PDA

View Full Version : A&M @ Miami to be on Thursday, Sept 20

Adidas410s
01-30-2007, 11:33 AM
Texas A&M at Miami to be Nationally Televised

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

COLLEGE STATION, Texas- ESPN, Big 12 Conference and Atlantic Coast Conference officials announced the 2007 Texas A&M at Miami football game will be nationally televised by ESPN on Thursday, Sept. 20 from the Orange Bowl in Miami. Kick is slated for 6:45 p.m. central (7:45 p.m. eastern).

“We are pleased to have our game with Miami moved to Thursday so it can be nationally televised on ESPN,” Texas A&M Director of Athletics Bill Byrne said. “We appreciate the cooperation of Louisiana-Monroe in moving our non-conference game with the Warhawks from Sept. 22 to Sept. 15 at Kyle Field.”

“As soon as the other non-conference games are finalized, we will announce the remainder of the schedule,” Byrne added.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-30-2007, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Texas A&M at Miami to be Nationally Televised

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

COLLEGE STATION, Texas- ESPN, Big 12 Conference and Atlantic Coast Conference officials announced the 2007 Texas A&M at Miami football game will be nationally televised by ESPN on Thursday, Sept. 20 from the Orange Bowl in Miami. Kick is slated for 6:45 p.m. central (7:45 p.m. eastern).

“We are pleased to have our game with Miami moved to Thursday so it can be nationally televised on ESPN,” Texas A&M Director of Athletics Bill Byrne said. “We appreciate the cooperation of Louisiana-Monroe in moving our non-conference game with the Warhawks from Sept. 22 to Sept. 15 at Kyle Field.”

“As soon as the other non-conference games are finalized, we will announce the remainder of the schedule,” Byrne added.

Man, I hope I make the travel squad....

Hansum Stranger
01-30-2007, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END

Good luck with that Gary.

Adidas410s
01-30-2007, 11:44 AM
I'll stop by South Beach on Saturday and let them know that you'll be there in September ;)

Phil C
01-30-2007, 11:49 AM
An easy win for the Aggies despite having to be on the road. Remember Miami will still be in turmoil because of having a new coach and everything. By mid season they should have their acts together. But not when the Aggies come to Miami. Perfect timing by the Aggies.

Adidas410s
01-30-2007, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
An easy win for the Aggies despite having to be on the road. Remember Miami will still be in turmoil because of having a new coach and everything. By mid season they should have their acts together. But not when the Aggies come to Miami. Perfect timing by the Aggies.

Phil..don't forget that Miami has Kirby Freeman at QB. He is from Brownwood and was highly recruiting coming out of HS. He has played against many of the A&M players and knows them very well. Don't overlook this matchup as a W for the Ags just yet.

On another note...when can we expect a full analysis on the new Horns schedule? :)

Phil C
01-30-2007, 12:23 PM
Phil..don't forget that Miami has Kirby Freeman at QB. He is from Brownwood and was highly recruiting coming out of HS. He has played against many of the A&M players and knows them very well. Don't overlook this matchup as a W for the Ags just yet.

On another note...when can we expect a full analysis on the new Horns schedule? :)

Soon Ad soon. It looks tougher than last year. :(
But be encouraged.
Also remember the Aggie players know Kirby too. If it were later in the year the Aggies would need to be worried. Perfect timing for them.

vet93
01-30-2007, 12:32 PM
Phil...would you be calling the game an "easy win" if the Hurricanes were facing UT? ;)

Phil C
01-30-2007, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by vet93
Phil...would you be calling the game an "easy win" if the Hurricanes were facing UT? ;)

Now now vet93 you are asking me to make a decision on a hypothical thing that doesn't even have to be made. I have to make decisions and judgements enough on things that have to be done. Please don't ask me to make a decision I don't have to make. Life has enough pressures as it is as Dr. Phil would say.

:) ;)

Phil C
01-30-2007, 12:54 PM
I will comment on the games in more detail when the Aggies have an official schedule but they seem to be overfearful of their road games but be encouraged Aggie friends.

I have given the analysis for Miami. The Aggies get to enjoy the fun and sun as well as a good road win in Miami.

They play Missouri in Missouri but the Aggies will be able to win that one too.

Texas Tech is tough but the Aggies should be good enough to win that one indeed.

The last two are OU and Nebraska. They are on the road but they should be Aggie wins. Remember the Aggies barely lost to those teams last year and even though the games are on the road McGee and Martellus will be improved enough to overcome those teams. Especially with Martellus concentrating on football now. This makes it scary indeed to play the Aggies.

And don't forget their biggest game against UT is in College Station. A big break for the Aggies indeed. They won in Austin 12 to 7 so it may be worse in Aggieland.

More first rate analysis to follow when the schedule is official probably sometime in the spring.

coach
01-30-2007, 12:59 PM
phil i wouldnt say an easy win...we are taklin about the aggies here...they nake every win difficult

Phil C
01-30-2007, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by coach
phil i wouldnt say an easy win...we are taklin about the aggies here...they nake every win difficult

True but a win is a win is a win as Dr. Seus would say. :)

coach
01-30-2007, 01:02 PM
yeah ur right and i do have the ags favored but win was the last time the ags had an easy win???

Adidas410s
01-30-2007, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by coach
yeah ur right and i do have the ags favored but win was the last time the ags had an easy win???

SMU in 2005 ;)

Adidas410s
01-30-2007, 01:45 PM
Texas Tech is tough but the Aggies should be good enough to win that one indeed.

the last two times the Ags went to Lubbock...

2003 - Texas Tech 59 Texas A&M 28
2005 - Texas Tech 56 Texas A&M 17

don't expect it to be any easier in 2007 ;)

mistanice
01-30-2007, 01:53 PM

Just wearing the uniform should be something to be proud of as it was for my buddy.... this is him after he walked on and first game after being cleared by the clearing house. http://photos-162.ak.facebook.com/ip006/v36/191/75/8376315/n8376315_35574162_5134.jpg

Phil C
01-30-2007, 02:01 PM
the last two times the Ags went to Lubbock...

2003 - Texas Tech 59 Texas A&M 28
2005 - Texas Tech 56 Texas A&M 17

don't expect it to be any easier in 2007 ;)

Shhhhhhhh! :)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-30-2007, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by mistanice
Just wearing the uniform should be something to be proud of as it was for my buddy.... this is him after he walked on and first game after being cleared by the clearing house. http://photos-162.ak.facebook.com/ip006/v36/191/75/8376315/n8376315_35574162_5134.jpg

Yeah, I know him. We tried out at the same time, only he made it and I got deferred until now.

Adidas410s
01-30-2007, 02:12 PM
Yeah, I know him. We tried out at the same time, only he made it and I got deferred until now.

So are you guaranteed a spot on the squad this year?