PDA

View Full Version : Alert!!!

pirate44
01-30-2007, 04:05 PM
if you guys use an online tax software, beware. i just did my taxes online and got a refund of $2,071. i decided to try another website and entering the exact information, it showed a $2,214 refund. that is crazy. im tempted to try a few more to see if i can get any MORE money!!

im not sure what to think of all this. anyone else have this experience?

Adidas410s
01-30-2007, 04:06 PM
What sites did you use???

Txbroadcaster
01-30-2007, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
if you guys use an online tax software, beware. i just did my taxes online and got a refund of $2,071. i decided to try another website and entering the exact information, it showed a $2,214 refund. that is crazy. im tempted to try a few more to see if i can get any MORE money!!

im not sure what to think of all this. anyone else have this experience?

That is not just because of you using online..You can get two diff tax preparers to do it and it will be different figures.

Phil C
01-30-2007, 04:08 PM
I don't have many 44 but I wish you could get the ones that come to me to stop coming. I have TOO MUCH COMPASSION!!

:mad: :(

Adidas410s
01-30-2007, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I don't have many 44 but I wish you could get the ones that come to me to stop coming. I have TOO MUCH COMPASSION!!

:mad: :(

is your compassion for the gov't or for the individual??? (read...who are you "taking care of" in the matter? ;))

Phil C
01-30-2007, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
is your compassion for the gov't or for the individual??? (read...who are you "taking care of" in the matter? ;))

The individual.

I don't mind answering questions if I can but I don't like preparing tax returns. Even my own. :eek:

pirate44
01-30-2007, 07:02 PM
ttt

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-30-2007, 07:04 PM
I used taxengine.com, it seemed to work just fine. It'll optimize things for you.

Snyder_TigerFan
01-30-2007, 07:04 PM
So which site was the one that gave you the lower refund?

pirate44
01-31-2007, 06:34 AM
What sites did you use???

sorry Adidas, i didnt see your post. i used taxact and HR Block taxcut

Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
So which site was the one that gave you the lower refund?

taxact was lower. taxcut gave me a bigger refund.

i never did try it again on another site since i was pretty busy at work. i was happy with the second try.

LH Panther Mom
01-31-2007, 07:38 AM
taxcut gave me a bigger refund.

i never did try it again on another site since i was pretty busy at work. i was happy with the second try.
I've used taxcut for a number of years, so I'm glad it was the better "deal" for you. I've always felt confident with the accuracy.

pirate44
01-31-2007, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I've used taxcut for a number of years, so I'm glad it was the better "deal" for you. I've always felt confident with the accuracy.
im a turbotax guy myself, i just tried something different this time. i may use taxcut from now on though. but next year i will probably itemize, so ill do some research as to the better one.

Adidas410s
01-31-2007, 09:58 AM
im a turbotax guy myself, i just tried something different this time. i may use taxcut from now on though. but next year i will probably itemize, so ill do some research as to the better one.

have you compared taxcut to turbotax? I'm still waiting on a 1098 form to come in the mail but I have the # estimated pretty close in my turbotax return. Maybe I'll try taxcut and see if I get much of a difference.

Snyder_TigerFan
01-31-2007, 10:09 AM
I'm still waiting on a 1098 form to come in the mail but I have the # estimated pretty close in my turbotax return.

Have you checked the company's website? I haven't received my wife's 1098 in the mail, but it was available via their website.

Adidas410s
01-31-2007, 10:11 AM
Have you checked the company's website? I haven't received my wife's 1098 in the mail, but it was available via their website.

It wasn't available last week...but then again they said they weren't mailing out forms until Monday. Let me check again...

Adidas410s
01-31-2007, 10:12 AM

good call...I can't print off the form but the # is on the site so I can go ahead with processing the return. Also, I tried the HRBlock Taxcut site and got the same amount (before entering my 1098 info) that I did with turbotax. However...they only charge $10 instead of $15. ;)

Adidas410s
01-31-2007, 10:27 AM
have you compared taxcut to turbotax? I'm still waiting on a 1098 form to come in the mail but I have the # estimated pretty close in my turbotax return. Maybe I'll try taxcut and see if I get much of a difference.
after getting my 1098 information into both websites...my return is about 5% higher using turbotax than with taxcut.

piratebg
01-31-2007, 02:49 PM
I used Turbotax this year, but I'm pretty sure that I would have been very happy with any of these this year. :D