PDA

View Full Version : Elgin @ Bellville?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-13-2003, 12:35 AM
Elgin, 3a's biggest school,(897) comes to Bellville this year, how do these two match up? Give your pick?

lepfan
09-13-2003, 12:37 AM
Bellville!

Footballfan25
09-13-2003, 12:41 AM
Rockdale beat Elgin tonight. Not sure of the score.

Old Tiger
09-13-2003, 12:52 AM
The score was 23-15. I'm going with Bellville on this one.

Brahma73
09-13-2003, 01:19 AM
Only Bellville can beat Bellville in this one.
Bulls 40, Rockdale 24

Brahma73
09-13-2003, 09:12 AM
Brahma73:
Only Bellville can beat Bellville in this one.
Bulls 40, Rockdale 24That would be amazing since they're playing Elgin!!! What a putz I am. Bellville 40, Elgin 24. (But I'd put more stock in Bellville22's prediction since he's recently hot.)

Brahma73
09-13-2003, 09:15 AM
Hey Former, can you bring in your dog or something? We're not doing anything at the office today. I'm bored.

Bongo
09-13-2003, 09:21 AM
Hey Brahma 73, be sure to vote! We need the high school!

I'm going Bellville 35 Elgin 21.
Bellville seems to like to score in the mid-30's.

Old Tiger
09-13-2003, 10:43 AM
35-6 Bellville

<small>[ September 13, 2003, 10:43 AM: Message edited by: Old Tiger ]</small>

TxHsFootball04
09-13-2003, 11:37 AM
I know bellville is going to come out ready to revenge there only loss last year during the regular season, and like last year bellville beat rockdale, and rockdale beat elgin, but bellville didnt beat elgin so hopefully we dont have a repeat, i think bellville will win, i know alot of players have been ready to play this games so i say bellville 42 elgin 14

Bellville22
09-13-2003, 01:05 PM
Bellville 40, Elgin 24. (But I'd put more stock in Bellville22's prediction since he's recently hot.)[/QB]Thanks for putting the pressure on me 73. I can nail the Sealy/LG game (thanks to a late fumble recovery to get my 24-20 score), but can't seem to figure out my Bulls, although I like it when they give up fewer points than I predicted them to. Not ready to make a pick yet, but I'll have it up by Tuesday.

Chris Hart
09-13-2003, 01:51 PM
I agree with most so far, that Bellville will win and it will be UGLY! Bellville wins BIG!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-13-2003, 03:11 PM
Hey 73, my dogs, are looking good, I saw them last night, :D but my opposum is a little sick, he has real bad gas, eek! I think he will be fine, but if not, were do you work? If I need you for my opposum?

the tigers are back
09-13-2003, 11:13 PM
I got to with bellville on this one. bellville 56 and elgin 14. eek!

Pudlugger
09-14-2003, 08:23 AM
FormerBellvilleBrahma:
Elgin, 3a's biggest school,(897) comes to Bellville this year, how do these two match up? Give your pick?Five years ago when my son was playing football in the seventh grade for La Grange they played two tough teams that year, Elgin and Bellville. The boys mostly looked too small for their helmets and pads and were like minaturized players scampering around between the goal lines. I believe they lost both by a close score. Now he is a senior as are all the other boys who hung in there over the years to play this game. I will be interested in seeing how this game comes out, whoever wins. It is bitter sweet to see them grow up. Good luck and no injuries.

<small>[ September 14, 2003, 08:25 AM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

Brahma73
09-14-2003, 12:48 PM
Pudlugger:

FormerBellvilleBrahma:
Elgin, 3a's biggest school,(897) comes to Bellville this year, how do these two match up? Give your pick?Five years ago when my son was playing football in the seventh grade for La Grange they played two tough teams that year, Elgin and Bellville. The boys mostly looked too small for their helmets and pads and were like minaturized players scampering around between the goal lines. I believe they lost both by a close score. Now he is a senior as are all the other boys who hung in there over the years to play this game. I will be interested in seeing how this game comes out, whoever wins. It is bitter sweet to see them grow up. Good luck and no injuries.Hey Pud, I saw that son of yours out there in Sealy Friday night. #88 is certainly not too small for his helmet anymore! He's grown into a formidable player and a fine young man. I know you've got to be proud of him. They DO grow up too fast. Mine have, too. Good luck to him down the road.

Pudlugger
09-14-2003, 03:38 PM
Brahma73:

Pudlugger:

FormerBellvilleBrahma:
Elgin, 3a's biggest school,(897) comes to Bellville this year, how do these two match up? Give your pick?Five years ago when my son was playing football in the seventh grade for La Grange they played two tough teams that year, Elgin and Bellville. The boys mostly looked too small for their helmets and pads and were like minaturized players scampering around between the goal lines. I believe they lost both by a close score. Now he is a senior as are all the other boys who hung in there over the years to play this game. I will be interested in seeing how this game comes out, whoever wins. It is bitter sweet to see them grow up. Good luck and no injuries.Hey Pud, I saw that son of yours out there in Sealy Friday night. #88 is certainly not too small for his helmet anymore! He's grown into a formidable player and a fine young man. I know you've got to be proud of him. They DO grow up too fast. Mine have, too. Good luck to him down the road.Thanks Brahma73 those are kind words. He's a little down this weekend, maybe this will make him feel better.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-14-2003, 09:31 PM
Hey 73, my opposum is still sick, and loosing weight, I am feeding him fried chicken, donuts, and beer. What else should I do for him?

