PDA

View Full Version : Snow-storm headed for Miami

sectionCwannabe
01-30-2007, 04:33 PM
Snow-storm headed for Miami
By Troy Shockley / shockleyt@reporternews.com
January 30, 2007

Miami's about to get some Snow.

He may be one of the lesser known players in all of the NFL, but Justin Snow is still going to the Super Bowl, and his family will be there to see it happen.

Snow, who starred at Cooper High School before playing four seasons at Baylor, has been the long snapper for Indianapolis since the Colts signed him as a free agent in 2000. Much of his family, including older brother Troy, is still in Abilene. The whole crew will be leaving for Miami on Thursday morning and will be on-hand as Snow's Colts take on the Chicago Bears in Super Bowl XLI on Sunday.

''Miami-bound,'' Troy said. ''We're all in.''

And by all he means himself and his wife, Snow's wife and her parents, his mother, stepfather, father, stepmother, two stepsisters and a pair of close family friends. It's quite a cheering section for a guy who goes the whole game hoping his name is not said on television, but it's one that will certainly make itself heard.

''We were at last week's game - our mother, my wife and I,'' Troy said. ''We were at the playoff game against New England, too, because we always said if they were in our house, we'd go back.

''Right now, the feeling is pure excitement.''

Troy, admittedly biased, believes this is the year Peyton Manning and Co. will finally get it done. He said the team peaked too early in years past, but has hit it right this year. He said he knows his little brother is excited, but that any time he's talked with him in the past few days, all he's heard on the other end of the phone has been determination.

''The team is a solid Christian team, is the way I feel about the Colts,'' he said. ''They're just preparing for it like any other game, knowing this is their chance. They stick together as a team and they have an awesome coach in Tony Dungy. You couldn't ask for a better man.

''I'm proud of (Justin) just for his dedication and strong soul and mind and that he's got the opportunity to play in this event. That's every boy's dream is to play in the Super Bowl. And that's what he's gonna do.''

http://www.reporter-news.com/abil/sp_local/article/0,1874,ABIL_8006_5314706,00.html