PDA

View Full Version : buffy....

necks_c/09
01-26-2007, 06:16 PM
to answer ur question no im not 18....im 16...but a very intelligent and informed 16 at that....

to whoever said they will not listen to me b/c im not 18....there is a high likely hood that i know more about politics than u do and that is just messed up and stupid to say that.....i dont know how old u are and frankly i dont care....i will listen to ur opinion and anybody else's.

oh and bbde.....i really dont care if i would "get shut up quick"

b/c i can say the same thing from behind a computer.

u prolly think the same thing about conservatives that i think about liberals and that is ur opinion and i respect that.

Hansum Stranger
01-26-2007, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
..there is a high likely hood that i know more about politics than u do and that is just messed up and stupid to say that..

Your're right, it is messed up for you to think that. Get out in the real world instead of reading books and then you'll understand politics alot more than you think you do.

necks_c/09
01-26-2007, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Hansum Stranger
Your're right, it is messed up for you to think that. Get out in the real world instead of reading books and then you'll understand politics alot more than you think you do. look...u dont know how much(or for that matter how little)anybody knows...

quit makin assumptions is all im sayin...

i just think its messed up thats all.....dont get ur panties in a wad ;)

Txbroadcaster
01-26-2007, 06:24 PM
Just asking..but is it not an assumption to say most likely you know more than someone?

necks_c/09
01-26-2007, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Just asking..but is it not an assumption to say most likely you know more than someone? yes it is.....but i just threw that in there b/c he put it like i knew nothing......i didnt mean it literally.....

just trying to prove my point thats all

necks_c/09
01-26-2007, 06:32 PM
and hansum stranger y do u even care what i say?

this thread was not directed at u in anyway.....it was charlesrixey who posted that anyway

BuffyMars
01-26-2007, 06:37 PM
and hansum stranger y do u even care what i say?

this thread was not directed at u in anyway.....it was charlesrixey who posted that anyway

Then why did you title it my name?? :tongue:

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-26-2007, 06:45 PM
to answer ur question no im not 18....im 16...but a very intelligent and informed 16 at that....

to whoever said they will not listen to me b/c im not 18....there is a high likely hood that i know more about politics than u do and that is just messed up and stupid to say that.....i dont know how old u are and frankly i dont care....i will listen to ur opinion and anybody else's.

u prolly think the same thing about conservatives that i think about liberals and that is ur opinion and i respect that.

I thought I knew a lot and was intelligent and well informed but the older I get I learn that I'm never as smart as I think and "informed" really just depends what you're listening to. If you watch Fox News you're informed on what conservatives for the most part think but you might be informed of different things if you watched CNN. Always remember what Einstein said "Education is the progressive realization of our own ignorance."I cant definitly say (and yes this does make me feel grown up) that I understand you think you know everything in your youth but at 16 you haven't had near the life experience to understand everything. Hell I'm nearly 23 and don't either though so it's ok.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-26-2007, 06:51 PM

No, actually, I don't. Being on here and talking to people with the likes of sinton66, Hansum Stranger, JasperDog94, PPHSfan, spiveyrat, and countless others have opened my eyes to the opinions of others and helped me to respect the fact that everyone has a different viewpoint on the situation. These are guys who I have been arguing politics with since I joined the board over four years ago, and we'll argue back and forth for a couple of days, ocassionally getting pissed off with one another, but still maintaining respect for each other's ideas and still remaining friends.

As far as the last part goes, you saying and doing are two very different things than my saying and doing. Naturally, I would probably not resort to phyical attacks to shut you up, but sophomore in high school vs. freshman in college football player, you get the idea. You run your mouth too much and don't know when to stop. I'm not asking you to respect me or anyone else, because you have the right not to, only to stop trying to attack someone who may have a different viewpoint on a subject than you do. I can agree with you when you argue knowing about politics and being less than the legal voting age, I was doing the exact same thing whenever I first started debating, but I didn't jump out and say, " Conservatives are idiots and I hate can't stand being around them," and make myself look stupid, I researched the topic and broadened my horizons. In the future keep in mind that political discussions aren't just facts, it's expressing your opinions, maintaining composure, and being witty. The best way to learn about anything is to talk about it to people who have a different point of view on here, because I was a solid, hardcore Democrat and as left as you could get, but thanks to the guys and others mentioned earlier, it opened my eyes to a lot of ideas and fundamentals that I would have previously been disdainful and resistant of. No matter what party you choose to support, be informed on the policies and the actions taken by the government, because the government is the one who decides what you can and can't do for the rest of your life.

