PDA

View Full Version : I feel ashamed for this board.

BullFrog Dad
01-30-2007, 12:25 PM
Four threads with over fifty posts over Barbaro's death and also four threads but less than thirty posts for Darrent Williams. Native Texan Williams did way more for his community than the horse. I guess this is another example of how priorities get out of order in this day and age.

Blastoderm55
01-30-2007, 12:30 PM
Keep in mind there's a lot of bickering over the Barbaro story.

Fotbol
01-30-2007, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by BullFrog Dad
Four threads with over fifty posts over Barbaro's death and also four threads but less than thirty posts for Darrent Williams. Native Texan Williams did way more for his community than the horse. I guess this is another example of how priorities get out of order in this day and age. I applaud you, but that's not why Mr. Williams didn't get much pub as the Horse, I have a real good idea why things are like they are, and priorities has nothing to do with it.

Ranger Mom
01-30-2007, 12:33 PM
Four threads with over fifty posts over Barbaro's death and also four threads but less than thirty posts for Darrent Williams. Native Texan Williams did way more for his community than the horse. I guess this is another example of how priorities get out of order in this day and age.

Oh good grief!!

To tell you the truth...I have no clue who Darrent Williams is, or was, I guess!

Most of the threads on Barbaro were people "discussing" whether he should have been euthanized when he first got hurt or given a chance.

Had we had that discussion about a deceased person, we would have been labeled as "off our rockers"!

I don't think the fact that I posted on a Barbaro thread and not on a Darrent Williams has anything to do with my priorities!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

pirate4state
01-30-2007, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Fotbol
I applaud you, but that's not why Mr. Williams didn't get much pub as the Horse, I have a real good idea why things are like they are, and priorities has nothing to do with it.

Let's not go there, please.

jason
01-30-2007, 12:37 PM
I applaud you, but that's not why Mr. Williams didn't get much pub as the Horse, I have a real good idea why things are like they are, and priorities has nothing to do with it.

barbaro was a famous horse (athlete??), who won one of the biggest races in the world and then was fatally injured while doing what he was trained to do...

darrent williams was out galavanting around during the early morning hours, hanging out with (what was probably) the wrong crowd...his accident could have been, and probably should have been avoided...his death was the same song, different verse of what happens quite often...

barbaros death was a more unusual, more high profile than darrent williams'...that's why, IMO, it is getting more attention...not just on the downlow, but on a national level...

Fotbol
01-30-2007, 12:42 PM
Let me see a Horse and a Human
P4S for me not to mention what's on my mind, and you respond with let's not go there, is it that obvious?:eek: :eek: ......
My point exactly...go figure.

pirate4state
01-30-2007, 12:44 PM
P4S for me not to mention what's on my mind, and you respond with let's not go there, is it that obvious?:eek: :eek: ......
My point exactly...go figure.

It is obvious b/c you always take it THERE.

Ranger Mom
01-30-2007, 12:47 PM

That's like comparing apples to oranges!!

:doh:

Fotbol
01-30-2007, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
It is obvious b/c you always take it THERE. Do what you gotta do, I will always call a spade a spade, and that isn't no way I will bite my tongue for a message board or Moderators, if I feel I'm right I will voice my opinion to Bush, so Ban me, ROM me what ever makes you sleep better at night, I'm out.

Ranger Mom
01-30-2007, 12:58 PM
I'm so confused!!:( :(

Rita....what am I missing??:nerd:

Old Dog
01-30-2007, 01:21 PM
Sad, but true, most people like animals more than humans.......

3afan
01-30-2007, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
To tell you the truth...I have no clue who Darrent Williams is, or was, I guess!

same here .. was that the kid from Weatherford?

Maroon87
01-30-2007, 01:33 PM
:rolleyes: at this whole thread.

vet93
01-30-2007, 01:34 PM
To use this board as some kind of social barometer is ridiculous. Many, if not most, use the board to discuss issues of interest to them personally. No one was suggesting that a humans life was less important than a horse's. There were just a number of people who for what ever reason were interested in the death of the horse and the debate surrounding his treatment/euthanasia. To over emphasize this issue and to over-emotionalize the fact that Mr. Williams has not had a topic of discussion is simply looking for something to get your feelings hurt about. There are better and more important things to spend your emotional energy on or to worry about.

mustang04
01-30-2007, 01:35 PM
if i had to choose between Williams still being alive or my pet pit-bull that i had for 18 years of my life....i'd rather have my dog back...i know EXACTLY where my priorities are thank you

BullFrog Dad
01-30-2007, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
if i had to choose between Williams still being alive or my pet pit-bull that i had for 18 years of my life....i'd rather have my dog back...i know EXACTLY where my priorities are thank you Sounds like you and the dog had a special thing going on.

mistanice
01-30-2007, 01:54 PM
Sounds like you and the dog had a special thing going on.

at least it wasn't an arabian stallion.

Fotbol
01-30-2007, 01:55 PM
Sounds like you and the dog had a special thing going on. yeah I heard about that on Jerry Springer, pet Pit BullDogs, and there owners that love them:p

bulldogman06
01-30-2007, 01:59 PM
if i had to choose between Williams still being alive or my pet pit-bull that i had for 18 years of my life....i'd rather have my dog back...i know EXACTLY where my priorities are thank you

you might laugh, but is this a serious quote?

mustang04
01-30-2007, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by bulldogman06

yeah...i'm serious.....i'd rather have a pet back that i had for years than someone who never influenced anything around me

Bullaholic
01-30-2007, 02:08 PM
Why so ugly on this thread? My $.02---This may be one of those threads that everyone should just post how they feel on this issue and not call anyone else out for their opinion. I think that is the only way this thread has a chance to stay open----potentially a lot of raw personal feelings being dealt with here.

BTW--I in no way consider myself the self-appointed board watchdog--just don't want to see a lot of good folks who I enjoy get upset with each other.

Blastoderm55
01-30-2007, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by bulldogman06

It certainly may be, but it really isn't relevant to the issue at hand. This isn't about our own pets or even our human loved ones. Barbaro received a lot of publicity. He was a champion and the outcry with his passing was too be expected. Williams life was snuffed out quickly. The world didn't know him the way they knew Barbaro. His death is tragic, but people can't be forced to mourn anymore than they feel they should.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-30-2007, 02:15 PM

Same here. I had a black lab/hound mix named Biscuiteater. We had him for 16 years, and I remember I cried the day he died. I was 16 then, too. It was a very sad day at my house, and he's buried in the corner of the backyard. I miss Biscuiteater. :(

burnet44
01-30-2007, 02:39 PM
the only reason the horse wasnt put down
a long time ago is money
if the owners could save the horse
then you can make a lot from stud fees
artificial insemination is not permitted
as i heard on the radio this morning
the horse got infections in its front hooves
the owners decided it was no profitable
to keep on trying

im sure the horse is beloved
but many horses die each year
and i dont hear the media crying for them

Mr. Williams case is completly differet
and I agree with those on the board
who say his death is way more important

Mr. Williams death is tragic and perventable
he did not make that choice to die
he was in the wrong place at the wrong time

there seems to be a lot more wrong places in this world
now than there used to be

the horse died as a result of competition

Mr. Wlliams died because someone fired guns into his car

I pray for the families involved in his death

his passing is tragic

barbaro's passing is sad yes to some

but no where in the league of tragic as Mr. Williams
or any other person

themsu97
01-30-2007, 02:39 PM
media... that is the difference... Williams was the victim of a drive by shooting... if you did not follow football, probably have no idea who he was... Barbaro was shoved down our throats... and to some people, probably peda... this horse was inhumanely treated in some form or fashion... I really do not care either way... a friend of mine coached Williams at OD Wyatt... but the media drives all of this so instead of blaming us...turn the tv off

bulldogman06
01-30-2007, 02:49 PM
wow, yall cant be serious about the animal thing. i cant even post on this subject anymore, ill leave the thread open. but thats sad

luvhoops34
01-30-2007, 03:11 PM
Do what you gotta do, I will always call a spade a spade, and that isn't no way I will bite my tongue for a message board or Moderators, if I feel I'm right I will voice my opinion to Bush, so Ban me, ROM me what ever makes you sleep better at night, I'm out.

What the hell does George Bush have to do with Darrent Williams getting killed in a drive by and Barbaro being euthanized?????:doh:

I fail to see any correlation between the three of them??? Is that just me or am I missing the BIG picture???

If you're whining about the coverage over Darrent Williams death, then blame the media. Darrent had just started his career in football and wasn't a big name, yet. Barbaro was a champion race horse. The media had followed his career and injury from the beginning. It's still apples and oranges, though.

And are you part of Darrent Williams family??? If not, then what does it matter???? I thought the media did a fine job on reporting his death and telling the story of his life. There was coverage at the funeral. What more do you want????

I don't understand why people have to go around with a huge CHIP on their shoulder. Geez get a grip.

Ranger Mom
01-30-2007, 03:16 PM
I can't believe this has gone this far......geez......the only "race" issue with the Barbaro thread is the fact that he used to "race"!!

Geez...I'm closing this one too....I have too much to do at work right now to babysit a senseless argument!!