PDA

View Full Version : This Guy Gets Fired?

burnet44
02-03-2007, 09:12 AM
Leavitt hoops coach is fired

By Randy Whitehouse , Staff Writer
Thursday, February 1, 2007 PHOTO GALLERY

Mike Remillard, who coached the Leavitt Hornets to their first and only appearance in the state Class A basketball tournament two years ago, was fired as boys' varsity coach Wednesday.

Remillard said he was dismissed after meeting with Leavitt Area High School Principal Patrick Hartnett and athletic director Doug Conn on Wednesday afternoon. The meeting came one day after an alleged attack after a game at Morse High School in Bath in which he said he was assaulted by the father of one of his players.

"They asked if I wanted to resign, and I refused to resign," Remillard said Wednesday night. "I refused because if I resigned, I was giving up on my kids, and I refuse to give up on my kids."

Hartnett declined comment Wednesday night on whether Remillard had been fired, citing SAD 52 policy.

"I don't comment on any matters that are personnel matters," he said.

Remillard said junior varsity coach Christian Gurney had been named as his successor.

http://www.sunjournal.com/photos/2007/02/01/197224-20024f.jpg

Adidas410s
02-03-2007, 09:41 AM
sounds like somebody's daddy has more power with the admin than the HC. :(

jason
02-03-2007, 10:39 AM
so the parent attacked him?? and he got fired?? theres got to be more to the 'attack' than what is printed in that article

Pmoney
02-03-2007, 10:52 AM
he was fired because at halftime he said to the kids to check their manhood and told them to stick their hands down there to do that

lepfan
02-03-2007, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Pmoney
he was fired because at halftime he said to the kids to check their manhood and told them to stick their hands down there to do that :rolleyes: Even with that being said...it still seems like somebody's daddy is probably ticked about play time... :rolleyes:

JasperDog94
02-03-2007, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by lepfan
:rolleyes: Even with that being said...it still seems like somebody's daddy is probably ticked about play time... :rolleyes: Yeah right. Like that would ever happen...:nerd: :nerd:

Haunta Yo
02-03-2007, 11:27 AM
LEEDS, Maine (AP) - A high school basketball coach was fired after telling his players at halftime to reach into their pants to "check their manhood," administrators said.

Leavitt Area High School Principal Patrick Hartnett said coach Mike Remillard told the varsity boys Jan. 23 that "tonight's game was about who had the biggest (male genitalia) in town."
"He then required his players to all stand up and put their hands down their pants and check their manhood," Hartnett said in the statement, which was read to school board members Thursday by Superintendent Thomas J. Hanson a day after the coach was dismissed.

All but one player followed the coach's instructions, Hartnett said. The team won the game.

Remillard, who was in his fourth season as varsity coach, called the pep talk "normal locker room banter from Fort Kent, Maine, to San Diego, California," but said he still should not have done it.

"Was that tactic appropriate? No. And I'm paying the price for it," Remillard said.

luvhoops34
02-03-2007, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Haunta Yo
LEEDS, Maine (AP) - A high school basketball coach was fired after telling his players at halftime to reach into their pants to "check their manhood," administrators said.

Leavitt Area High School Principal Patrick Hartnett said coach Mike Remillard told the varsity boys Jan. 23 that "tonight's game was about who had the biggest (male genitalia) in town."
"He then required his players to all stand up and put their hands down their pants and check their manhood," Hartnett said in the statement, which was read to school board members Thursday by Superintendent Thomas J. Hanson a day after the coach was dismissed.

All but one player followed the coach's instructions, Hartnett said. The team won the game.

Remillard, who was in his fourth season as varsity coach, called the pep talk "normal locker room banter from Fort Kent, Maine, to San Diego, California," but said he still should not have done it.

"Was that tactic appropriate? No. And I'm paying the price for it," Remillard said.

I fail to see what was so horrible. It was all guys, right? Have any of yall ever heard what is said in locker rooms and on the football field??? It would make your hair curl up and die!:eek:

burnet44
02-03-2007, 12:32 PM
different school

HM33
02-03-2007, 01:50 PM
WoW what a stupid way to get fired. In my opinion that would have got my attention and pushed me to play harder. So stupid that he got fired for being a coach. A lot of coaches use things like that. I like it when they do that sort of thing.

charlesrixey
02-03-2007, 02:29 PM
there are worse things that happen all across the country every day in gyms that go unpunished.

NDFootball
02-03-2007, 05:34 PM
Things like this make me sick. Anyone who said the coach did something wrong has never played any sports at all, they were the ones getting stuffed in trash cans when they were in school. I wish the coach success in the future.

dogdad
02-03-2007, 06:47 PM
I think he's nuts, but I do suppose it took balls to do what he did

bobcat1
02-04-2007, 06:28 AM
Maybe this will help solve this. (Just thinking out loud) I bet little Johnny didn't check himself and Little Johnny probably sits all but the last minute of the game every game and went home and told Daddy who used that as an excuse to assault the coach when he really was mad all along because of little Johnny's playing time. He assaults the coach. Then goes to the school board and tells them there will be a lawsuit if the coach is not fired. That coach should have just whipped his arse really good and then resigned. :thinking:

Ranger Mom
02-04-2007, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by dogdad
I think he's nuts, but I do suppose it took balls to do what he did

ROFL!! :clap: :clap:

Now I can start my day in a good mood!!

lepfan
02-04-2007, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Haunta Yo

The team won the game.

It worked ...