PDA

View Full Version : WOW! Sinton gamble pays off BIG!

Chris Hart
11-26-2003, 01:34 PM
This is not a topic on the long drive/loc issue. I knew when I first heard about the time/loc., that it was a smart move by Sinton. The thing I didn't know is exactly how smart it was indeed( I'm not downing Sinton, If I were the big underdog, I too would done the same thing). I just returned from getting my tickets. I figured since I believe this is the last day tickets are on sale in Burnet, that I would not get my normal good seat between the 40 yd. lines somewhere. How wrong I was, I had no problems getting 40 yd. line seats and there are at least a thousand more 40 yd. line seats unsold. Burnet has only sold 1600 tickets eek! as of noon today. I knew our crowd would be small, but it looks like it's going to be awful lonely in the stands Friday. I do hope our boys concentrate on the game and not on the lack of supporters. I'm glad I'm self-employed and the thought of not going never crossed my mind, but I do hate the fact that we will be outnumbered greatly. Go Bulldogs, the few of us that are going to be there will be rabid as always, ya'll just make us proud and bring home the Reg. IV Championship. Good luck to both teams, and may this be an injury free game! Go DAWGS!!!

Burnet '94
11-26-2003, 02:20 PM
If indeed that was their motive Chris, then they succeeded. I would think though, that they would put greater importance on winning the game. In that sense, they failed miserably. It's not a good idea to piis off the #1 team in the state.

BTW, what a difference a year makes. Last years' game was one of the most anticipated matchups for me. Conversely, aside from all the off the field crap, this game feels like Ingram week.

Safe trip to all that are going. I'll be listening on the radio while I'm watching my Horns destroy the poor aggys.

Happy Thanksgiving To All

Phil C
11-26-2003, 02:24 PM
So what. If the two teams play next year we will have to drive to Waco which is much farther for us than Burnet. So things even out kind of.

Ray_BearKat
11-26-2003, 02:42 PM
Burnet '94:
BTW, what a difference a year makes. Last years' game was one of the most anticipated matchups for me. Conversely, aside from all the off the field crap, this game feels like Ingram week.I think those kids at Sinton have done amazing things this year...turned there whole season around. The fact that they graduated their entire team last year does change the game, but I have never met people so c0cky and spoiled as Burnet people. First you cry because Sinton didn't cater to your needs then this...I can see why most people don't like yall. Can't wait till next year when Burnet is 4A so we don't have to put up with all this BS.

<small>[ November 26, 2003, 01:44 PM: Message edited by: Ray_BearKat ]</small>

zippy
11-26-2003, 02:53 PM
I don't consider myself cocky...Spoiled? (maybe)...but not cocky. :D

And as for being 4A next year? "The fat lady ain't sang yet"

turbostud
11-26-2003, 02:54 PM
I have to agree with you RayBearkat. I have seen Sinton play twice and both times the fans were about as classy as you can get. For the most part the Burnet fans on here are alright but man I am begining to think there is a Burnet alter-ego.

zippy
11-26-2003, 03:05 PM
Ya See, there is a difference between Sinton and Burnet fans:

1) Burnet fans are kinda new to the scene of having a reputable football program. Therefore we haven't matured enough to handle it with dignity :o

2) Sinton has established a tradition of having a good football team, therefore, they have had time to adjust and handle things with class :D

MORAL OF THE STORY
Give us poor folks some time, we'll learn

Phil C
11-26-2003, 03:22 PM
Zippy how could you have not already learned especially when you have such intelligent and educated folks like Paintball - the goodwill ambassadore from Burnet. :)

espn1
11-26-2003, 03:23 PM
Ray_BearKat:

Burnet '94:
BTW, what a difference a year makes. Last years' game was one of the most anticipated matchups for me. Conversely, aside from all the off the field crap, this game feels like Ingram week.I think those kids at Sinton have done amazing things this year...turned there whole season around. The fact that they graduated their entire team last year does change the game, but I have never met people so c0cky and spoiled as Burnet people. First you cry because Sinton didn't cater to your needs then this...I can see why most people don't like yall. Can't wait till next year when Burnet is 4A so we don't have to put up with all this BS.I just checked my Crystal Ball and this is what I found out about Burnet next year.
http://www.geocities.com/espn_1@sbcglobal.net/Crystalball.gif

zippy
11-26-2003, 03:41 PM
Well Phil C....I guess we are just slow learners. I don't know if it's because we live in the Cedar Breaks (cedar pollon) and live off deer meat or because we drink our water straight out of the lake or.. could it be because we still make our own moonshine?... I just don't know. :D

Old Dog
11-26-2003, 04:17 PM
Phil, if PB is who I think he is, he one of our more educated folks.....scary ain't it?

Phil C
11-26-2003, 04:39 PM
Old lol Good one!

SINTON81
11-26-2003, 04:40 PM
Old Dog:
Phil, if PB is who I think he is, he one of our more educated folks.....scary ain't it?Sometimes people are so educated that they can't or won't admit when they are wrong.

PAINTBALL
11-26-2003, 04:55 PM
SINTON81:

Old Dog:
Phil, if PB is who I think he is, he one of our more educated folks.....scary ain't it?Sometimes people are so educated that they can't or won't admit when they are wrong.I may not be eating crow afterall. It looks like there may be only 5,000-6,000 fans at the game for a loss of about $15,000-$20,000 to each school. I really did hope I was wrong on that one. What else did I say that you think I was wrong about?

