PDA

View Full Version : Chilifest 2007 Lineup

Adidas410s
01-31-2007, 05:02 PM
Willie Nelson, Cross Canadian Ragweed, Pat Green, Aaron Watson, & TBA. The TBA rumor is Roger Creager! ;)

CHS_CG
01-31-2007, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Willie Nelson, Cross Canadian Ragweed, Pat Green, Aaron Watson, & TBA. The TBA rumor is Roger Creager! ;)

where did u get your info??? the chilifest website doesnt even have it up yet??

Gobbla2001
01-31-2007, 05:13 PM
connections

Creager = the best live showS I've ever seen...

Adidas410s
01-31-2007, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
where did u get your info??? the chilifest website doesnt even have it up yet??

My info is better than yours! :tongue::tongue::tongue:

CHS_CG
01-31-2007, 05:21 PM
My info is better than yours! :tongue::tongue::tongue:

ok smart ass.. how much is the entry fee and how many people do u have to have on a team.. i need that info too!

Adidas410s
01-31-2007, 05:22 PM
ok smart ass.. how much is the entry fee and how many people do u have to have on a team.. i need that info too!

IDK...that part doesn't concern me. I'm only concerned with the show lineup.

CHS_CG
01-31-2007, 05:24 PM
IDK...that part doesn't concern me. I'm only concerned with the show lineup.

you coming down for the show? I would be nice if Reckless Kelly would play.. RRB, RK, CCR, AW and KF... that would be awesome right there!

Adidas410s
01-31-2007, 05:28 PM
you coming down for the show? I would be nice if Reckless Kelly would play.. RRB, RK, CCR, AW and KF... that would be awesome right there!

CCR still needs to find a bridge and jump...

We're probably going to come for either Chilifest or the show on April 14th:

2007 Ducks Unlimited Show, April 14, 2007 @ Wolf Pen Creek Ampitheatre

Randy Rogers Band
Reckless Kelly
Wade Bowen
Micky & the Motorcars
Rich O'Toole

Tickets are $20 advance and $25 DOS

CHS_CG
01-31-2007, 05:35 PM

Randy Rogers Band
Reckless Kelly
Wade Bowen
Micky & the Motorcars
Rich O'Toole

imma go to that also but i am gunna have to bring ear plugs for rich o'toole.. i cant stand that guy!

Adidas410s
01-31-2007, 05:37 PM
imma go to that also but i am gunna have to bring ear plugs for rich o'toole.. i cant stand that guy!
that part is called "stay and tailgate a bit longer"

That show is also the same day as the maroon & white game...so I may go to part of the game and then to the concert.

Adidas410s
01-31-2007, 05:38 PM

oh...and Fowler can drive the CCR bus off the cliff! ;)

CHS_CG
01-31-2007, 05:38 PM
oh...and Fowler can drive the CCR bus off the cliff! ;)

my friends and i would be the groupies following lol

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-31-2007, 05:39 PM

Randy Rogers Band
Reckless Kelly
Wade Bowen
Micky & the Motorcars
Rich O'Toole

I think I'd rather see the Ducks Unlimited Show.

Adidas410s
01-31-2007, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
I think I'd rather see the Ducks Unlimited Show.

me too...

Bull19
01-31-2007, 05:44 PM
WHY THE NEGATIVITY TOWARDS CCR? RRB ISNT THAT GOOD, MIDEOKER VOCALS WITH MIDEOKER MUSCIANSHIP. AND A ALRIGHT SHOW. CCR HAS ONE OF THE BEST BASS PLAYERS IN THE SOUTHERN U.S. AND THEY PUT ON A VERY ENTERTAINING SHOW. THE #'S SHOW IT.

Adidas410s
01-31-2007, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
WHY THE NEGATIVITY TOWARDS CCR? RRB ISNT THAT GOOD, MIDEOKER VOCALS WITH MIDEOKER MUSCIANSHIP. AND A ALRIGHT SHOW. CCR HAS ONE OF THE BEST BASS PLAYERS IN THE SOUTHERN U.S. AND THEY PUT ON A VERY ENTERTAINING SHOW. THE #'S SHOW IT.
CCR is very musically boring. They take the same chord progressions and rhythms and a) write new fillers, riffs, and licks into the transition spots and b) obviously write new lyrics as well. The live show isn't bad...I just always find myself getting lost in the monotonous music. I will agree that they have an excellent bass player. The same can be said for Brady Black of RRB...he's one of the best fiddle players around.

