PDA

View Full Version : i celebrated...

jason
01-28-2007, 07:10 PM
...my cousins 30th birthday this weekend...we went down to old gruene hall and saw wade bowen play...it was im first time goin down there, its a pretty neat place...

turns out, 2 of my cousins were wade's neighbor when they were at texas tech, and they knew him when he was still learning how to play the guitar...they said they talked to him for a long time before the concert last nite, and they tried to find me to introduce me, but my girlfriend had me occupied elsewhere....

would like to see kevin fowler or rany rogers there...

kf is playing in stephenville this friday night though....

44INAROW
01-28-2007, 07:27 PM
did you eat at The Gristmill?

jason
01-28-2007, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
did you eat at The Gristmill? we sure did...we had a party of 18, and we made the mistake and asked for first available, because we were in a rush to make it to gruene hall in time...well they sat us outside, and once the sun went down, so did the temperature...it was pretty miserable...we told them to bring our checks with our food, the food was good...but we ate it too fast and couldnt enjoy it because it was so cold...

Emerson1
01-28-2007, 08:33 PM
Girlfriend? You are finally to lazy to get up and get your own beer.

jason
01-28-2007, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Girlfriend? You are finally to lazy to get up and get your own beer. haha...we were at the lake friday nite at the water with the neighbors and she made the trip up to the house twice before she finally realized she could bring more than 2 at a time haha....i think the hill figured that one out for her lol...

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-28-2007, 08:52 PM
Wade's a nice guy, I met him down in Brady at the Goat cookoff he went to high school with a girl I know. Wade and Kevin Fowler were both in San Angelo playing at different places on Thursday night. I went and saw Kevin because it wasn't as crowded.

CHS_CG
01-28-2007, 09:25 PM
Randy plays here on wednesday and then kevin plays saturday night. gunna be a busy week in college station bc not only those two but tuesday night buckcherry and 3 days grace are in college station also. My friends and i might get a chili team together for chilifest this year if so we will get to meet all the bands.. we dont know who for sure is playin except we know cross canadian ragweed will be there. it would be really neat to get to meet any of the texas country bands.

Gobbla2001
01-29-2007, 12:47 AM
I met Bowen after he did an acoustic deal in Victoria... thanked us for coming out...

The nicest guy on the circuit would have to be Brandon Rhyder... the dude will have a conversation with you, and when a fan slides through to get an autograph you'll think he's done, but he'll say "hold on" and finish the conversation...

but he'll damn near bum you out of cigs... should have enough dough to buy his own...

thatsminty
01-29-2007, 12:50 AM
that's why you should be the one to bum cigs, derek...i mean, havent you learned anything yet?

Gobbla2001
01-29-2007, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by thatsminty
that's why you should be the one to bum cigs, derek...i mean, havent you learned anything yet?

who's derek?

thatsminty
01-29-2007, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
whose derek?

oh yeah, you're right...I meant to type, "you loser"

I apologize

thatsminty
01-29-2007, 12:53 AM
*actually I don't really apologize, I just wrote that to make you feel at least 5% special

other than that I didn't mean it at all.

Gobbla2001
01-29-2007, 12:56 AM
*actually I don't really apologize, I just wrote that to make you feel at least 5% special

other than that I didn't mean it at all.

mandolin

thatsminty
01-29-2007, 12:57 AM
I believe you've got me confused with another great being in this world.

no...there is only one, so maybe you're correct.

Gobbla2001
01-29-2007, 01:01 AM
too damn spunky to be anyone else ;)

thatsminty
01-29-2007, 01:02 AM
too damn spunky to be anyone else ;)

;) I glide along these parts like a goldfish in a tank too small for my own intelligence.

Gobbla2001
01-29-2007, 01:03 AM
;) I glide along these parts like a goldfish in a tank too small for my own intelligence.

you'll forget everything in 3 seconds...

thatsminty
01-29-2007, 01:04 AM
you'll forget everything in 3 seconds...

;)

unlike you my memory actually lingers on much longer than anything else that I've ever encountered

Gobbla2001
01-29-2007, 01:07 AM
;)

unlike you my memory actually lingers on much longer than anything else that I've ever encountered

okay, four and a half seconds...

thatsminty
01-29-2007, 01:09 AM
:D
so, how about you ignore me and not respond to my myspace message. no, no I mean it's okay, it's not that I care or anything.

because I don't. In fact I don't care at all and the only reason I brought it up was to tell you how much I didn't care...yeah, cuz I don't

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-29-2007, 01:09 AM
okay, four and a half seconds...

I actually watched an episode of Mythbusters that was about goldfish memory. They actually trained some to do through different obstacles and barriers. The fish actually retained information about to get through faster so they in fact may have some sort of longterm memory.

Gobbla2001
01-29-2007, 01:10 AM
my computer was jacked up back then...

I came by your house but no one answered :devil:

thatsminty
01-29-2007, 01:11 AM
yeah, I normally dont answer the door when I see a man on the front door step in an orange jump suit...

Gobbla2001
01-29-2007, 01:12 AM
well someone had hired a stripper... had to have a costume...

thatsminty
01-29-2007, 01:14 AM
even with the feet chains and handcuffs? You really went all out, especially the 20 minutes it took you from the taxi to the front door

I should have paid you extra for coming out...but I was quite entertained watching you stumble over yourself

Gobbla2001
01-29-2007, 01:16 AM
the handcuffs and chains were for you... the jumpsuit had no pockets, plus I didn't want anyone stealing them so I locked 'em on myself... I was gunna get you to unlock me... shoulda seen where I hid the key...

went all out...

thatsminty
01-29-2007, 01:18 AM
hahaha I have a wild guess as to where the key was "hidden"

and now I'm even MORE thankful that I didnt answer...how was my old neighbor across the street? I saw her come out and wink at you...

Gobbla2001
01-29-2007, 01:21 AM
she was nice... she was in on the surprise...

she even helped unlock the cuffs and chains...

the key was in my sock... always heard you had a foot fetish... glad your old neighbor doesn't...

thatsminty
01-29-2007, 01:23 AM
she actually told me the key was hidden in a pocket near your elbow, because she has a hard time finding it.

she is quite old and had forgot to keep ya'lls secret, well...a secret...

you're such a weirdo

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-29-2007, 01:23 AM
she was nice... she was in on the surprise...

she even helped unlock the cuffs and chains...

the key was in my sock... always heard you had a foot fetish... glad your old neighbor doesn't...

She does like the feet.

Gobbla2001
01-29-2007, 01:24 AM
well your old neighbor is a liar...

it was in my sock...

I'm never workin' in that town again...

thatsminty
01-29-2007, 01:24 AM
nah, what i enjoy and actually enjoy a lot is when someone plays this song "smile" acoustic

and im listening to the song right now
gah
i love this

Gobbla2001
01-29-2007, 01:25 AM
oh, and check your myspace... and that's an order

thatsminty
01-29-2007, 01:25 AM
you really shouldn't fish, it's just full of a bunch of old folks homes and people with IQs much smaller than their shoe size.

it is a scary place.

Gobbla2001
01-29-2007, 01:26 AM
this song "smile"

who does that?

I would learn it for you, but if you like it I won't...

thatsminty
01-29-2007, 01:28 AM
it's by weezer

it's on their green album

he did it acoustically

and gah

i enjoy it

Gobbla2001
01-29-2007, 01:29 AM
I know him, I'll get him to play it for you... but you'll have to un-chain and un-cuff him, and I hear he hides his key somewhere dark and smelly...

