PDA

View Full Version : NBA all-star

mchavez
02-03-2007, 11:24 PM
I think it's a bunch of B.S. that Shaq has only played around 6 games and now is a starter at the all-star! Does this annoy anyone else but me?

Adidas410s
02-03-2007, 11:34 PM
agreed...but he's in the East...who would you replace him with?

charlesrixey
02-03-2007, 11:53 PM
this is why there should not be fan-voting in this game, i don't care if it is for the fans. sadly, i wish they would do what baseball does and give home court advantage to the winning conference's champion in the finals. I hate that rule, but maybe it would help some of the crap (like shaq or yao getting voted in every year simply because everyone in china votes for him).

NDFootball
02-04-2007, 12:08 AM
If voters could MJ would still be playing in this game :rolleyes:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-04-2007, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by mchavez
I think it's a bunch of B.S. that Shaq has only played around 6 games and now is a starter at the all-star! Does this annoy anyone else but me?

I agree, he has only played a few and he gets to be a All-Star?

injuredinmelee
02-04-2007, 01:25 AM
we can see that the only thing on the mind of the commisioners office is MONEY.

3afan
02-04-2007, 06:33 AM
the NBA all-star game has gone so far down hill ........ even the player intros, it will be like a bad MTV video

Adidas410s
02-04-2007, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
I hate that rule, but maybe it would help some of the crap (like shaq or yao getting voted in every year simply because everyone in china votes for him).

Have you looked at Yao's numbers this year???

26 points
9.5 rebounds
2 blocks
2 steals

shooting 52.2% FG and 86.7% FT

big daddy russ
02-04-2007, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
the NBA all-star game has gone so far down hill ........ even the player intros, it will be like a bad MTV video
You're right. Reminds me a lot of the Super Bowl.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-04-2007, 10:02 AM

Its getting so bad I dont even watch it!

burnet44
02-04-2007, 10:08 AM
the NBA is terrible
its why we cant win a world title anymore
no one really plays
they just stand around and let people dunk
its kinda like that rouge bunch
who play on tour
loudmouth announcer
not much diferent that WWF

I dont watch or support its sponsors

the super bowl is getting not like the NBA but
because the NFL wants Parity aka medeocrity
its not as big of a game as it was
anyone remember any play from the giants vs ravens??
last years was the penalty bowl
face it
the sb has become as mentioned above about money
its not really about having a real champion
ill watch it as usual
but it has gone downhill too

Bull's-eye
02-04-2007, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
like shaq or yao getting voted in every year simply because everyone in china votes for him).

Yao was the best center last season and definately has the best stats this year. If the fans didn't do the voting, the coaches would of named him the starter. As for as the votes from China, I don't think there are as many as most people think. Internet voting is limited to one vote per day and I can't imagine that too many people from China even follow or could care less about the NBA. Yao does have a huge following from the Chinese population in the USA, but they only make up a small per cent of the average NBA fan.

NDFootball
02-04-2007, 02:30 PM

LOL :clap: