PDA

View Full Version : Singletary to interview with Cows tmrw

Adidas410s
01-29-2007, 07:11 PM
according to local ESPN affiliate. This could be to fulfill the NFL requirement of interviewing a minority candidate but I sure hope he's given a fair shake. :)

kaorder1999
01-29-2007, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
according to local ESPN affiliate. This could be to fulfill the NFL requirement of interviewing a minority candidate but I sure hope he's given a fair shake. :)
that was exactly what I was about to say

kaorder1999
01-29-2007, 07:27 PM
technically I think they could say they tried to pursue Lovie Smith and they would meet the requirement. I might be wrong!!

pirate4state
01-29-2007, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

ummmmmmmmmmm, I read an article this morning that said they had alreayd fulfilled the NFL requirement of interviewing a minority candidate. One of the assistant coaches already with the Cowboys. :confused: Local NBC affiliate just announced that Turner was the lead candidate and that he was the final coach they had planned to interview. :confused:

Who knows.

Adidas410s
01-29-2007, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
ummmmmmmmmmm, I read an article this morning that said they had alreayd fulfilled the NFL requirement of interviewing a minority candidate. One of the assistant coaches already with the Cowboys. :confused: Local NBC affiliate just announced that Turner was the lead candidate and that he was the final coach they had planned to interview. :confused:

Who knows.

He was the final coach that they planned to interview...until late this afternoon evidently. That was what ESPN and all local media had been reporting since yesterday. Interesting indeed...

kaorder1999
01-29-2007, 07:31 PM
could be interviewing Singletary for the DC job under Turner.

pirate4state
01-29-2007, 07:32 PM
:doh: To fulfill (don't even get me started on this :rolleyes: ) the NFL's policy to interview a minority they interviewed secondary coach Todd Bowles.

kaorder1999
01-29-2007, 07:34 PM
its a stupid rule...but oh well

Macarthur
01-29-2007, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
could be interviewing Singletary for the DC job under Turner.

That's my thought exactly.

Norv HC & yoda to Garrett & Romo

Singletary for DC. He coaches the 3-4 and his intensity would make up for Norv's laid back demenor.

Man, that's a pretty solid staff right there.

After Norv, theoretically you would have two guys that would be ready to move up.

Adidas410s
01-29-2007, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
That's my thought exactly.

Norv HC & yoda to Garrett & Romo

Singletary for DC. He coaches the 3-4 and his intensity would make up for Norv's laid back demenor.

Man, that's a pretty solid staff right there.

After Norv, theoretically you would have two guys that would be ready to move up.

that idea was thrown out by Randy Galloway this afternoon. My only thought...if the intensity is on defense...how can he get out there and get after Eldo Owens??? :thinking:

SintonFan_inAustin
01-29-2007, 07:50 PM
Singletary might just suprise JJ and make singletary the HC if he is getting a interview.

Bullaholic
01-29-2007, 07:55 PM
Singletary as DC would be a good hire---he certainly knows defense and I like his personality---he would be pretty forcefull in his handling of players, and I think the Dallas "D" could use a little of that--they don't seem to have a leader on the field.

kepdawg
01-29-2007, 10:53 PM
Speculation is that the NFL told Jerry they'd like him to interview another minority in addition to Bowles.

Singletary would not be able to come in as DC as it would be a lateral move.

mwynn05
01-29-2007, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Speculation is that the NFL told Jerry they'd like him to interview another minority in addition to Bowles.

Singletary would not be able to come in as DC as it would be a lateral move. It might not be as lateral as you might think....If he turns this Cowboy defense to one of the top defenses he will get a head coaching job that much faster

Bullaholic
01-29-2007, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg

Singletary would not be able to come in as DC as it would be a lateral move.

You're right, kep. The Cowboys would probably have to pay a penalty in the form of compensation or trades if the hire is a lateral move.

burnet44
01-29-2007, 11:03 PM
like SD aint got no D
cant see him comming
he might throw TO under the bus
and kick JJ out of Arlington

hey
hire Mike

kepdawg
01-29-2007, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
It might not be as lateral as you might think....If he turns this Cowboy defense to one of the top defenses he will get a head coaching job that much faster

NFL doesn't allow lateral moves. The 49ers would have to be willing to let Singletary go to the Cowboys and receive compensation from the Cowboys for doing so.

I'm assuming the NFL would view the move as lateral.

Assistant HC/Defense of 49ers --> DC of Cowboys