What #'s are you talking about??? The ones where CCR has been around for close to 10 years and RRB about 3 1/2??? One little random # to throw out to ya...RRB has sold out Billy Bob's more times in the past 18 months than CCR has over their entire career. An even better comparison is that they both did a CD release party (on a Tuesday night) at BB's. CCR's show filled up about 90% of reserved and 75% of GA. RRB's show filled up both reserved and GA...and they ended up turning away over 500 people. I had friends that were in line for close to 2 hrs just trying to get in...and they missed most of the RRB show.

CCR's growth has peaked...RRB is still growing and has a lot of room that they can possibly grow. They're also gaining a lot national exposure than CCR ever had.

carter08
01-31-2007, 05:56 PM
CCR HAS ONE OF THE BEST BASS PLAYERS IN THE SOUTHERN U.S. AND THEY PUT ON A VERY ENTERTAINING SHOW. THE #'S SHOW IT.

I'm actually going to agree with you

Anyway

Chilifest: Already seen CCR twice, Creager twice, and Willie once. Pat Green is alright, and I really don't care if I see Watson.

The Du show: Never seen RRb, saw Reckless twice, Mickey once, Wade once, never seen O' Toole, never even heard of O' Toole.

I have family in Snook if i were to go to Chilifest. I would rather see it.

Bull19
01-31-2007, 06:01 PM
The same can be said for Brady Black of RRB...he's one of the best fiddle players around.

CCR's growth has peaked...RRB is still growing and has a lot of room that they can possibly grow. They're also gaining a lot national exposure than CCR ever had.

BLACK IS GOOD,, BUT I WOULDNT CLASSIFY HIM AS ONE OF THE BEST AROUND. LISTEN TO THE BILLY BOBS CD,,, SO MANY MISSED NOTES IT ALMOST MADE ME WANNA VOMMIT. FAR AS NATIONAL EXPOSRE,,, NO THATS INCORRECT. THEY HAVE HAD ONE SINGAL OUT NATIONALLY AND IT DID MIDOKER. HAVENT HEARD TOO MUCH NATIONALLY BOUT ANY OTHER SONGS....RAGWEED ON THE OTHER HAND HAD SICK AND TIRED WHICH MADE IT TO #1 ON CMT TOP 20 COUNTDOWN AND HAD FIGHTIN FOR WAS LIKE 35 OR SO ON BILLBOARD. ALABAMA ALSO MAKE TOP 20 COUNTDOWN,,, LIKE #17 IT PEAKED.

Adidas410s
01-31-2007, 07:37 PM
BLACK IS GOOD,, BUT I WOULDNT CLASSIFY HIM AS ONE OF THE BEST AROUND. LISTEN TO THE BILLY BOBS CD,,, SO MANY MISSED NOTES IT ALMOST MADE ME WANNA VOMMIT. FAR AS NATIONAL EXPOSRE,,, NO THATS INCORRECT. THEY HAVE HAD ONE SINGAL OUT NATIONALLY AND IT DID MIDOKER. HAVENT HEARD TOO MUCH NATIONALLY BOUT ANY OTHER SONGS....RAGWEED ON THE OTHER HAND HAD SICK AND TIRED WHICH MADE IT TO #1 ON CMT TOP 20 COUNTDOWN AND HAD FIGHTIN FOR WAS LIKE 35 OR SO ON BILLBOARD. ALABAMA ALSO MAKE TOP 20 COUNTDOWN,,, LIKE #17 IT PEAKED.
What songs on the BB's album are you talking to? I'll have to go back and listen to it...one thing to point out though is that was recorded 2 years ago on 1/19/05.

RRB is 1 for 1 on natoinally released songs. KMITD got to 37 or 38 on the BB charts (40 on the R&R). Additionally, the video has been a Top 10 video on CMT and GAC as well as #1 on CMT's Wide Open Country segment for many weeks. RRB has received a lot of exposure on CMT through other programs that they've been featured on as well as on the AT&T blue room. Heck...they are now added into the regular music loop in all wal-mart stores across the country. Also, TNTN from the Rollercoaster album reached 41 on both charts with NO national push. The exposure comes from the record label...and Mercury is doing a great job for RRB because their top execs really believe in the band. CCR is getting the same type of half-assed love from Universal South that PG got. They said,"we'll get the albums distributed nationally...but that's about it." :(

charlesrixey
01-31-2007, 08:08 PM
what is pat green up to these days? not a lot of playtime out here on the east coast.

Gobbla2001
01-31-2007, 09:47 PM
Angus Young could be in Cross Canadian Ragweed right now (Not CCR), but if they still did the same ole crap like they do it'd sill be boring (unless you like watching little guys in daisy-dukes doing the "Chuck Berry" across the stage)...

