PDA

View Full Version : So I'm Driving Around a Parking Lot on Campus...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-28-2007, 05:51 AM
Looking for a spot, and it's dark outside, naturally, and I go over a huge bump, and I'm thinking, what the hell was that? So I get out, and there was a square manhole 3 feet by 3 feet without a lid, and I ran right over the top of it with my backtire. It was very deceptive because I was turning to go around a row of cars and go down the next row to find a spot. I was going fast enough and the tires on my truck were large enough that nothing happened to my truck, but there is going to be some poor little car that is going to run off into that thing. Stupid A&M parking lots. I hate the parking here on campus. With that being said, I'm going to sleep.

bulldogman06
01-28-2007, 05:59 AM
haha yea that was weird as hell, i couldnt believe it. im tired too, so im crashin. see ya tomorrow bro

3afan
01-28-2007, 06:33 AM
hopefully you reported it ...................

Pudlugger
01-28-2007, 08:47 AM
Someone could be killed falling into that manhole. You should have reported it.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
01-28-2007, 10:58 AM
Gig em Aggies, cover the manhole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

burnet44
01-28-2007, 11:27 AM
"Stupid A&M"

that sums it up

Bullaholic
01-28-2007, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Looking for a spot, and it's dark outside, naturally, and I go over a huge bump, and I'm thinking, what the hell was that? So I get out, and there was a square manhole 3 feet by 3 feet without a lid, and I ran right over the top of it with my backtire. It was very deceptive because I was turning to go around a row of cars and go down the next row to find a spot. I was going fast enough and the tires on my truck were large enough that nothing happened to my truck, but there is going to be some poor little car that is going to run off into that thing. Stupid A&M parking lots. I hate the parking here on campus. With that being said, I'm going to sleep.

Just goes to show you, BBDE.....Most ags don't know their class from a hole in the ground. :D

(Sorry, just couldn't pass this one up, Gary)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-28-2007, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Just goes to show you, BBDE.....Most ags don't know their class from a hole in the ground. :D

(Sorry, just couldn't pass this one up, Gary)

It's alright, it scared the crap out of me because I don't want to mess up my truck. I just hope they got that thing covered up.

smustangs
01-28-2007, 01:01 PM
Tarleton parking isnt any better at all. They have like 2 of parking lots fenced off and tore up for buildings and they ticket you like there going out of style. Any one that has gone there or is going there w/ me can attest to it. It's horrible.

District303aPastPlayer
01-28-2007, 01:21 PM
It's alright, it scared the crap out of me because I don't want to mess up my truck. I just hope they got that thing covered up.

last night after leaving the movies and headed to my second job... i ran into a grand canyon size pothole in Corpus... i feel you... there was oncoming traffic in the other lane so i had no choice of swerving around... the pothole was so big, that it had a large amount of water, and it STILL wasn't filled up

injuredinmelee
01-28-2007, 01:31 PM
I thought you were going to say you saw a football palyer punching the clown in the front of his truck.

MHSvarsity2007
01-28-2007, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
last night after leaving the movies and headed to my second job... i ran into a grand canyon size pothole in Corpus... i feel you... there was oncoming traffic in the other lane so i had no choice of swerving around... the pothole was so big, that it had a large amount of water, and it STILL wasn't filled up

only 1 pothole? okay merkel has like 2 million on every street.

carter08
01-28-2007, 05:26 PM
The Columbia High School Parking lot is bad
There are sets of yellow lines, so it gets confusing, and the rain turns it into a pond

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-28-2007, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by carter08
The Columbia High School Parking lot is bad
There are sets of yellow lines, so it gets confusing, and the rain turns it into a pond

Apparently you aren't grasping the concept. Picture a 3 foot by 3 foot square that leads to some steam tunnels underground. This hole is about 10 feet deep, and if I wasn't in a truck and would have been going any slower, my entire back tire would be in that hole, and someone would have to be pulling me out, not to mention the damage it would have done to the bed of my truck. This isn't a pothole, it's a manhole.

Phil C
01-28-2007, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer

Hey District the news said they were going to fill in the potholes next week. :)

Phil C
01-28-2007, 05:49 PM
Some potholes are caused by water from rain that goes into the ground and under the road and then pushes up against the road. Believe it or not when the water pushes up it causes the pothole.

I was told this by a former city manager who is familier with such things.

jason
01-28-2007, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by smustangs
Tarleton parking isnt any better at all. They have like 2 of parking lots fenced off and tore up for buildings and they ticket you like there going out of style. Any one that has gone there or is going there w/ me can attest to it. It's horrible. i know they have the lot near the tsc torn up to put up the new dining hall...and part of the lot next to the football stadium blocked off...as far as tickets go, if it says reserved, dont park there...i dont think the tickets are bad, but then again, i dont drive anywhere on campus so i dont really care...

Da Mules
01-28-2007, 08:55 PM
Apparently you aren't grasping the concept. Picture a 3 foot by 3 foot square that leads to some steam tunnels underground. This hole is about 10 feet deep, and if I wasn't in a truck and would have been going any slower, my entire back tire would be in that hole, and someone would have to be pulling me out, not to mention the damage it would have done to the bed of my truck. This isn't a pothole, it's a manhole.

Go park your truck over it so the entire Aggie Band doesn't march off into it during Midnight yell practise :D :D :D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-28-2007, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Da Mules
Go park your truck over it so the entire Aggie Band doesn't march off into it during Midnight yell practise :D :D :D

They would give me a parking ticket for doing that. I went back today to see if it got covered, and luckily for other drivers, it was.

un b weavable
01-28-2007, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
hopefully you reported it ...................

Good luck trying to report something to A&M transportation services. I think their job is to make everyone's life on campus more difficult.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-29-2007, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by un b weavable
Good luck trying to report something to A&M transportation services. I think their job is to make everyone's life on campus more difficult.
Man, you got that right. Just be careful when you're in lot 32 right next to Sbisa and look out for uncovered manholes.

thatsminty
01-29-2007, 12:23 AM
how should you solve this problem?

zeus63
01-29-2007, 11:29 AM
Go park in the mudlot across from the engineering building and get a bike, that's what i did when I was there