PDA

View Full Version : I need a west texas weather report

lostaussie
02-01-2007, 09:09 PM
going to Quanah in the morning. can I get there?

Ranger Mom
02-01-2007, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
going to Quanah in the morning. can I get there?

I don't know where Quanah is.......but it is cold and drizzly in Midland right now!

GetRDoneStangs
02-01-2007, 09:27 PM
Right now is ok..could be a little snow moving in overnite...

from weatherunderground...

Now
regional weather discussion... Areas of snow flurries to very light snow will continue to fall across parts of Oklahoma and western North Texas through 9 PM. Despite the light to no precipitation... drivers should continue to exercise caution due to roadways that may be slick spots from the earlier snowfall. Meanwhile... another round of snow will develop later this evening and continue overnight into Friday as another storm system moves across the Southern Plains. Areas of snow have begun to develop to the west this evening and will move east across Oklahoma and western North Texas later tonight into Friday. Accumulations of 1 to 3 inches will be possible across parts of western...central... and southern Oklahoma... and western North Texas.
Tonight
Cloudy with snow likely or chance of light freezing drizzle. Snow accumulation around 2 inches. Lows in the mid 20s. Northeast winds around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

Friday
Cloudy. Snow likely in the morning...then chance of snow in the afternoon. Snow accumulation up to 1 inch. Total snow accumulation 2 to 3 inches. Highs in the lower 30s. Northeast winds around 10 mph shifting to the east in the afternoon. Gusts up to 30 mph. Chance of snow 60 percent.
» ZIP Code Detail

This area is a tad north of that..not much!

lostaussie
02-01-2007, 09:30 PM
west bound and down..............all sounds good to me:)

Pmoney
02-01-2007, 09:30 PM
i know this has nothing to do with what you need but its SNOWING in Snyder

lostaussie
02-01-2007, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
i know this has nothing to do with what you need but its SNOWING in Snyder make it stop:(

GetRDoneStangs
02-01-2007, 09:32 PM
Just watch out for those "idiots":D :D :D

They will be out there!

c-town_balla
02-01-2007, 09:40 PM
well if the weather gets to bad there is a nice tornado shelter on that main highway.....looks like a big rest stop.....nice stuff

olddawggreen
02-01-2007, 09:44 PM
TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION TRAFFIC WEATHER 1800452-9292 or www.texdot.gov

D_bird
02-01-2007, 10:15 PM
Just heard on the news that the Ft. Worth NWS will issue a winter weather advisory for the snow that is moving in from West Texas overnight

Pmoney
02-01-2007, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
make it stop:(
o it did after about 30 mins