Rag - Great bass player
RRB - pretty good bass player

Rag - Great drummer
RRB - Great drummer

Rag - Great rhytm player
RRB - RR himself isn't too bad, but for sure, nod to Rag

Rag - Pretty good lead player
RRB - greatttt lead player

Rag - Good singer
RRB - Good singer

Rag - No Fiddle player
RRB - Great fiddle player

The fact is that these bands, though damn near equal in musical talent, play different styles of music, so it's hard to compare in the first place...

I like more of RRB's stuff, but I still like some of Rag...

Survey says:

Gobbla2001 could care less, the band in his signature is the greatest thing since message board signatures...

AND THE NEXT TIME KINKY RUNS FOR GOVERNER, DON'T TURN THE FREAKIN' SHOW INTO A KINKY CAMPAIGN TRAIL EVENT...

PLAY THE FREAKIN' MUSIC AND KEEP YOUR "GOTTA SUCK UP TO WILLIE" CRAP ON THE BUS....

Gobbla2001
01-31-2007, 09:53 PM
That Rich Tool dude's lead player is freaky... does solo's with his tongue and stuff... musta had lolly-pop flavored strings or something...

Gobbla2001
01-31-2007, 09:55 PM
Fowler... he's a nice guy, really is...

but has he ever even heard a hound-dog bark, howling at the full moon light?

The dude was in a freakin' punk band before he went "stereotypical country"...

like I said though, he is pretty nice...

Adidas410s
01-31-2007, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Angus Young could be in Cross Canadian Ragweed right now (Not CCR), but if they still did the same ole crap like they do it'd sill be boring (unless you like watching little guys in daisy-dukes doing the "Chuck Berry" across the stage)...

Rag - Great bass player
RRB - pretty good bass player

Rag - Great drummer
RRB - Great drummer

Rag - Great rhytm player
RRB - RR himself isn't too bad, but for sure, nod to Rag

Rag - Pretty good lead player
RRB - greatttt lead player

Rag - Good singer
RRB - Good singer

Rag - No Fiddle player
RRB - Great fiddle player

The fact is that these bands, though damn near equal in musical talent, play different styles of music, so it's hard to compare in the first place...

I like more of RRB's stuff, but I still like some of Rag...

Survey says:

Gobbla2001 could care less, the band in his signature is the greatest thing since message board signatures...

AND THE NEXT TIME KINKY RUNS FOR GOVERNER, DON'T TURN THE FREAKIN' SHOW INTO A KINKY CAMPAIGN TRAIL EVENT...

PLAY THE FREAKIN' MUSIC AND KEEP YOUR "GOTTA SUCK UP TO WILLIE" CRAP ON THE BUS....

I agree with the analysis...but with one exception. Neither band has that great of a drummer. Les Lawless for RRB has started to show some improvement over the psat year but there's still a lot to be desired from both players in my "used to be expert opinion."

Gobbla2001
01-31-2007, 09:58 PM
I agree with the analysis...but with one exception. Neither band has that great of a drummer. Les Lawless for RRB has started to show some improvement over the psat year but there's still a lot to be desired from both players in my "used to be expert opinion."

the deal is that they're in Texas Music... I think they're pretty good for the music they play... so I just gave 'em both great...

but I do see your point...

the best drummer in Texas Music, in my opinion, is the afro-man from Bleu Edmondson Band...

Adidas410s
01-31-2007, 10:02 PM
the deal is that they're in Texas Music... I think they're pretty good for the music they play... so I just gave 'em both great...

but I do see your point...

the best drummer in Texas Music, in my opinion, is the afro-man from Bleu Edmondson Band...

yeah...there's not a lot of opportunity for creativity in this style of music. Then again...look at what Carter Beauford does for DMB. There are plenty of bands that play similar music to them with bland drummers. Carter has the imagination though to make technically superior playing fit perfectly into the style. What's even scarier is that he plays the same song different virtually every time that they play it.

In the Texas Music scene...I would give the award to either the BEB guy or Justin Pollard with PG. As much as I get tired of hearing Bleu (kinda reminds of CCR...but with very little musical growth)...I can always make it through a show by taking in what is going on from the kit.

Adidas410s
01-31-2007, 10:03 PM
Fowler... he's a nice guy, really is...

but has he ever even heard a hound-dog bark, howling at the full moon light?

The dude was in a freakin' punk band before he went "stereotypical country"...

like I said though, he is pretty nice...

thank you...thank you...thank you...:clap: :clap: :clap:

Gobbla2001
01-31-2007, 10:06 PM

In the Texas Music scene...I would give the award to either the BEB guy or Justin Pollard with PG. As much as I get tired of hearing Bleu (kinda reminds of CCR...but with very little musical growth)...I can always make it through a show by taking in what is going on from the kit.

as far as BEB, Dicky Avants, the bass player, was the best in Texas Music... not for the style, but the dude was wicked good (and I'm not just talkin' about how he jumped off of speakers and stuff)...

he just left the band recently and is going back to his roots, the emo stuff, but he's drumming now... I think he was tired of the whole Texas Music scene in general...

