PDA

View Full Version : Brazoria county teens in trouble......

luvhoops34
01-31-2007, 07:14 PM
over a video one of them posted on Myspace, showing two pit bulls attacking and killing a house cat. Someone saw the video and turned them in to police.

The two teens, one 16 and the other 17, said they were proud of their dogs and not ashamed of the video. Hummmm

I wonder which Brazoria county schools these two idiots go to?

Carter, do you know?

Txbroadcaster
01-31-2007, 07:18 PM
wow..PROUD...Man that is sad.

carter08
01-31-2007, 07:21 PM
I heard Angleton

luvhoops34
01-31-2007, 07:34 PM
Here's the article from thefacts.com. A newspaper in Clute.

Dogs seized amid animal cruelty probe

By John Tompkins
The Facts

Published January 31, 2007

ANGLETON — A feeling of repulsion came over Janet Keleher as she watched a video on a teenager’s MySpace page Sunday, she said.

When she saw messages on a Yahoo! chat group asking what could be done about the video, she immediately went to the page to see it.

If you go to www.myspace.

com/pauldaiceman, you will see a notice stating the site is invalid. When Keleher visited that site Sunday, she said she saw something different.

Keleher, 37, of Burt, N.Y., called Angleton police and said there was a video of a pit bull mauling a cat on the popular community Web site, officers said.

“It’s quite disturbing with someone so young,” Keleher said. “I was frustrated because I knew the dog was going to pay the price.”

The video, which was not available on the site late Tuesday, shows a brown pit bull dog attacking an orange stray cat. The cat is tied to the bumper of a truck while the dog continues to bite at its neck until the cat stops moving.

“The cat was tied to the bed of the truck,” Angleton Police Detective Stephanie Kohls said. “It couldn’t go anywhere. Anybody could have watched (the video). Any 10-year-old could have looked at that.”

Kohls happened to be answering the phone Sunday, and when she saw the video, she instantly recognized the front yard. It was the same front yard where she maced a teenage boy a few years ago, she said.

Keleher knew to call Angleton police because the Web page indicated the teen was from Angleton, Kohls said.

Two teens who are seen briefly in the video are being sought by Angleton police officers for questioning. The two teens who allegedly shot the video and posted it on the Web site could face animal cruelty charges because they allowed the two animals to fight, Kohls said. Animal cruelty is a state jail felony with a punishment range of 180 days to two years in prison.

On Tuesday afternoon, Kohls went to the house in the 900 block of Walker Street in Angleton to serve a civil warrant to pick up two pit bulls that were chained to the ground in the back yard. However, the two teens sought in connection with posting the video were not there.

The cat’s body was found in a pile of brush a few yards behind the 7-year-old’s home Tuesday afternoon. Cruelty investigators with the Houston Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals took the cat’s body as evidence, said Heidi Brasher, community outreach manager for the Houston SPCA.

“Anytime you allow two animals to fight,” it is animal cruelty, Kohls said.

Two pit bulls, one of which was believed to be in the video, were taken into custody by SPCA officials as camera crews from a Houston television station and Animal Planet’s “Houston Animal Cops” program recorded.

The dog in the video is a one-year-old pit bull named Brooke that was given to the 17-year-old on his birthday three weeks ago, Kohls said. The video of the attack was made Thursday, she said.

Another female pit bull puppy named Coco also was taken into custody by the SPCA. There will be a hearing in 10 days to determine the fate of both animals, Brasher said.

A county court-at-law judge, who likely will view the video before determining what will happen to the animals, could decide to have the pit bull euthanized, given back to the family or given to the SPCA, Brasher said.

The woman who originally reported the site to police said she did not want the dog to die because of what happened.

“I hope they don’t put the animals to sleep because their owner is an idiot,” Keleher said.

The 14-year-old sister of one of the teens believed to have made the video said she saw the attack when it was recorded and thought it was a bad idea to publish it on his site.

“I thought it was a big deal,” she said.

MySpace is a Web site that allows users to post their pictures and videos to share with other users. A representative from the site could not be reached late Tuesday.

Under the terms and conditions of MySpace, users are not allowed to put up videos or images of unlawful activity.