Gobbla2001
01-29-2007, 01:31 AM
ahhh, she graces the top of my comments again...

thatsminty
01-29-2007, 01:32 AM
oh yeah

he has it in a drawer that sits in his closet for when he does his meditation

Gobbla2001
01-29-2007, 01:33 AM
no... it's in his sock... though your old neighbor would swear it's in a secret pocket by his ear-hole...

thatsminty
01-29-2007, 01:35 AM
she does grace the top of the comments
isnt she amazing?

yeah, she's a little old to be out wandering the streets alone...

Gobbla2001
01-29-2007, 01:38 AM
so amanzing

thatsminty
01-29-2007, 01:40 AM
;)

Gobbla2001
01-29-2007, 01:43 AM
whatever... I'm done hijacking threads for the night...

check and make sure your neighbor isn't by your window again...

thatsminty
01-29-2007, 01:51 AM
alright loser, check your space again...my neighbor leaves her regards

Adidas410s
01-29-2007, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
Randy plays here on wednesday and then kevin plays saturday night. gunna be a busy week in college station bc not only those two but tuesday night buckcherry and 3 days grace are in college station also. My friends and i might get a chili team together for chilifest this year if so we will get to meet all the bands.. we dont know who for sure is playin except we know cross canadian ragweed will be there. it would be really neat to get to meet any of the texas country bands.

Chilifest won't have that great of a lineup this year...this is a show taking place two weeks later in CS so these bands will NOT be at Chilifest:

2007 Ducks Unlimited Show, April 14, 2007 @ Wolf Pen Creek Ampitheatre

Randy Rogers Band
Reckless Kelly
Wade Bowen
Micky & the Motorcars
Rich O'Toole

Tickets are $20 advance and $25 DOS

CHS_CG
01-29-2007, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Chilifest won't have that great of a lineup this year...this is a show taking place two weeks later in CS so these bands will NOT be at Chilifest:

2007 Ducks Unlimited Show, April 14, 2007 @ Wolf Pen Creek Ampitheatre

Randy Rogers Band
Reckless Kelly
Wade Bowen
Micky & the Motorcars
Rich O'Toole

Tickets are $20 advance and $25 DOS

I will be goin to that too so I am not worried about it.

bhtrainer
01-29-2007, 09:03 AM
yeah but nothin beats Gruene Hall...that place is amazing the first time i went to a concert there i was 12...i went to see Pat Green...now he never plays there...hes to good for the small stuff now...

Adidas410s
01-29-2007, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by bhtrainer
yeah but nothin beats Gruene Hall...that place is amazing the first time i went to a concert there i was 12...i went to see Pat Green...now he never plays there...hes to good for the small stuff now...

I guess you missed the show he's doing in Linden, TX in a few weeks...the venue only holds about 400 or 500 people. Maybe you missed when he played at Gruene Hall LAST MONTH (December 6th to be exact) followed by stops at Luckenbach, The Tap, and Banita DH (New Braunfels) after that. He still plays plenty of small venues...people such as yourself just fail to realize it because you've made up your minds without looking at the facts...:(

bhtrainer
01-29-2007, 01:08 PM
k well first of all guy above me...i have not made up my mind about anything...pat green has always been and will always be my favorite singer ever...i own every t-shirt and have like 9 autographed pics of him....so yeah...and yeah pat green does still play small venues but not like he used to and yes i am aware that he played at gruene hall because i was there...but he used to all the time and now its very rarely...but i have not made up my mind about anything....the only thing i dont care for about him is his new music

Adidas410s
01-29-2007, 01:17 PM
k well first of all guy above me...i have not made up my mind about anything...pat green has always been and will always be my favorite singer ever...i own every t-shirt and have like 9 autographed pics of him....so yeah...and yeah pat green does still play small venues but not like he used to and yes i am aware that he played at gruene hall because i was there...but he used to all the time and now its very rarely...but i have not made up my mind about anything....the only thing i dont care for about him is his new music

He used to play there 2 times a year...Mid-May (after colleges let out) and then right around Thanksgiving. That's been the same pattern since at least 2000...he also did a January show in 2003 and 2004 when he did his two guy like me acoustic tours.