FormerBellvilleBrahma
01-31-2007, 10:43 PM
I will be there, have a very good friend that plays the kick-off for Chili-fest. We also get back-stage passes for the two day show. Cant wait for the food the Hejl brothers fix back-stage, some of the best around, including a Breakfest!!!!
Lets drink some free beer on Mark!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GreenMonster
01-31-2007, 11:32 PM
For you CCR haters out there, Mike McClure (formerly of The Great Divide) is signed on to produce their next album and write new songs. McClure is one talented dude. Used to really love The Great Divide. Back in the day it was REK, PG, and the Divide. The entire current Red Dirt Revolution can be traced back to these 3. And the road goes on forever.................................

Gobbla2001
01-31-2007, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
For you CCR haters out there, Mike McClure (formerly of The Great Divide) is signed on to produce their next album and write new songs. McClure is one talented dude. Used to really love The Great Divide. Back in the day it was REK, PG, and the Divide. The entire current Red Dirt Revolution can be traced back to these 3. And the road goes on forever.................................

The next CCR album should be different... McClure is one of those "the scene needs to be kicked in the crotch" type of guys...

FormerBellvilleBrahma
01-31-2007, 11:39 PM
Bulls-eye, been back stage?

Bull's-eye
01-31-2007, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Bulls-eye, been back stage?

On stage and back stage with Geoge Jones, Pat Green and Sammy Kershaw.

GreenMonster
01-31-2007, 11:45 PM
The next CCR album should be different... McClure is one of those "the scene needs to be kicked in the crotch" type of guys...

Absolutely. I was mad at him when he left the Divide. Looking back though, it was the right thing to do. He was heads and tails the best musician in that group and he'd carried them as far as he could. As a whole, they just didn't have the talent. He went solo and made some really good music he just never got any kind of push mainly because of his flat out denial to be cookie cutter Nashville country star. I think he will really do wonders for CCR. I too have tired of hearing them play pretty much the same song over and over again with new lyrics. I got my info from the man himself. He was in town last weekend and spouted off on the radio that he was headed back to Stillwater to go to work on the next CCR album.

PS: What has happened to Cory Morrow??? Haven't heard much from this guy since his cocaine bust a couple of years ago. I always liked his unique sound.

Gobbla2001
01-31-2007, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Absolutely. I was mad at him when he left the Divide. Looking back though, it was the right thing to do. He was heads and tails the best musician in that group and he'd carried them as far as he could. As a whole, they just didn't have the talent. He went solo and made some really good music he just never got any kind of push mainly because of his flat out denial to be cookie cutter Nashville country star. I think he will really do wonders for CCR. I too have tired of hearing them play pretty much the same song over and over again with new lyrics. I got my info from the man himself. He was in town last weekend and spouted off on the radio that he was headed back to Stillwater to go to work on the next CCR album.

PS: What has happened to Cory Morrow??? Haven't heard much from this guy since his cocaine bust a couple of years ago. I always liked his unique sound.

Saw The Mike McClure Band at Greenfest last year in NB... they were really good, but he screwed up when he grabbed a fan's digi camera and through it around on stage... not nice... talked to him after the show, seemed like a nice guy... talked to Tina Wilkins, Walt was sick that night, couldn't talk... we talked for a good 3 or so minute, she's hot for her age...

he's always been a kinda b**chy person though (McClure)... should read his blog... used to gripe a lot about people requesting songs...

Cory Morrow's still around, released a good album last year with a couple of good hits on it... my cousin left his band after the last album... their new lead is alright :D

Bull19
02-01-2007, 07:02 PM
my cousin left his band after the last album... their new lead is alright :D

YOUR COUSIN MR. CARROL? HEARD HES PLAYING WITH CHRIS CAGLE NOW.,,,,,,HE SHOULD HAVE KEPT PLAYING WITH DAVID KERSH (HE'S DOING GREAT RIGHT NOW :D)

THEIR GUITAR PLAYER NOW IS VERY GOOD (CHICKEN PLUCKER) . J.J. USED TO PLAY WITH TEXAS UNLIMITED BAND.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-01-2007, 10:14 PM
YOUR COUSIN MR. CARROL? HEARD HES PLAYING WITH CHRIS CAGLE NOW.,,,,,,HE SHOULD HAVE KEPT PLAYING WITH DAVID KERSH (HE'S DOING GREAT RIGHT NOW :D)

THEIR GUITAR PLAYER NOW IS VERY GOOD (CHICKEN PLUCKER) . J.J. USED TO PLAY WITH TEXAS UNLIMITED BAND.

Yall talkin about pete?