PDA

View Full Version : If You Could Change Some Things in Sports..

Bullaholic
01-30-2007, 05:56 PM
If you could change some things in sports, what would it be?

Pass Interference and QB "In the grasp" and "roughing" rules in the NFL?

Illegal Defense violation in NBA?

"Icing" rule in hockey?

Overtime procedure in the NFL?

Strikezone in baseball?

Basket height in NBA?

Illegal procedure (for linemen) and illegal block in back in NFL?

Implement salary cap in ML baseball?

Allow aluminum bats in ML baseball?

Blastoderm55
01-30-2007, 06:02 PM
Let linemen catch the ball!

Bullaholic
01-30-2007, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Let linemen catch the ball!

Now that would be wild--almost a "pass all over" kind of game.

Blastoderm55
01-30-2007, 06:06 PM
I also don't like the "down" rules in college and high school. If a player slips he shouldn't be down until touched by a defender and only if he's still down at the time of the touch. Turf tackles infuriate me. :mad:

Adidas410s
01-30-2007, 06:07 PM
Pass Interference and QB "In the grasp" and "roughing" rules in the NFL?....make PI reviewable. They are a bit too sensitive on the QB rule as well...but I won't go there.

Illegal Defense violation in NBA?...it definitely slows the game down...but it's not a bad rule.

"Icing" rule in hockey?...hockey has implemented new rules that make the game a lot more exciting. Removing icing might be an option...but it might also lead to boring hockey teams are trying to run out the clock. :(

Overtime procedure in the NFL?...two words...sudden death

Strikezone in baseball?...don't get rid of it ;)!!! IMO...I would say make it from the bottom of the armpits (yes this is still subjective) to the bottom of the kneecaps.

Basket height in NBA?...you can't really change this since a generation or two of players are used to a current height.

Implement salary cap in ML baseball? Yes...yes...yes...

Allow aluminum bats in ML baseball? Only if you want baseball to become an incredibly violent and unsafe sport! :(

Adidas410s
01-30-2007, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
I also don't like the "down" rules in college and high school. If a player slips he shouldn't be down until touched by a defender and only if he's still down at the time of the touch. Turf tackles infuriate me. :mad:

true...true... :(

Pmoney
01-30-2007, 06:11 PM
I would change the all the penalties like Hands to the Face, Helmet to Helmet(thats what a helmet is for)

I would also change college football to a playoff

Emerson1
01-30-2007, 06:13 PM
Pass Interference and QB "In the grasp" and "roughing" rules in the NFL?

They need to make the rules the same for every QB. If you barely tap Manning you will get called for a flag

Illegal Defense violation in NBA?

I thought this rule was gone already

Overtime procedure in the NFL?

Definitely

Basket height in NBA?

No way

Illegal procedure (for linemen) and illegal block in back in NFL?

I think it's a dumb rule alltogether unless the player has a play on the ball.

Implement salary cap in ML baseball?

I wish they would, but they never will.

No way

Emerson1
01-30-2007, 06:14 PM
I wish they would get rid of the 'hit on a defensless receiver' rule. If the players jumps in the air and doesn't catch the ball, you shouldn't penalize the defensive player because he isn't able to stop a 220 lb body from flying through the air.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-30-2007, 06:15 PM
Well, sometimes, in a football game, you have to pee really bad, but it takes you forever to get all of your pants, girdle, and jock out of the way so you can do your business.....

Emerson1
01-30-2007, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
Helmet to Helmet(thats what a helmet is for)

That is how people die

Keith7
01-30-2007, 06:21 PM
less commercials during NFL games

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-30-2007, 06:22 PM
I think I would get rid of womens sports, they wanna be equal let them play with the guys.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-30-2007, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
I think I would get rid of womens sports, they wanna be equal let them play with the guys.

Or shower with us.....one of the two.

halfnhalf
01-30-2007, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1

No way

That would be insane, there would be A LOT of deaths in the majors if that happened.

vet93
01-30-2007, 07:09 PM
16 team DI playoff in college football

Have the NBA match the NFL in regards to their draft age

Have a minimum games played for those selected to the NBA all-star game

Ban professional athletes from the olympics again...including "state sponsored" professional athletes.

coach
01-30-2007, 07:18 PM
the dh in baseball( take it away) in the nba apply the 1and1 and take away the face guarding rule on the reciever in football that is a good defensive move

tigerpride_08
01-30-2007, 09:51 PM
one rule i would change is one i expierenced...when we were playing Sweeny i think, i made 2 of their players false start on a punt...and the call is that you cant do that!...stupid rule...:mad:

Keith7
01-30-2007, 09:57 PM
no restricted area in the NBA