PDA

View Full Version : Rockets 105 Philly 84

Bull's-eye
01-30-2007, 12:09 AM
T-Mac scores 25 in a blow out victory over Philadelphia. Rockets built a 41 point lead early in the 4th Qtr and cleared the bench for the final 12 minutes. Juwon Howard scored 20 points and grabbed 10 rebounds. Rockets now have the 4th best record in the NBA.

Bull Butter
01-30-2007, 12:14 AM
Nice going Rockets!

At least there's TWO NBA teams in Texas I can feel proud to support!

Bull Butter
01-30-2007, 12:15 AM
You know, the two Texas NBA teams that have actually won titles (Five in all) and don't have rich immature morons for owners!

bulldogman06
01-30-2007, 03:39 AM
haha i love all the Texas teams, Spurs most though. I do hate Cuban, hes a jerk. Avery is the man though

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-30-2007, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by bulldogman06
haha i love all the Texas teams, Spurs most though. I do hate Cuban, hes a jerk. Avery is the man though

What are you doing awake? Come over if you haven't already passed out.

JasperDog94
01-30-2007, 09:16 AM
This was a great game. It was nice to see the Rockets run the fast break some. At times it looked awkward, but their defense is incredible. When Yao comes back and gets back into playing shape, the Rockets should be in the running for the West.:)

Bull's-eye
01-30-2007, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
This was a great game. It was nice to see the Rockets run the fast break some. At times it looked awkward, but their defense is incredible. When Yao comes back and gets back into playing shape, the Rockets should be in the running for the West.:)

Rockets did a great job of spreading the ball and getting everybody involved. Houston ended up with a season-high 31 assists. I'm hoping they can integrate this style of play with Yao's post-up game. One knock I have against the Rockets is that they become very one-dimensional when Yao is in the line-up.

JasperDog94
01-30-2007, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
One knock I have against the Rockets is that they become very one-dimensional when Yao is in the line-up. I've noticed that as well.

Bulldog_12
01-30-2007, 12:22 PM
Its all a learning process. They have gotten a LOT better at spreading the ball around with a superstar in the line-up. Hopefully they will keep that mentality when Yao comes back. If they do, the rest of the NBA better watch out.

awizzy
01-30-2007, 12:46 PM
its good to see tmac playin well...when he is healty and on hes one of the best scores i have ever seen even though i am only 19 hes still one of the best ever at getting the ball in the hoop...if he can stay healty and yao comes back strong i really think the rockets can really make a run deep into the playoffs

Bull's-eye
01-30-2007, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Its all a learning process. They have gotten a LOT better at spreading the ball around with a superstar in the line-up. Hopefully they will keep that mentality when Yao comes back. If they do, the rest of the NBA better watch out.

I agree, Yao's injury may become a blessing in disguise. Juwon Howard and Mutombo have really stepped up their games and T-Mac been putting up incredible numbers. It will be very interesting watching how JVG blends Yao back into the rotation.

buffalo2006
01-30-2007, 02:22 PM
Hopefully JVG doesn't hold Yao back like he did to Bonzi Wells at the beginning of the season. As long as they can keep a decent record without Yao and it should open up alot more options as they have shown, all that matters is who's playing in June. Hopefully the Rockets can make a good push for the title.

JasperDog94
01-30-2007, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by buffalo2006
Hopefully JVG doesn't hold Yao back like he did to Bonzi Wells at the beginning of the season. As long as they can keep a decent record without Yao and it should open up alot more options as they have shown, all that matters is who's playing in June. Hopefully the Rockets can make a good push for the title. The Yao situation is nothing like Bonzi. JVG has a system and Bonzi was being a punk earlier in the year. They've patched things up and Bonzi has become a contributor to this team. The only thing with Yao is making sure that he gets back into playing shape. He already knows the system.

Bull's-eye
01-30-2007, 02:40 PM
Bonzi was also way out of shape. Lately, he has been a lot quicker.