PDA

View Full Version : Camping and Lakes

Bullaholic
01-31-2007, 04:15 PM
What are some of the prettiest areas with lakes, rivers, and/or camping that you have been to in Texas?

I enjoy Isle du Bois State park on Lake Ray Roberts---clean, full hookups, and within 45min of Bridgeport.

When I was younger, I used to love to go to Lake Texoma, especially "the islands".

Used to go to Inks Lake a lot on vacation when I was a kid.

I want to go to the Guadalupe River out of Austin this summer and camp, but its really hard to get a summer reservation.

I've heard that Choke Canyon Lake is beautiful.

Lake Bridgeport is really a great little lake to visit, especially when you go up the Trinity River on the north end of the lake---rocks, hills, and trees---pristine and reminds me of Arkansas.

East Texas has some pretty lakes, too.

Nothing like sitting out on a beautiful starry summer night around a fire and drinking some refreshment after eating a char-broiled steak, looking out over a glass-smooth lake and listening to the crickets sing. Sometimes, folks will break out a guitar and play a few tunes. Life doesn't get any better than times like these.

lepfan
01-31-2007, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

When I was younger, I used to love to go to Lake Texoma, especially "the islands".

I usually was on the OK side of the lake...but still fun fun. I also enjoyed Broken Bow Lake...ok, ok I know you said Texas lakes, but these are pretty dang close to Texas. :)

sectionCwannabe
01-31-2007, 10:20 PM
possum kingdom is one of my favorite lakes here in texas.

Snyder_TigerFan
01-31-2007, 10:31 PM
As a kid, we used to go to Inks Lake often. I remember the water being super clear and the deer and squirrels would eat out of your hands.

We went to Possum Kingdom a lot as well. That lake has grown in popularity though.

Lake Proctor was a favorite of ours as well. Great crappie fishing.

shankbear
01-31-2007, 10:58 PM
We love Sam Rayburn. Also used to camp and fish at Lake Murval. Great times.