PDA

View Full Version : School Colors?

Bullaholic
01-31-2007, 03:22 PM
I always wanted to know how schools decide upon their team colors. Anybody know the process? Any histories about team colors that can be shared? Could a team change their colors if they so desired?

Txbroadcaster
01-31-2007, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I always wanted to know how schools decide upon their team colors. Anybody know the process? Any histories about team colors that can be shared? Could a team change their colors if they so desired?

When MArshall high and Pemberton de-segregated the students voted

BuffyMars
01-31-2007, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
When MArshall high and Pemberton de-segregated the students voted

I liked it when Marshall used just Red & White...now they use they alternative black.

Too Texas Tech looking IMO. :hand:

Ranger Mom
01-31-2007, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Could a team change their colors if they so desired?

Greenwood did in 2000.

We used to be Columbia Blue and Red......it was changed in the bylaws to Columbia Blue and Navy Blue...(Thank Goodness)!!

Txbroadcaster
01-31-2007, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
I liked it when Marshall used just Red & White...now they use they alternative black.

Too Texas Tech looking IMO. :hand:

not anymore..back to red and white only

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-31-2007, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
not anymore..back to red and white only

I know that Rockdale uses gold jersies and this is the last year they can use them. I'm assuming the UIL mandated they can only wear white and royal blue, but I'm not sure. Anyone know?

crzyjournalist03
01-31-2007, 04:50 PM
For years, Forney was just black & white on their football jerseys (even though the school colors are black and gold). I thought it was a classy look. Now they've gone to Pittsburgh Steelers-looking jerseys. Don't know why they decided to change, except that the black and white was very old!

Classic:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid41/pd18252cee21ce0af1165fd8fad294e91/fcf53a42.jpg

And I think they've had a couple of styles since they changed them in 2003! (Although, it has been a couple of years since I've made it to a Forney game, so I'm not sure!)

Current:

http://www.forneysports.com/images/560_QB_E2_c.jpg

pirate4state
01-31-2007, 05:06 PM
Sinton has always been maroon & white. Some have tried to get silver & black incorporated into unis, but that usually gets shot down.