PDA

View Full Version : Making a case for Norv Turner

kepdawg
02-02-2007, 12:14 PM
Hansen Unplugged (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/VideoPlayer/videoPlayer.php?vidId=117971&catId=312)

Macarthur
02-02-2007, 02:13 PM
Hansen makes a valid point.

If I can't have Fisher, which is my first choice, Turner would probably be the next best option, IMO. Especially, if he can bring Rivera with him as DC.

Back to Hansen, he's entertaining, but he has a giant ego. BTW, why did he start wearing ties all the sudden? He's used to never wear a tie; now he wears one every night.

kepdawg
02-02-2007, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
Hansen makes a valid point.

If I can't have Fisher, which is my first choice, Turner would probably be the next best option, IMO. Especially, if he can bring Rivera with him as DC.

Back to Hansen, he's entertaining, but he has a giant ego. BTW, why did he start wearing ties all the sudden? He's used to never wear a tie; now he wears one every night.

Supposedly he recently hired a stylist. He does have a giant ego, but so do half the other sports personalities in DFW.

kaorder1999
02-02-2007, 02:25 PM
im tired of sport media personalities that think they know who is best for this job or any coaching job. Dale Hansen said yesterday on his radio show that he doesn't think that Applewhite is ready to be a coord. How the hell does he know? He has NEVER once seen him coach. He has never sat down with Applewhite and talked x's and o's or philosophies. What right does he have to say he isnt ready?

burnet44
02-02-2007, 02:35 PM
sports casters
do what they do
broadcast the sports
you know the Cowboys won 24-14
Romo had 245 yards passing

thats it

they dont watch a scrap of film
do any gameplanning

what is so funny is
they get so mad when athletes take their place in the booth
yeah they played, they have a clue, except Irvin

Ill take John Elway over any so called know it all
sportscaster any day

Elway knows
Hansen didnt play during "The Drive"

the rest of them are just for entertainment
PTI is funny I like that show
but to actually think they KNOW FB

uhhhhhhhhhhh no

about like I know TV

uhhhhhhhhhhhh no

feafef

kaorder1999
02-02-2007, 04:36 PM
I can listen to John Madden even though he can get annoying as hell but he knows the game of football. I cant stand hearing sorts anchors talk about who is qualified and who isnt!! It makes me mad!!!! :D

Chris Hart
02-02-2007, 11:04 PM
I would love for Norv Turner to become the OC again, but not HC. I am sooooo hoping they can land Ron Rivera as the HC. IMO he is the man for the job. Not only will he make an AWESOME defense out of the plethora of talent Dallas has on defense, but he brings a hunger that the other candidates do not. He hasn't been a HC before, and will bring a hunger to the Cowboys at HC that they haven't had since Jimmy Johnson arrived at Valley Ranch. Wade Phillips and Norv Turner have been HCs before and their mediocre tenures never seemed to bother them. The Boys need a fresh coach that will allow the personalities of the players to exude like Jimmy Johnson did with Michael Irvin, Charles Haley, Eric Williams, James Washington and Kenny Gant, not an old stalwart that will try to make them keep their confident personalities in check. Let it translate into breeding confidence amongst the entire team, then you create a team with a swagger, something the Boys haven't had since Johnson left. IMO, Rivera will bring this to Dallas, and the Boys will come close to duplicating their success of the Jimmy Johnson era in the next 5-6 years if Jerry Jones will make the hire. Turner and Phillips are great coordinators, but neither has the leadership ability or charisma to take the Boys to the next level. I think Mike Singletary would be a better fit than either of those two. If Rivera doesn't get it, I hope Singletary does...

NDFootball
02-02-2007, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
I would love for Norv Turner to become the OC again, but not HC. I am sooooo hoping they can land Ron Rivera as the HC. IMO he is the man for the job. Not only will he make an AWESOME defense out of the plethora of talent Dallas has on defense, but he brings a hunger that the other candidates do not. He hasn't been a HC before, and will bring a hunger to the Cowboys at HC that they haven't had since Jimmy Johnson arrived at Valley Ranch. Wade Phillips and Norv Turner have been HCs before and their mediocre tenures never seemed to bother them. The Boys need a fresh coach that will allow the personalities of the players to exude like Jimmy Johnson did with Michael Irvin, Charles Haley, Eric Williams, James Washington and Kenny Gant, not an old stalwart that will try to make them keep their confident personalities in check. Let it translate into breeding confidence amongst the entire team, then you create a team with a swagger, something the Boys haven't had since Johnson left. IMO, Rivera will bring this to Dallas, and the Boys will come close to duplicating their success of the Jimmy Johnson era in the next 5-6 years if Jerry Jones will make the hire. Turner and Phillips are great coordinators, but neither has the leadership ability or charisma to take the Boys to the next level. I think Mike Singletary would be a better fit than either of those two. If Rivera doesn't get it, I hope Singletary does...

Interesting post :thinking:

Norv wouldn't come back as just OC though because what would they do with Garrett after that?

Chris Hart
02-02-2007, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by NDFootball
Interesting post :thinking:

Norv wouldn't come back as just OC though because what would they do with Garrett after that? Yeah, I don't figure they would replace Garrett with Turner after just making the hire, but I was just saying Norv Turner as OC in Dallas with the present talent, just has explosive all over it. I personally don't know if the Garrett hire was a good one or not, but, hopefully Jerry knows something I don't about Garrett and that he will do great things with the offense. I hope he's that diamond in the rough so to speak, I always admired him during his playing days in Dallas. I had never seen a 3rd string QB that was so into the games each and every week like Garrett was, I haven't seen it since either. As intent as he was to learn, he may have the tools to be a good OC. I just want the Cowboys to be allowed to perform confidently on and off the field and bring that mystique back to America's Team.:)