PDA

View Full Version : Kobe's cheap shot....

luvhoops34
01-29-2007, 11:32 PM
Channel 5 news just showed the cheap shot(again)that Kobe threw at Manu in the SPURS OT win against the fakers on Sunday.

The more I watch Kobe, the more I don't like him on and off the court. He has NO class whatsoever.

buff4life
01-29-2007, 11:34 PM
got a clip of it

District303aPastPlayer
01-29-2007, 11:40 PM
the clip of it was that Manu was blocking his shot... Kobe followed thru with his shot and Manu kept falling towards him. Calling it a cheap shot is lying, it was far from a cheap shot. A Cheap Shot is when Bruce Bowen steps under someone as they go up for a layup

JR2004
01-29-2007, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
Channel 5 news just showed the cheap shot(again)that Kobe threw at Manu in the SPURS OT win against the fakers on Sunday.

The more I watch Kobe, the more I don't like him on and off the court. He has NO class whatsoever.

Glass House

Keep trying though!

luvhoops34
01-30-2007, 12:07 AM
Wow all of yall have a bad case of SPURS envy.:rolleyes:

I saw the clip. If you call following thru with the shot, flopping your arm back and hitting the defensive player in the nose, then that's exactly what Kobe did.:D

Bull Butter
01-30-2007, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
Glass House

Keep trying though!

3 NBA Championship titles

Keep trying though!

luvhoops34
01-30-2007, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Bull Butter

Keep trying though!

It's about time I got some back up!:D

mwynn05
01-30-2007, 12:13 AM

Keep trying though! uh LA has won like 3 times that many

mwynn05
01-30-2007, 12:15 AM
heres the clip
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-a7TGrVIu3o
make your own opinion...doesnt look very natural to me and ive played for 15 years

kaorder1999
01-30-2007, 12:18 AM
wow...that was a cheap shot. No doubt about it

kaorder1999
01-30-2007, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
the clip of it was that Manu was blocking his shot... Kobe followed thru with his shot and Manu kept falling towards him. Calling it a cheap shot is lying, it was far from a cheap shot. A Cheap Shot is when Bruce Bowen steps under someone as they go up for a layup
thats not a follow through....

Bull Butter
01-30-2007, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by mwynn05
uh LA has won like 3 times that many

And the Celtics have won twice as many as LA. Your point would be...........................

Heyoverthere
01-30-2007, 12:28 AM
like this game matters!!!!! the MAVS are going to win it so stop fighting!! lol ;)

mwynn05
01-30-2007, 12:54 AM
And the Celtics have won twice as many as LA. Your point would be........................... how many titles the celtics have won has nothing to do with this...he is a lakers fan (maybe you can correlate why i mentioned how many more titles the lakers have won than the spurs now) you're taking shots like he's a mavs fan when he isnt just making yourself look stupid by assuming things

JR2004
01-30-2007, 01:03 AM

Keep trying though!

LOL...I'm glad you're satisfied with 3 titles...The Flagship Franchise was at 3 in 1952. You silly fans of Stealajobovich and his whiners!

JR2004
01-30-2007, 01:06 AM
uh LA has won like 3 times that many

Yeah it's been a few more than 3...28 appearances in the finals and 14 titles. That roughly equates to being in the finals every other year since the league's inception. If only there had been no Bill Russell the count would be higher than 14. Even though it was well before my time he kept the Lakers from having several more.

JR2004
01-30-2007, 01:09 AM
And the Celtics have won twice as many as LA. Your point would be...........................

The Celtics have 16 (but none since 86 and they were foiled in their attempt at number 17 by the Showtime Lakers in 87.)...That would be two more titles. That sure is some fuzzy math you've come up with there.

bulldogman06
01-30-2007, 01:42 AM
are you from LA JR2004? surely not, you seem to at least know something about what you talk about (not intended as a diss to you, just to the hollywood morons). and who in the hell is stealajobovich? i know coach pop, the gm and head coach, great guy with a TON of class. cant say the same for phil jackson. whiners? whatever, if thats what you think, i wont be able to convince you otherwise. But the spurs are a bunch of class acts, Bowen may play rough defense, but its defense, he doesnt smack the guy in the face after shots. oh, and he spends his weekends working with people less fortunate than him...., not in Colorado. Kobe is an excellent player, but he has to be frustrated right now that A: the rest of his team isnt that good, and B: he still has Jackson, and we all know how they feel about each other.

bobcat1
01-30-2007, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer

Somebody needs glasses:nerd: . Cheap shot all the way. Cheap is as Cheap does. Kobe is a pig of a person. I lost respect for him after the Colorado incident. He was supposed to be this "classy guy" and all of a sudden he turns to a pig? I don't think so. I believe he was a pig all along. I do not like the NBA and never will.

JasperDog94
01-30-2007, 09:09 AM
I don't know about the rest of you guys, but in my follow-through I always sling my arm at an awkward angle to the right.:D

Adidas410s
01-30-2007, 09:22 AM
all I have to add is that Manu takes so many flops that this situation will never be totally clear. ;)

dogdad
01-30-2007, 09:23 AM
although I'm a Mavs fan, I will defend the classiness of the Spurs. Kobe cannot even be compared to these guys, he's a turd. Like LA? take I-10 west.

jason
01-30-2007, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
all I have to add is that Manu takes so many flops that this situation will never be totally clear. ;) i agree...it was an awkward angle for kobe to follow through on, but if you come within a foot of manu, hes gonna fall down....

JasperDog94
01-30-2007, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by jason
i agree...it was an awkward angle for kobe to follow through on, but if you come within a foot of manu, hes gonna fall down.... Just like Iverson. They both must have gone to the Karl Malone School of Flopping.

Bulldog_12
01-30-2007, 09:39 AM
It wasnt a follow through. Watch it again. It looks like Kobe might fall backwards and maybe puts his arm back in case he does. He then regains his balance and stays on his feet. Manu blocked from behind which pulled Kobe backwards. Everyone wants to find a way to hate on Kobe. It wasnt a cheap shot.

I know when I fall backwards its natural instinct to put my arm backwards to try and stop the fall.

kaorder1999
01-30-2007, 09:40 AM
If its a normal follow th rough and Manu goes down that is one thing but look at the angle Kobes arm takes and how much the momentum of this arm speeds up!

Maroon87
01-30-2007, 09:41 AM
Kobe's a **EDITED**. And a rapist. Allegedly. :p

kaorder1999
01-30-2007, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Kobe's a **EDITED**. And a rapist. Allegedly. :p

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Adidas410s
01-30-2007, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
And a rapist. Allegedly. :p

he was exonerated of those charges! ;)

kaorder1999
01-30-2007, 09:49 AM
Michael was too of his charges....OJ was too of his charges....

Ranger Mom
01-30-2007, 09:53 AM
How can yall tell anything with that clip??

I don't claim to know anything about basketball, especially the NBA, but from THAT view, it looked accidental to me!!

I guess had I seen it happen in the game, I might think differently!

kaorder1999
01-30-2007, 09:54 AM
in a normal follow through the shooters elbow would pretty much stay stationary and NOT go at a hard 90 defree angle to the right towards someones head.

JasperDog94
01-30-2007, 10:09 AM
RM, you are correct about that being a tough angle to see it from. I watched the clip several times and you have to watch Kobe's elbow and how it makes a jerk to the right. That's not in any way, shape, or form a normal motion.

seasick4
01-30-2007, 10:22 AM
The whole NBA sucks.

District303aPastPlayer
01-30-2007, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by seasick4
The whole NBA sucks.

finally someone says something that makes sense

Sftball4Life
01-30-2007, 10:58 AM
Manu may flop more than a fish out of water - but he didn't fake all the blood he was spilling. They had cotton up his nose, inside his lip and had to swab blood from the corner of his right eye. I watched the game - it looked completely intentional to me. The shot was blocked and Kobe took him out so he could have another chance to shoot off the block.

And all this was right after he stuck his tongue out and shook his head no like a freakin' 5-year old at the other end of the floor when the refs didn't give a foul call to SA.

He's one of the best offensive players to ever play the game without all the drama......... GROW UP

Bulldog_12
01-30-2007, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
How can yall tell anything with that clip??

I don't claim to know anything about basketball, especially the NBA, but from THAT view, it looked accidental to me!!

I guess had I seen it happen in the game, I might think differently!

No, the only way to see it any differently is to be a spurs fan/Kobe hater.

kaorder1999
01-30-2007, 12:01 PM
im sure not a spurs fan though I do dislike Kobe. It doesnt take me being a rocket scientist to see that his elbow takes a direct right towards the face of Manu. The league just might fine him for this. He deserves it.

Fotbol
01-30-2007, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
Michael was too of his charges....OJ was too of his charges.... but Charles Manson, and The Uni bomber wasn't

kaorder1999
01-30-2007, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Fotbol
but Charles Manson, and The Uni bomber wasn't

your point?

Bulldog_12
01-30-2007, 12:14 PM
im sure not a spors fan though I do dislike Kobe. It doesnt take me being a rocket scientist to see that his elbow takes a direct right towards the face of Manu. The league just might fine him for this. He deserves it.

Go look at it again. It might not take a rocket scientist, but I guess it takes eyes better than yours. Manu gets hit with kobes fore-arm. His arm is completely extended. It looks like he did a natural instinct and extended his arm to regain balance. Nobody mentions that Kobe's other arm extends out the other way. Hmmm, if he is attempting to elbow Manu in the face, why are both of his arms extended and he is falling backwards?:thinking:

kaorder1999
01-30-2007, 12:15 PM
it doesnt matter...it could be argued forever back and forth and everyone is going to think they are right.

kaorder1999
01-30-2007, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Go look at it again. It might not take a rocket scientist, but I guess it takes eyes better than yours.

good one!! :clap:

Fotbol
01-30-2007, 12:24 PM
your point? Funny I was going to ask you the same thing about the O.J. and Michael comment.

kaorder1999
01-30-2007, 12:27 PM
mainly because they were two prominent court cases where the majority thought they were guilty but were found not-guilty.....as in Kobe's case

Fotbol
01-30-2007, 12:29 PM
mainly because they were to prominent court cases where the majority thought they were guilty but were found not-guilty. What majority, society, the jury, or who?

Sftball4Life
01-30-2007, 12:43 PM
from ESPN.com

Kobe suspended tonight vs. Knicks

Kobe Bryant was suspended by the NBA for Tuesday night's Lakers game against the Knicks at Madison Square Garden for striking the Spurs' Manu Ginobili in the face on Sunday.

Bryant hit Ginobili with 2.7 seconds remaining in the Lakers' eventual overtime loss to the Spurs. However, the Lakers guard was not ejected and finished with 31 points in the 96-94 loss.

JasperDog94
01-30-2007, 01:18 PM
I guess the NBA thought it was flagrant. :D

luvhoops34
01-30-2007, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Sftball4Life
from ESPN.com

Kobe suspended tonight vs. Knicks

Kobe Bryant was suspended by the NBA for Tuesday night's Lakers game against the Knicks at Madison Square Garden for striking the Spurs' Manu Ginobili in the face on Sunday.

Bryant hit Ginobili with 2.7 seconds remaining in the Lakers' eventual overtime loss to the Spurs. However, the Lakers guard was not ejected and finished with 31 points in the 96-94 loss.

L M A O :D :D :D

I guess the NBA thought Kobe hit Manu on purpose, TOO!!!!!

Of course, suspending him from playing against the Knicks doesn't mean squat. Too bad it wasn't when the fakers were playing the mavs or the suns.

I feel soooo vindicated. :D :D

eagles_victory
01-30-2007, 03:46 PM
Too bad it wasn't when the fakers were playing the mavs or the suns.

. a fan of the biggest flopping team in NBA history is going to call someone else the fakers? :rolleyes:

Rabbit'93
01-30-2007, 03:50 PM
I can't stand the Spurs...but I dislike Kobe even more. I saw him play against the mavs and he was a punk then. Whining, staring down the refs, swinging elbows. PUNK!

big daddy russ
01-30-2007, 03:52 PM
Watched the game last night, and as one of the biggest Spurs fans (and biggest Kobe haters) on the planet, that was the furthest thing in the world from a cheap shot. It was Kobe's normal follow-through on an off-balance shot like that.

Maroon87
01-30-2007, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
a fan of the biggest flopping team in NBA history is going to call someone else the fakers? :rolleyes:

This from a fan of the biggest conspiracy theory team in NBA history.:p

luvhoops34
01-30-2007, 07:27 PM
Look who's whining and crying now........

Kobe tried to appeal the NBA's decision making him sit out tonight's game with the Knicks. The League turned him down flat. LOL

Then you have the #1 whiner, Phil Jackson, trying to say Kobe didn't do it on purpose. Yea right....That's why Kobe stuck his tongue out at the Spurs when he didn't get the foul called on him.

Oh and I just saw the clip again of him INTENTIONALLY hitting Manu in the face. Manu must be a really good actor to fake all that blood. Maybe he should be in the movies.:D

mwynn05
01-30-2007, 07:30 PM
Look who's whining and crying now........

Kobe tried to appeal the NBA's decision making him sit out tonight's game with the Knicks. The League turned him down flat. LOL

Then you have the #1 whiner, Phil Jackson, trying to say Kobe didn't do it on purpose. Yea right....That's why Kobe stuck his tongue out at the Spurs when he didn't get the foul called on him.

Oh and I just saw the clip again of him INTENTIONALLY hitting Manu in the face. Manu must be a really good actor to fake all that blood. Maybe he should be in the movies.:D Okay what in the WORLD does Kobe's intent have to do with ginobli bleeding????

luvhoops34
01-30-2007, 07:39 PM
Okay what in the WORLD does Kobe's intent have to do with ginobli bleeding????

I have no idea what you're talking about.....

Kobe got suspended from tonight's game because he HIT Manu in the face. If you have a problem with it, take it up with the NBA. :D

Emerson1
01-30-2007, 07:46 PM
He was just trying to draw the foul, manu should know all about flopping. No one on the spurs complained about it even after it happened, David Stern just wants the knicks to make the playoffs

Emerson1
01-30-2007, 07:58 PM

The spurs didn't think he did on purpose either. If they did you could guarantee Bruce Bowen would of given him a shot during OT.

mwynn05
01-30-2007, 08:35 PM

Bandera YaYa
01-31-2007, 02:11 PM
It's about time I got some back up!:D I'M HERE, I'M HERE!!!! Kobe is arrogant and yes that was an intentional hit. But Manu can take it....he's a stud!! :inlove: :inlove:

Whereas, Kobe is not....every time I see him stick that long pointy tongue out, I about puke! YUCK!!!!! AND, Manu has more integrity in his little toe......Kobe cheats on his wife.....Kobe is NO man in my eyes! :hand:

Bandera YaYa
01-31-2007, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Fotbol
Funny I was going to ask you the same thing about the O.J. and Michael comment. No one will EVER convince me Michael Jackson doesn't molest young boys....ever since I watched the words "I let them sleep over..in my bed....it's fun" come outta his twisted mouth. The dude is just plain sick and I wish he was banned from the US. Same goes for OJ....he got away with murder....I watched his trial and will never forget his facial expressions....really creepy smug look...the same one he always presents when being interviewed to this day, I think he finds it hilarious he was acquitted...arrogant SOB!! So arrogant that he writes a book about "how he WOULD have killed Nicole". Sorry there Leon....just call it like I see it! :D AND thank God Manson and the bomer guy are put away.....they deserved to be shot after sentencing!

Bandera YaYa
01-31-2007, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
The spurs didn't think he did on purpose either. If they did you could guarantee Bruce Bowen would of given him a shot during OT. I think you talk just to hear yourself talk!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: P.S. Your sig is dumb.