Also...you said this:

i went to see Pat Green...now he never plays there...hes to good for the small stuff now...

and now you're saying "yeah he still plays the small venues...but not like he used to." Make up your mind... ;)

bhtrainer
01-29-2007, 01:21 PM
i hate his new music...and i hate that now hes not all about the small stuff...i hate seein him at big places like reliant for the rodeo...i am aware that he still plays relatively small places...yes sometimes...i went to see him twice in the past like 3 months...tickets were my birthday present again this year...however...hes changed...and no he rarely plays small places anymore...so yeah i did say never and that was my bad...but he really doesnt play them like he used too...

Adidas410s
01-29-2007, 01:27 PM
i hate his new music...and i hate that now hes not all about the small stuff...i hate seein him at big places like reliant for the rodeo...i am aware that he still plays relatively small places...yes sometimes...i went to see him twice in the past like 3 months...tickets were my birthday present again this year...however...hes changed...and no he rarely plays small places anymore...so yeah i did say never and that was my bad...but he really doesnt play them like he used too...

No artist really plays the small places as often as they used to...it would be dumb for them to once they start growing. The same is true for CCR, RRB, and Jack Ingram. They'll still play there a few shows a year...but 1) the venue can't afford to pay them their full amount and 2) they're making little to nothing to play the show after expenses...and often times they lose money. Somebody hears, "Oh RRB is charging $7,000 for a full band show in 2007" and think that they're making a killing. Then you start to think about the 15-20 support people they have to pay, what they make themselves, the costs of transportation, food, and lodging for a day...and you find out that the profit that they make and are able to "put back into the business" is about 5-10% of their fee. As the artists get bigger...they have to make more money to facilitate the level that they are at and continue trying to grow even more.

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-29-2007, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I guess you missed the show he's doing in Linden, TX in a few weeks...the venue only holds about 400 or 500 people. Maybe you missed when he played at Gruene Hall LAST MONTH (December 6th to be exact) followed by stops at Luckenbach, The Tap, and Banita DH (New Braunfels) after that. He still plays plenty of small venues...people such as yourself just fail to realize it because you've made up your minds without looking at the facts...:(

A few months ago he played at Blaines Pub here in front of 150 people max.

bhtrainer
01-29-2007, 01:33 PM
ok your defending him like hes your boifriend or somethin...dang...look ok my bad for sayin NEVER....but RARELY does he...k i dont need all those math numbers to prove anything...k so i have to go to my next class but we can finish this later...K! so chill out just because someone doesnt like the new pat green stuff is no reason for you to freak out...

pirate4state
01-29-2007, 01:35 PM
ok your defending him like hes your boifriend or somethin...dang...look ok my bad for sayin NEVER....but RARELY does he...k i dont need all those math numbers to prove anything...k so i have to go to my next class but we can finish this later...K! so chill out just because someone doesnt like the new pat green stuff is no reason for you to freak out...

LMAO

Adidas410s
01-29-2007, 01:44 PM

I don't think you read what I wrote...cuz you sure didn't reply to it. I'm not discussing the music...I was talking about your claim that "he's too good for the small shows" when he's still playing them when he can. I also tried to explain to you WHY a band wouldn't always play small shows...evidently that part wasn't sinking in too well! ;)

have fun in class Chelsea...don't get sent to detention! ;)

bhtrainer
01-29-2007, 02:00 PM
why would i get sent to d-hall?

i guess wut im tryin to say yeah the whole venue thing and i understand they cant pay him and all that...but even when he does play small venues...its different...hes not the same to watch anymore...its almost not even worth going...u ask people whats your favorite song and when they say "wave on wave" i want to slap them...they dont kno the old stuff like "nightmare" "three days" or anything...when i went to see him here on november 25th...he sucked...he played all new music...and that bothers me...i dont hate him hes still my favorite...but its not the same...the venues...the fans...they've all changed...and thats wut sucks about him now...