Brahma73
09-14-2003, 09:34 PM
FormerBellvilleBrahma:
Hey 73, my opposum is still sick, and loosing weight, I am feeding him fried chicken, donuts, and beer. What else should I do for him?What kind of beer?

Bellville22
09-15-2003, 12:22 PM
Alright 73, I know your anxious to see what kind of prediction this mastermind is gonna throw out this week, hahahaa (you hit a bullseye on one prediction and everyone praises you, oh well, I'll take it), so here goes.

I think the Bulls have improved each week, and they're gonna have to take a huge step this week, cause there's a powerhouse from Rice in the on-deck circle with a little bitty number in that rank column next to their name (one that may not be small enough.)

As I said in the St. Thomas write-up, the potential high powered offense has really started to gel lately. They're starting to see which formations, and which combinations work best, and really turning loose their weapons.

The defense has improved, I've been critical of them all year, especially against the run up the middle, but they're really starting to step it up and fill gaps well. I probably won't be a true believer until I see them against the Raiders rushing attack, but I saw some serious improvement last week.

I thought we'd get a good test this week, but it sounds like Elgin is down a bit, that's not to say they won't give us a great ball game. They always seem to have athletes, and I'm sure that's the case this year.

I'm thinking this is the week that the Brahmas break out of the 30's, I just hope it's not the wrong way. I've predicted 40's the past 2 weeks, and they've come up a bit short. I do like how the defense is allowing less than I predict though, I hope they keep that up. I'll give 'em the opportunity again this week....

Bellville 45, Elgin 17

Bellville22
09-15-2003, 12:25 PM
Somebody really doesn't like me out there, I was 5 stars for the longest, now I'm all the way down to 3. Whatever I did, I'm sorry.

seasick4
09-15-2003, 12:30 PM
Bellville 42 Elgin 0, Go Brahmas and good luck.

Brahma73
09-15-2003, 05:33 PM
Bellville22:
Somebody really doesn't like me out there, I was 5 stars for the longest, now I'm all the way down to 3. Whatever I did, I'm sorry.Hey, don't feel bad! And don't ever apologize for having an intelligent thought just because it rubs some keypuncher the wrong way. I've not known you to post anything that didn't make sense or that was designed to offend someone. (That's probably more my area!lol) I was actually a 5 for a while during the weekend. Must have P!$$ed someone off, as well. (Though I don't remember it making my list of "Things that.....")
Never expected everybody to like me or my opinion all the time.
If you don't like my posts, Here's a quarter, rate someone who cares! :p :p :p

keep_it_real
09-15-2003, 05:43 PM
I pick Bellville by 21 but I did the same last year and we all know what happened lat year, after bellville beat rockdale, after rockdale beat elgin

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-15-2003, 05:46 PM
Hey 73, he drinks what ever is on sale!

BrahmaMom
09-15-2003, 10:27 PM
Bellville22, I'd give you back your stars, but I don't know how. Just relax, you have 5 in my book! I pick the Brahmas agaist Elgin. Last year I think the team was still reeling, and as we discussed, the loss did the Bulls some good. I hope the defense steps it up and gets after Elgin with the intensity the Red Storm is known for. I'm waiting for the Storm to hit and hit hard. Go Bulls.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-15-2003, 10:44 PM
Hey Mom, click on his name, at any post, and it will take you to his profile, go to Member rate, and give him a 5 and click on go. that sould get him 5, oh, why you are there show me the love. Go Bellville beat Elgin!!!!!

BrahmaMom
09-15-2003, 11:04 PM
FBB and Brahma22, my 12 year old son helped me follow the directions and vote for the stars. I hope they show up, cuz I won't ever figure it out without his help. Brahmas and their fans are the best!

formerbull96
09-16-2003, 09:11 PM
bellville 35 elgin 0

GoForIt
09-16-2003, 10:35 PM
Da Bulls are da better team, but when playing Elgin - it's all about where the game is played! THey should change their colors to yellow since that's all you see on the field courtesy of the officials

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-19-2003, 05:05 PM
Bellville will score at least 45 points, untill the 2nd teamers play, Elgin will score 10 on Bellville. Dont look for anything new from Bellville, they wont show it if they dont need it. Go Bellville Beat Elgin!!!!

reptard7isCRAZY
09-19-2003, 08:26 PM
Bellville up 34-7

reptard7isCRAZY
09-19-2003, 09:38 PM
45-7. . . Not like Bellville to run up the score. Unless it's 2nd stringers scoring some.