PDA

View Full Version : NBA West All-Star reserves?

Bull's-eye
01-31-2007, 04:41 PM
Who are your top 7? Yao Ming won't play and probably will be replaced by Amare Stoudemire.

Here's mine:

Nowitzki (Dal 25.1)
Nash (Phx 19.6)
Ray Allen (Sea 26.3)
Boozer (Uta 22.1)
Iverson (Den 28.9)
Anthony (Den 31.2)
E. Brand (LAC 20.8)

Adidas410s
01-31-2007, 04:45 PM
drop Elton Brand...add Josh Howard. The Suns and Mavs both deserve 2 All-Stars.

Adidas410s
01-31-2007, 04:47 PM
oh....and Boozer is out for several weeks now:

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) -- Utah Jazz forward Carlos Boozer has a hairline fracture in his left leg, and is expected to be sidelined a few weeks.

The injury was initially suspected to be a bruised knee, but an MRI and X-rays confirmed the fracture in the top of the fibula. It typically takes four to five weeks to fully heal, the team said Wednesday.

Boozer was injured in a collision Saturday with New Orleans' Tyson Chandler. He missed a game Monday against the New Jersey Nets.

Boozer, averaging 22.1 points and 11.8 rebounds before the injury, missed long stretches of two previous seasons because of injuries.

Adidas410s
01-31-2007, 04:52 PM
Here's what I think the roster will look like:

Western Conference
F – Kevin Garnett, Minnesota
F – Tim Duncan, San Antonio
C – Yao Ming, Houston (replaced by Amare Stoudamire)
G – Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers
G – Tracy McGrady, Houston

F - Dirk Nowitzki
F - Josh Howard/Lamar Odom/Shawn Marion/Melo
C - Erick Dampier/Marcus Camby
G - Steve Nash
G - Allen Iverson
11th - Ray Allen
12th - Josh Howard/Lamar Odom/Shawn Marion/Chris Paul/Manu Ginobli/Tony Parker/Melo

Bull's-eye
01-31-2007, 05:21 PM
Camby? Erik Dampier ??? This is an All-Star game, they can slide Duncan or Garnett to the post. Most all-star games are fast pace, so a typical center is not really needed.

You left out the NBA's top scorer Carmello Anthony (31.2)

dogdad
01-31-2007, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Here's what I think the roster will look like:

Western Conference
F – Kevin Garnett, Minnesota
F – Tim Duncan, San Antonio
C – Yao Ming, Houston (replaced by Amare Stoudamire)
G – Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers
G – Tracy McGrady, Houston

F - Dirk Nowitzki
F - Josh Howard/Lamar Odom/Shawn Marion
C - Erick Dampier/Marcus Camby
G - Steve Nash
G - Allen Iverson
11th - Ray Allen
12th - Josh Howard/Lamar Odom/Shawn Marion/Chris Paul/Manu Ginobli/Tony Parker
I agree adidas, but here's what I think it SHOULD be:

F- Nowitzki
F-Duncan
C-Camby
G-Kobe
G-Nash

reserves:
F-Garnett
F-Marion
C-Stoudamire
G-McGrady
G-Iverson
11th-Josh Howard
12th-Ray Allen

Adidas410s
01-31-2007, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Camby? Erik Dampier ??? This is an All-Star game, they can slide Duncan or Garnett to the post. Most all-star games are fast pace, so a typical center is not really needed.

You left out the NBA's top scorer Carmello Anthony (31.2)

They are required to have 2 centers on the roster. You have your starting 5 (sub in Amare) and then the next 5 players are still G,G,F,F,C and then 11 and 12 are whatever you want them to be. Oops...I meant to include Melo as a possibility for the 4th forward spot (though I don't think he should be allowed to play)...corrected!

Bull's-eye
01-31-2007, 05:27 PM
drop Elton Brand...add Josh Howard. The Suns and Mavs both deserve 2 All-Stars.

I disagree that the best teams need 2 All-Stars. Here's an article from Yahoo sports.

Are we really this bored with the season that we've spent this long dissecting whether Dallas' Josh Howard (19.4 points, 7.2 rebounds) deserves a token seven or eight minutes in the All-Star Game? Howard's a fine player, the second option on one of the best teams, and probably one of the top 25 players in the league right now (when injured stars like Yao Ming, Paul Pierce, Michael Redd, et. al are taken out of consideration). But should the Mavs' superior depth at all positions be rewarded with a token All-Star appearance from a pretty good player? At the expense of reserve candidates like Carlos Boozer, Shawn Marion, Elton Brand, Carmelo Anthony or Dirk Nowitzki? Come on.

Adidas410s
01-31-2007, 05:35 PM
I disagree that the best teams need 2 All-Stars. Here's an article from Yahoo sports.

Are we really this bored with the season that we've spent this long dissecting whether Dallas' Josh Howard (19.4 points, 7.2 rebounds) deserves a token seven or eight minutes in the All-Star Game? Howard's a fine player, the second option on one of the best teams, and probably one of the top 25 players in the league right now (when injured stars like Yao Ming, Paul Pierce, Michael Redd, et. al are taken out of consideration). But should the Mavs' superior depth at all positions be rewarded with a token All-Star appearance from a pretty good player? At the expense of reserve candidates like Carlos Boozer, Shawn Marion, Elton Brand, Carmelo Anthony or Dirk Nowitzki? Come on.

