PDA

View Full Version : a&m fires back

Emerson1
01-27-2007, 12:25 AM
http://media.www.thebatt.com/media/storage/paper657/news/2007/01/25/News/Rivals.Battle.Over.saw.em.Off.Images-2677438.shtml?sourcedomain=www.thebatt.com&MIIHost=media.collegepublisher.com

Didn't see this posted yet. They have a way worse chance of winning this than Texas does their suit.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty sure that this...

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/4945/collieyn2.png

in no way resembles this....

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/23/sawemhd8.png

Emerson1
01-27-2007, 12:26 AM
Mike Huddleston, Texas A&M's vice president for business development, said Texas A&M would likely have taken similar action if it faced the same scenario as UT.

"I'm just surprised it took them so long," Huddleston said

And just for a little clarity about what this lawsuit is about:

"This is not a dispute with Texas A&M. It is a dispute with a private company that is unfairly profiting from use of the UT logo and at the same time mutilating the logo," said Craig Westemeirer, director of the University of Texas Office of Trademark Licensing.

Nice to know that A&M's VP for business development understands Trademark Licensing and the value behind it.

http://www.team4news.com/Global/story.asp?S=5976458

Maroon87
01-27-2007, 12:32 AM
Funny thing is, I was just talking to a friend of mine tonight (an A&M grad) and they had just recieved a T-shirt related to this issue. I think it said "Sue Varsity's Horns Off." :doh:

GetRDoneStangs
01-27-2007, 12:40 AM
Well you can saw off horns.....(De-Horn) cattle...Been there and done that

But cutting the legs of dogs???

NOT the same!

I have a collie and a doberman.... come and get em!

JHS_c/o_06'
01-27-2007, 12:50 AM
wow...this just turned into a pissing match. I can halfway see UT's point in making the lawsuit.....they took the actual logo and defiled it. Using the same colors. Which i think is trademarked....im pretty sure they have the licensing to the color burnt orange. But the shirt the aggies are suing aginst.....well.....its alot more....generic i think.....its not even the picture of the collie that they have trade marked that was manipulated. If someone from college station had trademaked the phrase "saw em' off" then they might have a valid lawsuit. I think the entire thing, both on UT and A&M's part is stupid. But...whatever. I suppose it happens. But now all the aggies who said "Stupid t-sips and their stupid lawsuits" can shut up now...because their school just filed an even stupider one.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
01-27-2007, 01:18 AM
saw em off!!!

Gobbla2001
01-27-2007, 06:10 AM
I wanna see A&M do 10 things...

1. A wagon with the wheels cut off - "Saw 'em off"

2. A red-raider with no guns - "Take away their firearms"

3. A Cowboy with no hat - "Rid them of their evil hats"

4. A wildcat without the wild - "Turn them into pussycats"

5. A jayhawk without wings - "Clip the wings"

6. A tiger without sharp claws - "Clip 'Em"

7. Corn-huskers without crops - "Bring the drought"

8. A buffalo with no herd - "Separate and disenegrate"

9. a cyclone without wind - "and the wind died down"

10. Just a bear - "Thou shalt not harm the weak... unless it's OT"

then I'll believe that most aggie fans aren't totally turned on by UT as much as they are their own school...

Gobbla2001
01-27-2007, 06:13 AM
and I wanna see OU with upside down stickers from every team on their car... 'cept Nebraska, because the N upside down would just look like a regular N... maybe they can put is sideways so it looks like a Z...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-27-2007, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'
wow...this just turned into a pissing match. I can halfway see UT's point in making the lawsuit.....they took the actual logo and defiled it. Using the same colors. Which i think is trademarked....im pretty sure they have the licensing to the color burnt orange. But the shirt the aggies are suing aginst.....well.....its alot more....generic i think.....its not even the picture of the collie that they have trade marked that was manipulated. If someone from college station had trademaked the phrase "saw em' off" then they might have a valid lawsuit. I think the entire thing, both on UT and A&M's part is stupid. But...whatever. I suppose it happens. But now all the aggies who said "Stupid t-sips and their stupid lawsuits" can shut up now...because their school just filed an even stupider one.

Actually, I do think that Saw 'Em Off is a registered trademark by A&M. I could be wrong, but either way, you're right, it's stupid on both accounts. I don't see why they can't let the spirit of rivalry be just that. That goes for both schools, they're equally guilty.

neck_06
01-27-2007, 11:17 AM
A&M dropped the suit, they never really filed one, they were just going to send a letter urging that they stop printing them......but like i said it was never sent.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-27-2007, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by neck_06
A&M dropped the suit, they never really filed one, they were just going to send a letter urging that they stop printing them......but like i said it was never sent.

Thought you had practice this morning, bro?

neck_06
01-27-2007, 04:26 PM
i did, we started a little late though, rained last night...

crzyjournalist03
01-27-2007, 04:31 PM
If A&M is looking for a way to make money off of trademark infringement, I suggest that they sue the owners of every ATM machine in the world!!!