PDA

View Full Version : Who Dat???

GetRDoneStangs
01-26-2007, 09:46 PM
I saw this story on TexAgs...if Dat can coach and recuit like he played ball......He will be a great asset to Briles and the U of H.

He was a true testiment that football is a WHOLE lot of what is in your heart! From High School to the Pros he was told he was TOOOO SMALL...well...DUH.....I mean Dat!

Jan. 26, 2007, 3:39PM
Ex-Cowboys LB Nguyen interviews for UH post

By MICHAEL MURPHY
Copyright 2007 Houston Chronicle

Former Texas A&M All-America and Dallas Cowboys linebacker Dat Nguyen visited the University of Houston today and interviewed with coach Art Briles about joining the Cougars' staff.

Nguyen, who retired from the NFL last year, toured the football facilities and the weight room. Nguyen, who in 1998 was named consensus All-American, Big 12 Player of the Year and won both the Bednarik Award and Lombardi Award, would fill the void created when safeties coach Clay Jennings left for a similar position at Baylor.

If hired, Nguyen would coach inside linebackers with the staff being reshuffled to fill the open safeties position.

Nguyen, 31, was a four-year starter at Texas A&M, where he led the Aggies in tackles all four years and is the career record-holder for consecutive starts (51), tackles (517) and tackles per game (10.7).

In 1999, he was drafted by the Cowboys in the third round (No. 85 overall), becoming the first Vietnamese player in NFL history.

Nguyen is a graduate of Rockport-Fulton High, where as a senior (1994) his 188 tackles earned him District 30-3A Defensive Player of the Year honors and his punting skills earned him second-team Class 3A All-State honors.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4502806.html

piratebg
01-26-2007, 09:48 PM
Cool beans. I hope he gets it. :)

piratebg
01-26-2007, 09:52 PM
Anyone here a big fan of the Hu Dat restaurants?

JakefootballGOD
01-26-2007, 09:54 PM
yea the hu-dat spots to eat..are great to eat at!!!

and i hope he gets hired, but he will be a great coach and prally won't be in houston for long!

GetRDoneStangs
01-26-2007, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Anyone here a big fan of the Hu Dat restaurants?

Not too many out in our parts of the world?? Is it his or his family??

Sorry... not trying to be an idiot!

It just comes Naturally..(sometimes:D )

Gobbla2001
01-27-2007, 05:38 AM
Used to eat at Hu Dat on Fulton beach quite a bit when we'd visit Rockport... tasty...

Yes, it's owned by his family...