PDA

View Full Version : Please Explain!!

PHS Wildcats
01-26-2007, 11:20 PM
I have a question for the Downlow family.

I hear Espn and foxsports saying that Florida is the 1st school to win the Football and Basketball titles in the same school yr. Unless I'm missing something they are wrong arent they?

Florida Basketball team won during the '05-'06 season and the football team won in the '06 season.

Isn't the start of the school in the Fall?

Please help me understand this!!!

smustangs
01-26-2007, 11:22 PM
It just means at the same time because until someone else wins the basketball championship Florida is the champion same in football now. They will be national champions till next january.

District303aPastPlayer
01-26-2007, 11:22 PM
They are the first to be the champs in both sports at the same time...

sinton66
01-26-2007, 11:23 PM
Sounds right to me. If their basketball team wins it all this year, that would be the same year.

necks_c/09
01-26-2007, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
I have a question for the Downlow family.

I hear Espn and foxsports saying that Florida is the 1st school to win the Football and Basketball titles in the same school yr. Unless I'm missing something they are wrong arent they?

Florida Basketball team won during the '05-'06 season and the football team won in the '06 season.

Isn't the start of the school in the Fall?

Please help me understand this!!! idk...i think ur right......b/c basketball was last years season and this football season goes w/ the ongoing basketball season

i do know that texas won it in baseball 2 years ago and football last year though and they were saying something similar to this when texas was in the sweet 16 or elite 8 last year in basketball.

saying like first school to ever win in all 3 sports but then texas got eliminated by lsu

Txbroadcaster
01-26-2007, 11:28 PM
Because they are going by calendar year NOT school year..So Even though Florida won Football title in a 2007 Bowl game..they are the 2006 NC and are 2006 Basketball NC

Maroon87
01-26-2007, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
idk...i think ur right......b/c basketball was last years season and this football season goes w/ the ongoing basketball season

i do know that texas won it in baseball 2 years ago and football last year though and they were saying something similar to this when texas was in the sweet 16 or elite 8 last year in basketball.

saying like first school to ever win in all 3 sports but then texas got eliminated by lsu

True. If Texas had won the basketball title in '06, they would've held all 3 NCAA titles at once.

necks_c/09
01-26-2007, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
True. If Texas had won the basketball title in '06, they would've held all 3 NCAA titles at once. sweet huh????:D