PDA

View Full Version : Merkel 31 Seminole 18

wildstangs
10-11-2003, 01:06 AM
Badgers get the win in a crucial district game. Lots of folks say this is the year Merkel breaks the streak.

Knightmoon
10-11-2003, 09:43 AM
Merkel needed the win. They played a good 1st half, but got really sloppy in the 2nd half. Merkel had better figure a few things out before making the trip to Snyder next week. Merkel had an interception and 4 fumbles. They also had 93 yards in penalties. They only converted 1 of 5 extra points. They can't make those mistakes against Snyder and win the game. On a more positive note, they had 467 yards offense with 339 yards rushing. I thought that was good because Seminole's defensive line is absolutley huge. Merkel's defense only gave up 57 yards rushing and 163 yards total. We will take the win, I just hope they tighten their game up. Good Game Badgers!!!

and....Go Clyde Bulldogs--upsetting the Wylie Bulldogs to snap a 22 game district winning streak. I never saw that one coming.

pero chato
10-11-2003, 03:23 PM
I think this is indeed the year Merkel gets to the playoffs. Ya'll have built a good program the last few years. A few tweaks here and there and you'll make a long run in the playoffs. Good luck!

wildstangs
10-11-2003, 03:34 PM
pero chato:
I think this is indeed the year Merkel gets to the playoffs. Ya'll have built a good program the last few years. A few tweaks here and there and you'll make a long run in the playoffs. Good luck!I think they will get in the playoffs, but I see them playing Greenwood in the first round. One and done.