SINTON81
11-26-2003, 05:19 PM
PAINTBALL:

SINTON81:

Old Dog:
Phil, if PB is who I think he is, he one of our more educated folks.....scary ain't it?Sometimes people are so educated that they can't or won't admit when they are wrong.I may not be eating crow afterall. It looks like there may be only 5,000-6,000 fans at the game for a loss of about $15,000-$20,000 to each school. I really did hope I was wrong on that one. What else did I say that you think I was wrong about?You may be right about the money loss to the schools, I don't know. All I'm saying is that I don't think the football players are thinking about how much money the schools make or don't make. All they want to do is win the prize at the end. I think we should just let them play the game and be proud they all got this far.

<small>[ November 26, 2003, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: SINTON81 ]</small>

Rabbit'93
11-26-2003, 05:21 PM
QUOTE] I think we should just let them play the game and be proud they all got this far.[/QB][/QUOTE]

That just wouldn't be good enough for Burnet folks.

PAINTBALL
11-26-2003, 05:22 PM
SINTON81:

PAINTBALL:

SINTON81:

Old Dog:
Phil, if PB is who I think he is, he one of our more educated folks.....scary ain't it?Sometimes people are so educated that they can't or won't admit when they are wrong.I may not be eating crow afterall. It looks like there may be only 5,000-6,000 fans at the game for a loss of about $15,000-$20,000 to each school. I really did hope I was wrong on that one. What else did I say that you think I was wrong about?You may be right about the money loss to the schools, I don't know. All I'm saying is that I don't think the football players are thinking about how much money the schools make or don't make. All they want to do is win the prize at the end. I think we should just let them play the game and be proud they all got this far.I agree. It doesn't sound like we disagree on anything

29east
11-26-2003, 07:34 PM
Phil C:
So what. If the two teams play next year we will have to drive to Waco which is much farther for us than Burnet. So things even out kind of.Burnet would not ask sinton to do that....If we play next year it would be in San Antonio.

Rabbit'93
11-26-2003, 07:46 PM
Naw they just asked Everman to do it last year. wink

29east
11-26-2003, 08:25 PM
Rabbit'93:
Naw they just asked Everman to do it last year. wink If I am wrong let me know... But aren't the division 1 championship games set before the season starts????

slpybear the bullfan
11-26-2003, 09:38 PM
No, they are not.

HotDawg89
11-27-2003, 02:07 AM
Rabbit'93:
Naw they just asked Everman to do it last year. wink We played at the Dome- but you probably knew that already. IF we had played in Waco, it wouldn't have been bad for Everman, as it is only a little more than halfway. Now had we asked Everman to play in say....Austin, and the Everman football team had to drive right through our town to get there, and we only had a 30 minute trip... well- they'd have the right to gripe about it.

And if you guys think for a second that if Burnet didn't have an opportunity to play Sinton in Waco, and make them drive- you are wrong, but it doesn't make it right...

I'm over my fit of rage over the whole thing. I still think it is a little chicken poopy of them to do such a thing. But it makess for a better game. One emotional fan can take the place of the other 5000 who won't be coming.

Gosh, it's the day after Thanksgiving for Pete's sake. Not many people will even be around Burnet to start with.

bleedmaroon
11-27-2003, 02:15 AM
as in Austin is farther than San Antonio?

espn1
11-27-2003, 09:32 AM
They both wanted to play indoors last year that arguement doesn't hold water.

sinfan75
11-27-2003, 09:46 AM
HotDawg89:

Rabbit'93:
Naw they just asked Everman to do it last year. wink We played at the Dome- but you probably knew that already. IF we had played in Waco, it wouldn't have been bad for Everman, as it is only a little more than halfway. Now had we asked Everman to play in say....Austin, and the Everman football team had to drive right through our town to get there, and we only had a 30 minute trip... well- they'd have the right to gripe about it.

And if you guys think for a second that if Burnet didn't have an opportunity to play Sinton in Waco, and make them drive- you are wrong, but it doesn't make it right...

I'm over my fit of rage over the whole thing. I still think it is a little chicken poopy of them to do such a thing. But it makess for a better game. One emotional fan can take the place of the other 5000 who won't be coming.

Gosh, it's the day after Thanksgiving for Pete's sake. Not many people will even be around Burnet to start with.

sinfan75
11-27-2003, 09:54 AM
HotDawg89:

Rabbit'93:

Gosh, it's the day after Thanksgiving for Pete's sake. Not many people will even be around Burnet to start with.You need to buy a map and look at it.You don't HAVE to drive through Sinton to get to Corpus.If I was drivin to Corpus from Burnet I'd get on IH37 in San Antonio and cruise.It's all 4 lane.But I'm sure some of you will drive THROUGH Sinton(even though Sinton has a by-pass)just so you can cry about it on the LOW!!

bleedmaroon
11-27-2003, 10:05 AM
And if you do drive through, don't forget to stop and visit a bit. There are some antique stores downtown and let's not forget about the world famous Aunt Aggie De's.

spaniard
11-27-2003, 10:19 AM
bleedmaroon:
And if you do drive through, don't forget to stop and visit a bit. There are some antique stores downtown and let's not forget about the world famous Aunt Aggie De's.does she sell tortilla burgers? wink

sinfan75
11-27-2003, 10:24 AM
Naw she makes pralenes.

bleedmaroon
11-27-2003, 10:30 AM
Thanks spaniard. How could I forget about the world famous tortilla burgers?

District303aPastPlayer
11-28-2003, 02:02 PM
the Tortilla Burgers are sold at Tasty Taco... that place is caddy corner from Circle K