1) Nobody is comparing Howard up against Dirk. Dirk is definitely the 3rd forward on the team behind KG and Duncan.

2) Put Howard's stats up against those other guys. Boozer is the only one who has numbers that are significantly better (22 pts, 12 rb's) than Howard's...but his team has been fading ever since it's great start.

charlesrixey
01-31-2007, 05:51 PM
1) Nobody is comparing Howard up against Dirk. Dirk is definitely the 3rd forward on the team behind KG and Duncan.

2) Put Howard's stats up against those other guys. Boozer is the only one who has numbers that are significantly better (22 pts, 12 rb's) than Howard's...but his team has been fading ever since it's great start.

i agree

howard is far more deserving than brand---and i'm a huge duke fan

Bull's-eye
01-31-2007, 06:11 PM

Brand, Boozer, Anthony all have better stats. Zach Randolph is also averaging 23.8 ppg, 10.3 boards. Howard may have a chance with the injury to Boozer.

Bull19
01-31-2007, 06:15 PM
I DIDNT KNOW YOU WERE A BASKETBALL FAN BULLS-EYE. YOU GUNNA MAKE IT TO ANY BRAHMA GAMES? THEY BARELY SQUEEKED IT OUT LAST NIGHT AGAINST LA GRANGE.

Pmoney
01-31-2007, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by dogdad
I agree adidas, but here's what I think it SHOULD be:

F- Nowitzki
F-Duncan
C-Camby
G-Kobe
G-Nash

reserves:
F-Garnett
F-Marion
C-Stoudamire
G-McGrady
G-Iverson
11th-Josh Howard
12th-Ray Allen
i agree

bulldogman06
01-31-2007, 06:43 PM
The startin lineup should be:
C Stoudamire
F Duncan
F Nowitzki
G Kobe
G Nash

Reserve in no order
1 Melo
2 Marion
3 Parker
4 Tmac
5 Garnett
6 Yao
7 Manu/Howard/Allen/Brand

Emerson1
01-31-2007, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by bulldogman06
C Stoudamire
F Duncan
F Nowitzki
G Kobe
G Nash

Reserve in no order
1 Melo
2 Marion
3 Parker
4 Tmac
5 Garnett
6 Yao
Thats how it should be, they do stupid fan voting though.

They should do it like the NFL pro bowl is selected, the coaches and players get a 2/3 vote for every player. That way someone like shaq who isn't deserving in anyway shape or form doesn't get in.

bulldogman06
01-31-2007, 06:49 PM
yea, i agree. either way, i dont care about this game. the dunk contest is fun, but thats about it. they need to change the rules though, last year that one guy took like 15 minutes to land a dunk.

Emerson1
01-31-2007, 06:56 PM
yea, i agree. either way, i dont care about this game. the dunk contest is fun, but thats about it. they need to change the rules though, last year that one guy took like 15 minutes to land a dunk.
You should only be allowed 1 or 2 missed dunks. Right now you get to try until you make it.

They should do it how and1 does it for at least 1 round. Each person gets 30 seconds to put together the best combination of dunks.

Bull's-eye
01-31-2007, 07:01 PM
C Stoudamire
F Duncan
F Nowitzki
G Kobe
G Nash

Reserve in no order
1 Melo
2 Marion
3 Parker
4 Tmac
5 Garnett
6 Yao

Yao is easily the starting center. Stoudamire's stats don't even come close.

Bull's-eye
01-31-2007, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
I DIDNT KNOW YOU WERE A BASKETBALL FAN BULLS-EYE. YOU GUNNA MAKE IT TO ANY BRAHMA GAMES? THEY BARELY SQUEEKED IT OUT LAST NIGHT AGAINST LA GRANGE.

When is the next home game?

Bull19
01-31-2007, 07:14 PM
When is the next home game?

NEXT TUE. I BELIEVE

Adidas410s
01-31-2007, 07:30 PM
Yao is easily the starting center. Stoudamire's stats don't even come close.

true...Yao is far and away better than the other centers...too bad he is hurt! :(

Bull's-eye
02-01-2007, 12:59 AM
Utah's Okur is a strong candiate for a reserve center.

Bull's-eye
02-01-2007, 01:52 PM
They are required to have 2 centers on the roster. You have your starting 5 (sub in Amare) and then the next 5 players are still G,G,F,F,C and then 11 and 12 are whatever you want them to be.

Yes, the reserves are picked by the coaches and there are 2 guards, 2 forwards, 1 center and 2 wild cards. All the starters or reserves that are injured are replaced by David Stern. I read that he didn't have to replace Yao with a center, but anyone of his choice. It may be possible that there is only one center on this team. I don't know when the coaches selected the reserves, but it is very possible Boozer was selected before his injury. Now Stern may want a representative from division leading Utah, so Okur could be his choice to replace Boozer. This could open up a spot for another forward or guard, possibly Josh Howard if he wasn't selected as a reserve. Here's a strange twist, Stern replaces Yao with Mutombo. He doesn't have the scoring, but he is one of the top rebounders per minutes played. Mutombo was just honored by George Bush for all his charity work and Stern does all he can to promote the image of the NBA.

Bull's-eye
02-01-2007, 07:44 PM
West reserves are Nash, Boozer, Nowitzki, Iverson, Stoudemire, Marion and Tony Parker. David Stern will name 2 replacements for Yao and Boozer. Who will he name? Carmello, Elton Brand, Josh Howard, Ray Allen