PDA

View Full Version : I hope I am not the only one...

BuffyMars
01-31-2007, 02:11 PM
That thought Paula Abdul was completely toasted last night on American Idol.

My prediction...she is in rehab before they get to the finale of this year's show.

Txbroadcaster
01-31-2007, 02:13 PM
She looked like she chased her Vicodin snack with a darvocet sundae.

Adidas410s
01-31-2007, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
She looked like she chased her Vicodin snack with a darvocet sundae.

that description alone is going to have me tune in for a few minutes tonight! ;)

BuffyMars
01-31-2007, 02:15 PM
HAHAHAHAHA!!

ooooooOOOOOOOoooooo that was bad. Very very bad!!!

You are going to "straight up" right now mister!

sectionCwannabe
01-31-2007, 02:17 PM
yea she did,
hey did you see that cute blonde, that taked like a hillbilly, and told them that her dad killed himself and she lived and took care of her grandma, dang that girl can sing........IMO she was one of the best ive heard so far

Ranger Mom
01-31-2007, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
HAHAHAHAHA!!

ooooooOOOOOOOoooooo that was bad. Very very bad!!!

You are going to "straight up" right now mister!

Was she even on the second half the of show (the 2nd day in Birmingham)?

We had some "drama" going on, so I missed most of the 2nd 30 minutes!

BuffyMars
01-31-2007, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

Nope...she must have run to the Pharmacist.

crzyjournalist03
01-31-2007, 02:19 PM
That thought Paula Abdul was completely toasted last night on American Idol.

My prediction...she is in rehab before they get to the finale of this year's show.

Fox 4 in Dallas ran a story about three weeks ago where Paula was clearly having "issues" with interviews for the media...it looks like that may have been the day, because they mentioned that she left soon after the final interview which was conducted at noon. Not sure if the story is still around somewhere, but somebody could probably find it on the internet. KDFW had the last interview of the day they said.

BuffyMars
01-31-2007, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by sectionCwannabe
yea she did,
hey did you see that cute blonde, that taked like a hillbilly, and told them that her dad killed himself and she lived and took care of her grandma, dang that girl can sing........IMO she was one of the best ive heard so far

Yeah that poor girl's family made Kelly Pickler's family look like a cakewalk.

BuffyMars
01-31-2007, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Fox 4 in Dallas ran a story about three weeks ago where Paula was clearly having "issues" with interviews for the media...it looks like that may have been the day, because they mentioned that she left soon after the final interview which was conducted at noon. Not sure if the story is still around somewhere, but somebody could probably find it on the internet. KDFW had the last interview of the day they said.

Yeah, that interview she had with Seattle news was crazy! :crazy: :crazy1:

sectionCwannabe
01-31-2007, 02:21 PM
Yeah that poor girl's family made Kelly Pickler's family look like a cakewalk.

but what amazed me was that whole messed up story about her family, and she said, "but its ok" she said it like 5 times, that girls a trooper, i bet we see her for awhile during this season, with that voice even if she dont win she will go somewhere!

Ranger Mom
01-31-2007, 02:22 PM
I liked the curly headed "jack osbourne" look a like who wanted to make David Hasselhoff cry.....he was hilarious!!

So far, I think my favorite is "Sundance Head"!:D

Txbroadcaster
01-31-2007, 02:23 PM
One of the last girls on the show..she was 17..IMO one of the better ones of the year so far and Simon and Randy said no..I was shocked..Seems to me they are tougher this year on who they let go to Hollywood

BuffyMars
01-31-2007, 02:24 PM
I liked the curly headed "jack osbourne" look a like who wanted to make David Hasselhoff cry.....he was hilarious!!

So far, I think my favorite is "Sundance Head"!:D

Yes, I was pleasantly surprised by him. I was happy he had a voice...and the funnier the better. They need some comedy on that show!

sectionCwannabe
01-31-2007, 02:25 PM
One of the last girls on the show..she was 17..IMO one of the better ones of the year so far and Simon and Randy said no..I was shocked..Seems to me they are tougher this year on who they let go to Hollywood

yea that was the dark headed girl and randy said your not ready yet but please comeback, i thought she should have went on

BuffyMars
01-31-2007, 02:25 PM

Yeah that beauty pageant girl...wow that was a shock! I actually liked her! :foul:

Snyder_TigerFan
01-31-2007, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by sectionCwannabe
yea she did,

Didn't she say that he had shot himself in the throat and was paralyzed. He shot his wife (that he caught cheating) then turned the gun on himself.

Txbroadcaster
01-31-2007, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Didn't she say that he had shot himself in the throat and was paralyzed. He shot his wife (that he caught cheating) then turned the gun on himself.

Yep..ahh ...Good Times

Snyder_TigerFan
01-31-2007, 02:28 PM

I think we're all in agreement. I thought she could sing too.

GreenMonster
01-31-2007, 02:29 PM
Wasn't it reported a few years ago that Paula Abdul has MS??? I remember she had some kind of ailment along those lines. I think that the media and the public (see downlow) are making a big fuss out of little or nothing. Wouldn't you feel terrible if it turns out that her medical condition has taken a turn for the worse and that is what is causing her to look out of it? I have an Aunt that has MS and her symptoms start showing up when she's tired, stressed, or her physical condition deteriorates (sick, over-heated, etc).

BuffyMars
01-31-2007, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Wasn't it reported a few years ago that Paula Abdul has MS??? I remember she had some kind of ailment along those lines. I think that the media and the public (see downlow) are making a big fuss out of little or nothing. Wouldn't you feel terrible if it turns out that her medical condition has taken a turn for the worse and that is what is causing her to look out of it? I have an Aunt that has MS and her symptoms start showing up when she's tired, stressed, or her physical condition deteriorates (sick, over-heated, etc).

She has Reflex sympathetic dystrophy.

Complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS) is a chronic condition characterized by severe pain following injury to bone and soft tissue. The International Association for the Study of Pain has divided CRPS into two types based on the presence of nerve lesion following the injury. Type I, also known as Reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD), Sudeck's atrophy, Reflex neurovascular dystrophy (RND) or algoneurodystrophy, does not have demonstrable nerve lesions, while type II, also known as causalgia, has evidence of obvious nerve lesions. The cause of these syndromes is currently unknown. Precipitating factors include illness, injury, and psychological stress.

And if she has to stay that heavily medicated she shouldn't be on TV like that. IMO.

Txbroadcaster
01-31-2007, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster

No specific test is available for CRPS, which is diagnosed primarily through observation of the symptoms. However, thermography, sweat testing, x-rays, electrodiagnostics, and sympathetic blocks can be used to build up a picture of the disorder. Diagnosis is complicated by the fact that some patients improve without treatment

spiveyrat
01-31-2007, 03:04 PM

Shoulda got that DVR!!! :doh:

Ranger Mom
01-31-2007, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Shoulda got that DVR!!! :doh:

That's okay....my sis in law has it all ready for me if I decide I need to see it!!

I love family!!:D :D

Buccaneer
01-31-2007, 04:23 PM
Paula is in such bad shape they are thinking of replacing her with Courtney Love!

Ranger Mom
01-31-2007, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
Paula is in such bad shape they are thinking of replacing her with Courtney Love!

YIKES!!!!!!:eek:

crzyjournalist03
01-31-2007, 04:47 PM
My favorite so far was the kid that Simon called a "bush baby"...even if he did have eyes that were a little on the large side, I liked him! Apparently the judges didn't though...