PDA

View Full Version : All-State Nominations

Matthew328
12-17-2002, 11:20 PM
ey guys it almost time to start getting the all-state teams going...who do you guys think are worthy?? If you can post why you think the player is worthy..of course post the player's position and school...and try not to be too biased..and one more thing don't forget the lineman!

bigtimeplaya
12-17-2002, 11:51 PM
David Chaney from Clyde needs to be nominated. He had 7 interceptions and 5 break ups. he never got beat deep and had only 1 pass caught on him all year. coaches even said they warned their qb not to even look over on his side on particular plays.

District303aPastPlayer
12-18-2002, 12:30 AM
Philip Daugherty (Bridgeport)
Adrian Alaniz (Sinton)
Jordan Shipley (Burnet)
Chance Schmidt (Sinton)
The running back from Burnet...

The 1st 4 should all make the state team... their names alone should bring to mind stats... but Daugherty and Alaniz are two of the best QBs in the state. Shipley is perhaps the best reciever in the state. And Schmidt has about 10 or 11 picks this year... to make his career total to somehwere around 25 in 2 years.

jason
12-18-2002, 12:40 AM
the everman running backs and the forney defense

Old Dog
12-18-2002, 01:02 AM
Matthew328.....the AP 3A all-state should be in the papers Thursday morning, but do you know a site to pick it up Wednesday evening late? I found the 2A team by surfing around 11:00 Tuesday night (really just stumbled across it).

big daddy russ
12-18-2002, 01:55 AM
QB: Rodriguez Mitchell, Jasper
RB: J.J. Jennings, Everman
FB: Tommy Blake, Aransas Pass
WR: Jordan Shipley, Burnet
WR: Marcus Brock, Lindale
TE: Josh Mendoza, Snyder
OL: Eddy Parker, Burnet
OL: Jorrie Adams, Jasper
OL: Cody Wallace, Cuero
OL: Nick Clark, Everman
OL: There was a kid from Sealy that really impressed me here... not too terribly big like the guys above (maybe 6'1", 250) but from the one game I saw he deserved this.

DL: Kellen Heard, Wharton
DL: Red Bryant, Jasper
DL: Curt Jones, Sinton
DL: Courtney Gordon, Gladewater
LB: Jerry Jurach, Sinton
LB: Trent Allen, Longview Spring Hill
LB: Trey Bennett, Newton
DB: Misael Iracheta, Port Isabel
DB: Chance Schmidt, Sinton
DB: Dustin Morrow, Edna
DB: Reese Grebe, Bellville

K: Jerry Jurach, Sinton
P: I have no idea

Most of these are people I've seen, but I'm going on hearsay for some of the choices. (Anyone from Region I or II, minus Eveman) The offensive linemen are going to be decidedly Region IV simply because you don't hear a lot about them and I have to go on what I've seen. Parker, Adams and Wallace, though, could go on the All-State list easy.

P.S. Don't everybody rip me at once. I know I didn't get anyone from Forney in there, but I don't know enough about them.

fatcat255
12-18-2002, 09:27 AM
RB- Jamario Thomas, Longview Spring Hill
RB- Cedric Dorsey, New Boston
WR- Morris Starts, Longview Spring Hill
K- Robert Lee, Longview Spring Hill
DE- Courtney Gordon, Gladewater
DL- Calvin Dennis, Jefferson
TE/DE- Michael Borders, Tatum
DB- M. Epps, Daingerfield
OL- Will Oliver, Lindale
LB-Trent Allen, Longview Spring Hill

<small>[ December 18, 2002, 02:13 PM: Message edited by: fatcat255 ]</small>

vet93
12-18-2002, 09:37 AM
Wilbur from Greenwood deserves some recognition. There is not any one person who means more to their team than him. Unfortunately, he doesn't have the stats to compare to some of the other players this year. I do think that he should get some state recognition as a kicker. Running Backs Audus from Greenwood and Posey from Ballinger have put up some decent numbers. Carillo from Sweetwater deserves some consideration due to leading his team so well. Dane from Decatur (only a soph) may deserve an honorable mention. Another running back is Rex Harper from Kennedale (junior). He is a real solid running back. Jarrod Clard from Ballinger was one offensive lineman that stood out as well as several of the linemen for Greenwood (can't recall any names)

SETXFBFAN
12-18-2002, 09:40 AM
Definitely

Jasper OL Jorrie Adams
Jasper DL Joseph "Red" Bryant

Keith7
12-18-2002, 10:02 AM
Gainesville has alot of great players but the one who stands out the most is our kicker,Jon Lopez, I would say he deserves all stay honors.. I dont believe there is any other kicker in state with his numbers

<small>[ December 18, 2002, 01:07 PM: Message edited by: Keith7 ]</small>

BU97
12-18-2002, 10:28 AM
I think that Jeremy Washington of Wharton deserves some consideration. I realize that his 1200 yards is not all that impressive compared to some others and of course he missed the playoffs, but if you saw him in person I think that you'd agree. He averaged over 10 yards a carry and had the ability to break it almost everytime that he got the ball. (Obviously I am biased to him!)

rholl
12-18-2002, 10:28 AM
I'll just hit and miss a few positions here and some will have more than one choice cause I just couldn't narrow it down enough.

DL..Nick Clark..Everman
safety....Johnathan Harrell..Everman

QB...Stephen McGee...Burnet, Daugherty...Bport
FB...JJ Jennings...Everman
RB...Patrick Miller..Burnet...RB from Forney
K...gainesville

jason
12-18-2002, 11:05 AM
How bout Jordan Case....LB for Forney

big daddy russ
12-18-2002, 11:15 AM
Offensive Player of the Year:
J.J. Jennings, Everman

Defensive Player of the Year:
Trent Allen, Longview Spring Hill

big daddy russ
12-18-2002, 11:18 AM
BU97:
I think that Jeremy Washington of Wharton deserves some consideration. I realize that his 1200 yards is not all that impressive compared to some others and of course he missed the playoffs, but if you saw him in person I think that you'd agree. He averaged over 10 yards a carry and had the ability to break it almost everytime that he got the ball. (Obviously I am biased to him!)You are absolutely right. I don't know if I'd put him on the first team list, but he impressed me enough to give him a nod on second team or honorable mention. Him, Jennings and Miller of Everman, Heard of Sinton, Miller of Burnet and Blake of AP were the best backs I've seen.

pinecone
12-18-2002, 03:08 PM
Definitely Jasper's 6'5", 295 lb Joseph Bryant. He was one big reason Jasper made it to the semifinals. Also, District 19AAA's MVP
Rodriguez "Rickey" Mitchell at QB. Both are seniors and deserve the recognition.

<small>[ December 18, 2002, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: pinecone ]</small>

pinecone
12-18-2002, 03:15 PM
Forgot to say Joseph Bryant is a DL.
Jasper's Jason McQueen at RB could be a good 2nd team choice. There was no one better at darting through the secondary or open field running.

jrabbit02
12-18-2002, 04:07 PM
CB Randy White of Forney
randy had not played football in a year and before that only played quarterback, he earned tth starting job about midway through the season, and hade 5 int's during the season, 3 in the playoffs, including one in the end zone late in the everman game which gave forney the opportunity to try and pull the game out, he deserves a spot