John Tompkins is a reporter for The Facts. Contact him at (979) 849-8581.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IHStangFan
01-31-2007, 09:46 PM
This kinda crap makes me sick to my stomach, I'm not a huge cat guy, nor a huge dog guy...but if I saw two pits attacking ANYTHING in my neighborhood, cat, another dog, WHATEVER...I would not hesitate to walk out and pop them both in the head w/a .40cal hollow point in front of the owner.....my logic is....that cat could very easily be a small child.

piratebg
01-31-2007, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
This kinda crap makes me sick to my stomach, I'm not a huge cat guy, nor a huge dog guy...but if I saw two pits attacking ANYTHING in my neighborhood, cat, another dog, WHATEVER...I would not hesitate to walk out and pop them both in the head w/a .40cal hollow point in front of the owner.....my logic is....that cat could very easily be a small child.

I'm with ya on that one IHStangFan. I hate pit bulls. :mad:

luvhoops34
01-31-2007, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan

Pit bulls get a bad rap because of idiots like these in Angleton.

Gotta love those .40 cal hollow points! That's what I keep in my Glock, locked and loaded...:D

luvhoops34
01-31-2007, 10:14 PM
Come to think of it, if I had tied a cat, or any other animal to the bumper of my truck and turned my cow dogs loose on it, they would have killed whatever it was, too.

It's really a shame there isn't a stiffer penalty for those two mo-rons from Angleton.

Gobbla2001
01-31-2007, 10:21 PM
... Brazoria County? atleast they didn't say the N word...

seriously though... that's rude...

I was up in Deleware in '03... saw a cat attacking a squirrel... I went and kicked the cat off of it... hated to see that... I hadn't eaten in three days, that little squirrel was tasty...

Uncle Buck
01-31-2007, 10:23 PM
mmmmm...................Squirrel

carter08
01-31-2007, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
... Brazoria County? atleast they didn't say the N word...

The mayor changed his mind

The N word is still allowed

Gobbla2001
01-31-2007, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by carter08
The mayor changed his mind

The N word is still allowed

good... everyone should be able to use the word Nice...

MHSvarsity2007
02-01-2007, 12:08 AM
i hate people that do crap like this. you have NO heart if you wish to watch//film//influence animals to attack eacother. it is digusting and degrading. what kind of pleasure could somebody possibly get by watching a harmless cat being mauled by a 2 pit bull dogs while chained to a bumper...honestly...those guys need to rot in a prison cell. 180 days - 2 years is a slap on the hand they're just going to be doing it again when they get out. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ranger Mom
02-01-2007, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by luvhoops34

The 14-year-old sister of one of the teens believed to have made the video said she saw the attack when it was recorded and thought it was a bad idea to publish it on his site.

“I thought it was a big deal,” she said.

She said she thought it was a bad idea to publish it on his myspace, but no mention that she thought it was a bad idea to tie a defenseless cat to a bumper and let loose 2 pit bulls on it.:eek:

I am sitting here this typing this with my cat in my lap and can't even imagine that poor cat's terror.

**For some reason after I typed that, I had a flashback to the old Tonight's Show, Johnny Carson and Zsa Zsa Gabor interview!! :D

olddawggreen
02-01-2007, 09:17 AM
Unfortunately, the sentences that these guys might get, won't get near as harsh as it should be. I spit on these punks, heres the kind of justice that slime like this should get, and will understand.:mad: :mad:

http://img316.imageshack.us/img316/7839/caning2gx4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

kaorder1999
02-01-2007, 09:22 AM
For punishment they need to tie the kids to a bumper of a car or tail gate of a truck and let Rosie O'Donnell attack them....thats a punishment! But in all seriousness...they should be punished heavily for this. People who can do this rarely become productive citizens in our society!

pirate4state
02-01-2007, 09:56 AM
Animal mutilation leads to bigger things. I mean that's in the serial killer manual.

Even though I am not a fan of cats this is just sick & distrubing and those two need to undergo serious mental evulation. :crazy1:

IHStangFan
02-07-2007, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
Pit bulls get a bad rap because of idiots like these in Angleton.

Gotta love those .40 cal hollow points! That's what I keep in my Glock, locked and loaded...:D yup, I understand ya there....9 times out of 10 its the owners....BUT...that being said...these dogs are/were bred for one purpose....there is a reason they have the "equipment" to do the job....I'm not a huge fan of them, or any other pet that doesnt serve a logical purpose for that matter. I have a cat that I picked up to cut down on the scorpion population around the house in Arizona...it worked...I have a dauchsand that I inhiereted from my mother, he has been seen digging up rats from under the barn, moles, etc. so he serves a purpose....we have a cattle dog...as we lived on a large cattle ranch in Arizona...all of my pets serve a purpose....otherwise I would not have them. A pit to me...serves no puropse whatsoever. Other types of pets I don't understand....snakes, lizards, etc. SO...whatever came of these two teens? Any new news?