PDA

View Full Version : Has Beens 40 Green Wave 47

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-30-2007, 01:03 AM
Has Beens 40 - Green Wave 47

So we lost our first Mens league intramural game tonight.
We realized that we are all fat and outta shape from too much beer drinking and were outplayed by 18 year olds.

Good Times.

Maybe next week will be better

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-30-2007, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
Has Beens 40 - Green Wave 47

So we lost our first Mens league intramural game tonight.
We realized that we are all fat and outta shape from too much beer drinking and were outplayed by 18 year olds.

Good Times.

Maybe next week will be better

Want me to come up there and play a game for ya'll?

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-30-2007, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Want me to come up there and play a game for ya'll?

Sounds good bro. I'm just not in bball shape anymore. Give me a few weeks and I'll be fine. We were a better team, just got worn down.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-30-2007, 01:20 AM
Sounds good bro. I'm just not in bball shape anymore. Give me a few weeks and I'll be fine. We were a better team, just got worn down.

I still play two or three times a week at the Rec, so I'm still in pretty good shape. It gets pretty competitive up there, but I like it that way.

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-30-2007, 01:34 AM
There are actually a few teams in our pool that are made up of just ASU football players.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-30-2007, 01:42 AM
There are actually a few teams in our pool that are made up of just ASU football players.

I bet they're all in really good shape, then.

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-30-2007, 01:44 AM
I bet they're all in really good shape, then.

Yeah most of them actually are.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-30-2007, 01:48 AM
Yeah most of them actually are.

I wanted to join an intramural team up here, but I don't want to take a chance on getting hurt, so I just play in the meaningless pick up games.....I'm kind of stupid that way.

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-30-2007, 07:30 PM
ttt

Someone has to care about IM sports besides just the two of us.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-30-2007, 08:23 PM
ttt

Someone has to care about IM sports besides just the two of us.

Well, if they don't, they certainly should.

mwynn05
01-30-2007, 08:34 PM
ttt

Someone has to care about IM sports besides just the two of us. We havent started yet...

Matthew328
01-30-2007, 09:17 PM
LOL IM sports those were the days.....I actually coached the IM champions at TVCC my freshman year...they killed the two teams consisting of football players...basically the IM team I coached was a bunch of guys who were pretty good HS players who weren't quite good enough to play anywhere in college....

I wanted to play IM flag football but the basketball coach wouldn't let us play...

mwynn05
01-30-2007, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
LOL IM sports those were the days.....I actually coached the IM champions at TVCC my freshman year...they killed the two teams consisting of football players...basically the IM team I coached was a bunch of guys who were pretty good HS players who weren't quite good enough to play anywhere in college....

I wanted to play IM flag football but the basketball coach wouldn't let us play... I thought you said you were the white guy on the bench at Everman....but you played JC so you had to be pretty good

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-30-2007, 09:22 PM

I wanted to play IM flag football but the basketball coach wouldn't let us play...

I get to coach the team that I wanted to join, so it should still be pretty fun.

Matthew328
01-30-2007, 09:25 PM
I did play some in HS...LOL I was 8th man on my HS team..

BUT

My HS team was nationally ranked my senior year....so suffice to say I was behind a guy who played his college ball at TCU...

we actually had 3 guys on that team play D-1 college basketball, two guys who played D-1 football, one guy who played Div 2 basketball and 3 others play JC hoops..

but enough about me! its about IM basketball...good times

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-30-2007, 09:26 PM
I did play some in HS...LOL I was 8th man on my HS team..

BUT

My HS team was nationally ranked my senior year....so suffice to say I was behind a guy who played his college ball at TCU...

we actually had 3 guys on that team play D-1 college basketball, two guys who played D-1 football, one guy who played Div 2 basketball and 3 others play JC hoops..

but enough about me! its about IM basketball...good times

Nothing to be ashamed of on that. I started my Senior year, and nobody from that team went to play college basketball. Heck, we didn't even make the playoffs, but it was still fun, especially being 5'11" and playing Forward/Center. :D

Matthew328
01-30-2007, 09:35 PM
geez....I was 6'2 and was the third shortest on my HS team...wow

our starting five was

5'11-PG-played hoops at UTA
6'4-SG-played hoops at New Mexico
6'6-SF-played hoops one year at Tech and 2 years at TCU
6'4-PF-played football at TCU
6'7-C-played hoops at NW Oklahoma

Second Five

6'1-PG-played football at Temple
6'3-SG-played basketball at Ranger JC
6'2-SF (ME)-played hoops at Trinity Valley
6'4-PF-just went to college LOL
6'6-C-played hoops at Ranger JC

and tell me how we didn't win state?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-30-2007, 09:37 PM
geez....I was 6'2 and was the third shortest on my HS team...wow

our starting five was

5'11-PG-played hoops at UTA
6'4-SG-played hoops at New Mexico
6'6-SF-played hoops one year at Tech and 2 years at TCU
6'4-PF-played football at TCU
6'7-C-played hoops at NW Oklahoma

Second Five

6'1-PG-played football at Temple
6'3-SG-played basketball at Ranger JC
6'2-SF (ME)-played hoops at Trinity Valley
6'4-PF-just went to college LOL
6'6-C-played hoops at Ranger JC

and tell me how we didn't win state?

Yeah, it was fun guarding 6'8" guys, let me tell you. Haha.

neck_06
01-30-2007, 09:39 PM
I still play two or three times a week at the Rec, so I'm still in pretty good shape. It gets pretty competitive up there, but I like it that way.

what do you mean by "competitive" and "good shape" cuz i've seen you play man......and those aren't the two words that come to mind.

;) jk gary.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-30-2007, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by neck_06
what do you mean by "competitive" and "good shape" cuz i've seen you play man......and those aren't the two words that come to mind.

;) jk gary.

Hey, you know what, who was it that was getting all the boards from you missing all of those three pointers you kept throwing up? ME. Yeah, so eat it. haha

neck_06
01-30-2007, 11:35 PM
Hey, you know what, who was it that was getting all the boards from you missing all of those three pointers you kept throwing up? ME. Yeah, so eat it. haha

me missing shots....if i remember correctly i was money everytime we played.....maybe you're thinking of some other tall white guy with hops. ;)