PDA

View Full Version : speaking of football banquets, what does your school do?

dogdad
02-03-2007, 10:00 PM
we've been discussing this at RC lately and I'm wondering what other schools do for a banquet. RC has a banquet for all fall sports combined. Do some of you have a football-only banquet? Is yours held at the high school? Do you have a speaker?

maestro
02-03-2007, 10:04 PM
most high schools at the 3a level have " all-sports " type banquets.

dogdad
02-03-2007, 10:20 PM
I know that most 3A schools do this and we fall into that category, but I'm wanting to know about the schools that don't follow the norm on this.

Adidas410s
02-03-2007, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by maestro

that's what we did at Wylie...it took place in May I think!

NDFootball
02-03-2007, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
that's what we did at Wylie...it took place in May I think!

It was towards the end of April last year...the way the calendar falls it will probably be that way again this year.

tigerpride_08
02-03-2007, 11:08 PM
we have an all-sports banquet too close to the end of school..usually after baseball season because we're the last sport going on...

buff4life
02-04-2007, 02:23 AM
we have a fall athletic banquet and a spring...both at the sons of herman hall and sponsored by the booster club

Snydertigersrul
02-04-2007, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by dogdad
we've been discussing this at RC lately and I'm wondering what other schools do for a banquet. RC has a banquet for all fall sports combined. Do some of you have a football-only banquet? Is yours held at the high school? Do you have a speaker?

At Snyder, we do have a football banquet, usually in the middle of January at a local church's fellowship building. A season highlight video is played, all players are introduced with coaches talking a little about each kid and awards are presented at the end. Seniors decorate individual tables with newspaper clippings, photos, etc. around the room. It really one of the nicest that I've attended.

burnet44
02-04-2007, 10:02 AM
we do ours split

1. the fall sports banquet
fb, xc, vb, cheerleading
2. spring sports
bb, track, baseball, tennis, scooer, softball, powerlifting

works real well

doesnt last 4 ever
unless the vb coach speaks
she went 40 minutes one year
and didnt make the playoffs

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-04-2007, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by burnet44
we do ours split

fb, xc, vb, cheerleading
2. spring sports

works real well

doesnt last 4 ever

40 minutes, I would have had to leave!

LH Panther Mom
02-04-2007, 11:27 AM
Our booster club sponsors two banquets - fall & spring sports. Both have videos - all sports (football, volleyball, cross country, tennis, cheerleading and drill team) & football highlights for the fall, then all sports (basketball, track, powerlifting, tennis, baseball and softball) & basketball highlights for the spring. The coaches speak about their teams and team/individual accomplishments and hand out awards.

swarm
02-04-2007, 12:51 PM
We have a picnic. We go out to a park and let the kids swim, play games. They really like it.

Phil C
02-04-2007, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by maestro

I think that is what they do here in Sinton. Funny that the Sinton GodFather has never been invited to one yet or even if they sell tickets none has ever approached. Strange isn't it? Maybe they feel they see me enough at the games. Oh well.

Go Pirates and Lady Pirates!

:)

This post is intended to be taken tongue in check so to speak.

Pmoney
02-04-2007, 01:39 PM
i dont know how yall sit through an all sports banquet...cause our football(just football) banquet last 3-31/2 Hrs...i just couldnt stand the all sports that would take forever

Haunta Yo
02-04-2007, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by swarm
We have a picnic. We go out to a park and let the kids swim, play games. They really like it.

I like that idea. No one likes banquets anyway and they're always too long.

dogdad
02-04-2007, 05:23 PM
we varied ours a bit this winter
fb, vb, and cross-country all ate together, then each group split off to different sites within the school for awards and recognitions.
It gave a little more time to talk about the kids and time for highlight films.

we have grown to the point where a combined awards function took forever and there was little time to talk about individual players. I think we will soon be to the point where we will need to have a seperate function just for football. and as B44 stated, when you give the microphone to the volleyball coach, there's no telling how long she may talk, lol.

44INAROW
02-04-2007, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
we do ours split

fb, xc, vb, cheerleading
2. spring sports

works real well

doesnt last 4 ever

that's pretty much what we do in Cuero - the "Kickoff Banquet" is held the 1st week of school and the football, volleyball and cross country runners are introduced as well as the coaches and cheerleaders - then we have an end of season banquet the week after the state track meet and state golf tourney (usually) - we've started having videos etc and it's real nice. no speeches usually - just introductions and awards presentations.....