Durant, Durant, sounded like he was in Love with him!!!!

Texas Who????????

Funk-d-fied
02-06-2007, 09:24 AM
What was really funny was how Coach Barnes was "not to happy" at the press game interview. He was sayign how Reed was NOT the loudest arena and poking fun at the Aggie students and their cheers.... a real class act after getting owned by 18 on national tv with Dickie V. in the building Baby!!!

Txbroadcaster
02-06-2007, 09:28 AM
What was really funny was how Coach Barnes was "not to happy" at the press game interview. He was sayign how Reed was NOT the loudest arena and poking fun at the Aggie students and their cheers.... a real class act after getting owned by 18 on national tv with Dickie V. in the building Baby!!!

Where did he say that at? Only thing I have seen is him saying Law is the most improved player from last year and he chastised his own team for not guarding in the last 5 mins of game

Funk-d-fied
02-06-2007, 09:33 AM
Just listen.....

Don't get mad....

http://www.aggieathletics.com/pressRelease.php?PRID=12338&SID=MBB&fg=1

Funk-d-fied
02-06-2007, 09:35 AM
Even Dickie V. was sawin em off last night!

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c143/schwabs17/2411.jpg

Funk-d-fied
02-06-2007, 09:42 AM
and just to put it out there...

Kevin Durant stat line
9-23 FG(39.1%)
4-8 3pFG
6-10 FT
15 RB
3 Assists

Acie Law
7-11 FG(63.6%)
3-4 3pFG
4-5 FT
3 RB
15 Assists

Txbroadcaster
02-06-2007, 09:49 AM
Just listen.....

Don't get mad....

http://www.aggieathletics.com/pressRelease.php?PRID=12338&SID=MBB&fg=1

Why would I get mad? LOL I was just wanting to read or hear it.

And I think your taken what he said wrong..he was honest and said it was not the loudest...but then goes on and says how great the fans are but they that the team is the reason ATM is doing well..He also gives props to the ATM admin, the coaching staff.

Snyder_TigerFan
02-06-2007, 09:50 AM

Oh lord. He was "not to happy"? Well his team just lost, I would hope that he wasn't happy.

Did you expect him to lie and say that it was the loudest building? Would that have made it better?

Funk-d-fied
02-06-2007, 10:10 AM
LOL, u guys crack me up...

Txbroadcaster
02-06-2007, 10:17 AM
LOL, u guys crack me up...

Why? You make a comment about Barnes class when he praises ATM's team, coach, fans, admin and calls Law one of best players he has seen since being at texas. Yet you take the fact he says it is not the loudest place he has been in and acts like he said something soooo terrible

CHS_CG
02-06-2007, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Why? You make a comment about Barnes class when he praises ATM's team, coach, fans, admin and calls Law one of best players he has seen since being at texas. Yet you take the fact he says it is not the loudest place he has been in and acts like he said something soooo terrible

i dont think he reacted that bad... so what he doesnt think A&M is the loudest place hes played.. who gives a care! The fans know its loud and we know how to have fun with it.. why should anybody, aggie student or aggie fan, give a damn what anybody else thinks?

Funk-d-fied
02-06-2007, 10:23 AM
It isnt that he said Reed was not the loudest building he has been in. Comparing high school cheers with the Aggie yells was nice, huh? He was really aggravated with the crowd. I am not going to get into this again, I just posted my opinion and you replied with yours. I can see where you are coming from. Bottom line- The Aggies played with their bench for most of the game without 2 starters and for a stretch without Acie and still won easily by 18. February 28th will be fun..

CHS_CG
02-06-2007, 10:24 AM
It isnt that he said Reed was not the loudest building he has been in. Comparing high school cheers with the Aggie yells was nice, huh? He was really aggravated with the crowd. I am not going to get into this again, I just posted my opinion and you replied with yours. I can see where you are coming from. Bottom line- The Aggies played with their bench for most of the game without 2 starters and for a stretch without Acie and still won easily by 18. February 28th will be fun..

well said!:clap:

Funk-d-fied
02-06-2007, 10:26 AM
Gig em' Ags!

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c143/schwabs17/mbb-sflss07.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c143/schwabs17/promo-cstv-06texas.jpg

JasperDog94
02-06-2007, 10:39 AM
My thoughts on the game:

1. Texas plays terrible defense. End of story.

2. Durant may be the most talented kid in the country, but Law is the heart and soul of the Aggies. What a player!

3. A&M plays as a team whereas Texas plays like a bunch of Freshman. Go figure. As a horn fan that's very frustrating, but it is what it is. I was hoping that they'd be playing more as a team by this point in the season.

4. A&M is a deep team and they showed it last night.

5. The game was much, much closer than the final score indicated. You're down by 10 with 30 seconds or so to go and you keep fouling? I know that you have to keep trying, but I thought it was a little excessive when the game was already decided.

Congratulations to the Aggies on the past couple of games.

kaorder1999
02-06-2007, 10:40 AM
Texas A&M is officially a basketball school! Awesome!!! Congrats

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-06-2007, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
My thoughts on the game:

2. Durant may be the most talented kid in the country, but Law is the heart and soul of the Aggies.

5. The game was much, much closer than the final score indicated.

Durant is good but not the best, who cares if his boyfriend Dick Vitel said so.
The score would have been worse if the Aggie starters were not on the bench!

KTJ
02-06-2007, 06:08 PM
Good game for the Aggies.

However, I didn't appreciate TexAgs.com calling Kevin Durant the "n-word."

KTJ
02-06-2007, 06:12 PM

You've never heard a Rick Barnes press conference then. Reed isn't the loudest arena he's been in--so what? Who cares? Is he REQUIRED to say that? Is he required to agree with it? Of course not.

Barnes has a lot of sarcasm and it rolls off very well. You're actually the first person (Aggie or not) that I've seen get mad at his post-game comments. Most Aggies I know knew that Barnes was very frustrated and they had no problems with his press conference.

Act like you're a class and just be glad you won the game. No need to make comments like that. Seems like (some) Aggies are acting as if beating UT (with 4 freshmen) means they just won a NC. Good luck the rest of the way.

awizzy
02-06-2007, 06:23 PM
please tell me who is the best then jw....Durant is a great player on a good team A&M is a really good team with a bunch of good players i dont understand why you are upset yall won the game get over the who dick vitel thing

Bull19
02-06-2007, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by awizzy
please tell me who is the best then jw....Durant is a great player on a good team A&M is a really good team with a bunch of good players i dont understand why you are upset yall won the game get over the who dick vitel thing

DURANT IS GOOD , BUT IT WAS GETTING PRETTY OLD WHEN DICKY V. WOULDNT SHUT UP ABOUT HIM. EVERY 3 SECONDS HE'S SAYING HOW GREAT HE HIS.

bulldogman06
02-06-2007, 08:49 PM
After getting owned, he should not be sarcastic. nobody cares if it was the loudest or the quietest, he lost, that should be the point he makes, not, hey, ill get back at em by tellin them that the arena wasnt too good. whatever.

Originally posted by KTJ
You've never heard a Rick Barnes press conference then. Reed isn't the loudest arena he's been in--so what? Who cares? Is he REQUIRED to say that? Is he required to agree with it? Of course not.

Barnes has a lot of sarcasm and it rolls off very well. You're actually the first person (Aggie or not) that I've seen get mad at his post-game comments. Most Aggies I know knew that Barnes was very frustrated and they had no problems with his press conference.

Act like you're a class and just be glad you won the game. No need to make comments like that. Seems like (some) Aggies are acting as if beating UT (with 4 freshmen) means they just won a NC. Good luck the rest of the way.

Bulldog_12
02-06-2007, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Good game for the Aggies.

However, I didn't appreciate TexAgs.com calling Kevin Durant the "n-word."

Texags as a whole did not. One moron did and it was quickly dealt with.

On another note, Durant is the best OFFENSIVE player I have seen in a long time. BUT, the kid plays no D nor does he make an attempt at some times. If he could learn to play a little more aggressive on D he could REALLY be special.

Oh, and on the Barnes thing, I think some people feel that some of his "compliments" were pretty backhanded.

20FAN07
02-06-2007, 10:40 PM

because Texas lost you had to throw in something negative

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-06-2007, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by 20FAN07
because Texas lost you had to throw in something negative

Texas lost to the Aggies in Football, in Austin, and now in Basketball, thats negative allright, to tu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:weeping: :weeping:

CHS_CG
02-06-2007, 11:09 PM
here we go again.. somebody always has to have the last word... something we can all agree on is A&M played a better game than UT did... and that Durant is a very good player.. he would be better if he had a team that made him shine and helped him out...

nobody cares if reed is or isnt the loudest place... aggie fans do their hardest to support the team and do a great job at it. Aggie fans shouldnt look at it as we need to prove to everybody else we are loud, they should care less what other people say.. fans have a great time at the game and thats what matters...

as for yall goin back and forth and back and forth.. its old... aggies won.. durant is a great player ... end of story...

JasperDog94
02-07-2007, 12:41 PM
tu :rolleyes: