PDA

View Full Version : Shorty's in Falls City/Poth

44INAROW
01-29-2007, 12:37 PM
We're thinking about making a run to Shorty's this weekend for supper - anyone know what their hours are on Saturdays? Luvhoops - how far away are you from there?

Blastoderm55
01-29-2007, 12:59 PM
Is it as good as the Shorty's in Beeville? The one here is a magnificent gallery of death. The greater is a stuffed kangaroo with a hat and apron, and their are countless deer mounted everywhere, along with a tiger and some other interesting beasts.

Adidas410s
01-29-2007, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Is it as good as the Shorty's in Beeville? The one here is a magnificent gallery of death. The greater is a stuffed kangaroo with a hat and apron, and their are countless deer mounted everywhere, along with a tiger and some other interesting beasts.

I take it you're a vegetarian... ;)

Blastoderm55
01-29-2007, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I take it you're a vegetarian... ;)

Hah, hell no! :p I just have difficulty eating my steak with all those eyes looking at me.

Blastoderm55
01-29-2007, 01:27 PM
This is one of the guys who looks at me and taunts me while dining.

http://www.beeville.net/Shorty'sPlace/Shorty's%20Buffalo%20DCP_4451_small.JPG

Apparently he, just like Jessican Simpson, thought my buffalo wings came from real buffalos. :p

pirate4state
01-29-2007, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
We're thinking about making a run to Shorty's this weekend for supper - anyone know what their hours are on Saturdays? Luvhoops - how far away are you from there?

What do they serve there? Falls City/Poth isn't that far of a drive to meet up with you guys. I love inviting myself places. :p

44INAROW
01-29-2007, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
What do they serve there? Falls City/Poth isn't that far of a drive to meet up with you guys. I love inviting myself places. :p

I'll keep you posted if we do in fact go :) Family style cooking - steaks mostly and they also bring 2 veggies of the day to the table - along with the fries/baked potatoes........ It is really good............... We'll know by Friday if we are going and I'll holler........

pirate4state
01-29-2007, 02:21 PM
I'll keep you posted if we do in fact go :) Family style cooking - steaks mostly and they also bring 2 veggies of the day to the table - along with the fries/baked potatoes........ It is really good............... We'll know by Friday if we are going and I'll holler........

K :)

bigcat8
01-29-2007, 03:56 PM
shorty's is an awesome place....better be hungry....lots of food will be served.

44INAROW
01-29-2007, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by bigcat8
shorty's is an awesome place....better be hungry....lots of food will be served.

love those big ole steaks..... can't wait.....:p

Blastoderm55
01-29-2007, 04:09 PM
Does that location have The Saddle Blanket too?

44INAROW
01-29-2007, 04:13 PM
Does that location have The Saddle Blanket too?

to be honest, I don't know.. There is a "banquet room" that we've never been in, it might be in there.... There are all kinds of animal heads on the walls.... funny pictures etc...........

Blastoderm55
01-29-2007, 04:17 PM
:p

The Saddle Blanket is their famous double-portion Chicken Fried Steak. Its my favorite item on the menu, at the Beeville location at least.

44INAROW
01-29-2007, 04:20 PM
:p

The Saddle Blanket is their famous double-portion Chicken Fried Steak. Its my favorite item on the menu, at the Beeville location at least.
lol.. oops - that's my fault for not ever looking at the menu - I always just order the Rib-eye - medium rare with a baked potatoe- don't even open the menu......... I always hope they have steamed cabbage and mustard greens :) Does the Beeville location that those crunchy chinese noodles in the salad?

Phil C
01-29-2007, 04:21 PM
I have eaten there several times in the past. Good eating there.

Blastoderm55
01-29-2007, 04:22 PM
We don't have noodles in our salad. :(

Old Green
01-29-2007, 05:38 PM
lol.. oops - that's my fault for not ever looking at the menu - I always just order the Rib-eye - medium rare with a baked potatoe- don't even open the menu......... I always hope they have steamed cabbage and mustard greens :) Does the Beeville location that those crunchy chinese noodles in the salad? I eat there at least once a month. Best steaks around. We've dined in all the areas of the restaurant.

Beeville's Shorty's good too. They have cabbage:)

pirate4state
01-29-2007, 05:48 PM
How far of a drive is that for you 44???

luvhoops34
01-29-2007, 07:05 PM
Lorey,

Sorry but I have been gone all day. Just got in. I love Shorty's in Falls City. It's been a long while since I've eaten there. Cotton runs the one in Falls City and Bryan and his wife have the Shorty's in Pleasanton.

I'll check on their hours for you and pm you with them.
:D

44INAROW
01-29-2007, 08:27 PM
How far of a drive is that for you 44???

hhmm not really sure - maybe about an hour or so...... not bad at all........... we started going when Johnny was in Little League and we'd play Kenedy and Karnes City - and have been going ever since......

Originally posted by luvhoops34
Lorey,

Sorry but I have been gone all day. Just got in. I love Shorty's in Falls City. It's been a long while since I've eaten there. Cotton runs the one in Falls City and Bryan and his wife have the Shorty's in Pleasanton.

Thanks :) maybe a mini meet and greet at Shorty's on Saturday?
:)

CalallenWildcat
01-29-2007, 08:30 PM
True Shorty's loyalists know that it's in Hobson...

and that it's better than the one in Beeville simply because it's the original.

And yes, the guy behind the register chewing on the cigar is the owner, Shorty Beam.

And yes, he's come over and talked to our family before when we were eating there - that's how you know you go too much. LOL

CalallenWildcat
01-29-2007, 08:32 PM
Lorey,

The one in Pleasanton is still open? Last time I went through there it was closed...might have been renovating though. We don't go that way too often though, primarily because we stop off at Shorty's every time we go up that way.

luvhoops34
01-29-2007, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by CalallenWildcat
The one in Pleasanton is still open? Last time I went through there it was closed...might have been renovating though. We don't go that way too often though, primarily because we stop off at Shorty's every time we go up that way.

You know what, they sure could be closed. I haven't been home in ages. Things change.....:(

I'm about 25 miles from Pleasanton and 17 miles from the Shorty's in Falls City.

44INAROW
01-29-2007, 09:43 PM
I'll post on Friday if we do in fact decide to go this weekend...... all depends on the weather etc........ but if we don't go this weekend, we will be going in the near future..... It would be fun to have a get-together :cool:

luvhoops34
01-29-2007, 10:25 PM
I'll post on Friday if we do in fact decide to go this weekend...... all depends on the weather etc........ but if we don't go this weekend, we will be going in the near future..... It would be fun to have a get-together :cool:

Sounds good to me! :D Maybe we can even drag Rita up here from Sin-Tone....;)

44INAROW
01-29-2007, 10:26 PM

sounds like a plan........... :)

luvhoops34
01-29-2007, 10:50 PM
True Shorty's loyalists know that it's in Hobson...

and that it's better than the one in Beeville simply because it's the original.

And yes, the guy behind the register chewing on the cigar is the owner, Shorty Beam.

And yes, he's come over and talked to our family before when we were eating there - that's how you know you go too much. LOL

I've lived in the immediate area for over twenty years and unless they moved it, Shorty's is in Falls City. Granted it's a little south of town, but it has a Falls City address and a Falls City phone number.:D Hell, come to think of it, the only thing in Hobson is St. Boniface and Bordovsky's.

pirate4state
01-29-2007, 11:14 PM

If I'm not dead by then sounds good to me.

I am feeling ill.....AGAIN......:hairpunk: :(

CalallenWildcat
01-29-2007, 11:23 PM
I've lived in the immediate area for over twenty years and unless they moved it, Shorty's is in Falls City. Granted it's a little south of town, but it has a Falls City address and a Falls City phone number.:D Hell, come to think of it, the only thing in Hobson is St. Boniface and Bordovsky's.

That's because Hobson has a Falls City address and a Falls City phone number :D

(not really, but still)

Shorty's is closer to Hobson than to Falls City, or at the very least, directly between them

luvhoops34
01-29-2007, 11:27 PM
If I'm not dead by then sounds good to me.

I am feeling ill.....AGAIN......:hairpunk: :(

Oh no, you're not getting out of it that easy....:devil:

luvhoops34
01-29-2007, 11:28 PM
That's because Hobson has a Falls City address and a Falls City phone number :D

(not really, but still)

Shorty's is closer to Hobson than to Falls City, or at the very least, directly between them

LOL :D Hobson has Karnes City phone numbers and their own post office....:doh:

pirate4state
01-29-2007, 11:30 PM
Oh no, you're not getting out of it that easy....:devil: LOL. I'm not trying to get out of anything. It is just an hour away, I think. I'd be happy to cough all over you guys so I'm not the only one feeling like crap. :D :D

CalallenWildcat
01-29-2007, 11:30 PM
LOL :D Hobson has Karnes City phone numbers and their own post office....:doh:

What do they need the post office for? LOL

And Karnes City is much further away than Falls City :D

I'd love to go up there for a little M&G but, alas, I cannot make it. I will be in the Valley.

pirate4state
01-29-2007, 11:32 PM

I'd love to go up there for a little M&G but, alas, I cannot make it. I will be in the Valley.

Do you ever stay home?? ;) :D

CalallenWildcat
01-29-2007, 11:34 PM
Do you ever stay home?? ;) :D

Not much :D

btw...
for those needing direction http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=7901+US-181,+Falls+City,+TX+78113&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF-8&z=15&ll=28.96681,-97.996674&spn=0.018285,0.043001&om=1

luvhoops34
01-29-2007, 11:36 PM

Don't ask me why they have a post office...LOL Hobson has KC's phone exchange. But prolly bc it's so small. Also, the kids that live in Hobson go to FC schools. :D

I wish I was gonna be in the Valley...:(

CalallenWildcat
01-29-2007, 11:38 PM
Don't ask me why they have Hobson has KC's phone exchange. But prolly bc it's so small. Also, the kids that live in Hobson go to FC schools. :D

I wish I was gonna be in the Valley...:(

You wanna be in the Valley? That may be the first time I have ever heard that...

j/k I really do like the Valley...well, some aspects of it.

luvhoops34
01-30-2007, 12:09 AM
You wanna be in the Valley? That may be the first time I have ever heard that...

j/k I really do like the Valley...well, some aspects of it.

My daughter and grandbaby are in the Valley. Otherwise, you wouldn't catch me down there.:inlove:

CalallenWildcat
01-30-2007, 12:12 AM
My daughter and grandbaby are in the Valley. Otherwise, you wouldn't catch me down there.:inlove:

Ah, understand, understand