Gobbla2001
01-26-2007, 06:55 PM
Gary, you're the most politically-ignorant person I've ever met....

jk man, you're very educated in the subject...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-26-2007, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Gary, you're the most politically-ignorant person I've ever met....

jk man, you're very educated in the subject...

I didn't think you wanted to duel with me....:evillol:

necks_c/09
01-26-2007, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
Then why did you title it my name?? :tongue:

b/c i answered ur question first...about my age

Gobbla2001
01-26-2007, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I didn't think you wanted to duel with me....:evillol:

cracka please :hand:

necks_c/09
01-26-2007, 07:02 PM
No, actually, I don't. Being on here and talking to people with the likes of sinton66, Hansum Stranger, JasperDog94, PPHSfan, spiveyrat, and countless others have opened my eyes to the opinions of others and helped me to respect the fact that everyone has a different viewpoint on the situation. These are guys who I have been arguing politics with since I joined the board over four years ago, and we'll argue back and forth for a couple of days, ocassionally getting pissed off with one another, but still maintaining respect for each other's ideas and still remaining friends.

As far as the last part goes, you saying and doing are two very different things than my saying and doing. Naturally, I would probably not resort to phyical attacks to shut you up, but sophomore in high school vs. freshman in college football player, you get the idea. You run your mouth too much and don't know when to stop. I'm not asking you to respect me or anyone else, because you have the right not to, only to stop trying to attack someone who may have a different viewpoint on a subject than you do. I can agree with you when you argue knowing about politics and being less than the legal voting age, I was doing the exact same thing whenever I first started debating, but I didn't jump out and say, " Conservatives are idiots and I hate can't stand being around them," and make myself look stupid, I researched the topic and broadened my horizons. In the future keep in mind that political discussions aren't just facts, it's expressing your opinions, maintaining composure, and being witty. The best way to learn about anything is to talk about it to people who have a different point of view on here, because I was a solid, hardcore Democrat and as left as you could get, but thanks to the guys and others mentioned earlier, it opened my eyes to a lot of ideas and fundamentals that I would have previously been disdainful and resistant of. No matter what party you choose to support, be informed on the policies and the actions taken by the government, because the government is the one who decides what you can and can't do for the rest of your life.

all good points and i do respect ur view anyway....

and to frisbbe stud....i never said i knew everyhting or whatever i was just kind of ticked when i heard that some people( keith7 and charlesrixey) refused to listen to my POV b/c of my age

i just thought that that was being presumptious and ignorant

only my opinion though

good points anyway

no harm done right?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-26-2007, 07:06 PM
all good points and i do respect ur view anyway....

and to frisbbe stud....i never said i knew everyhting or whatever i was just kind of ticked when i heard that some people( keith7 and charlesrixey) refused to listen to my POV b/c of my age

i just thought that that was being presumptious and ignorant

only my opinion though

good points anyway

no harm done right?

They will continue to be pressumptious unless you prove you know what you're talking about when it comes to politics. What you said warranted the reply you received. You demonstrated to everyone that you hated the liberal agenda and couldn't stand being around a person who had that point of view, contributing nothing to the conversation and attacking one side. The people who said that to you aren't even liberals. It was basically a, "Come back when you're ready to discuss politic like an adult, then your opinions and thoughts will be respected as though you were an adult," kind of thing. I start here as a freshman in high school, so I know how it felt to have that label put on you, but you and only you can get it removed and get people to argue and refute your opinions and not your age. Just some advice from someone who has been where you are, don't take it the wrong way.

necks_c/09
01-26-2007, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
I thought I knew a lot and was intelligent and well informed but the older I get I learn that I'm never as smart as I think and "informed" really just depends what you're listening to. If you watch Fox News you're informed on what conservatives for the most part think but you might be informed of different things if you watched CNN. Always remember what Einstein said "Education is the progressive realization of our own ignorance."I cant definitly say (and yes this does make me feel grown up) that I understand you think you know everything in your youth but at 16 you haven't had near the life experience to understand everything. Hell I'm nearly 23 and don't either though so it's ok. i try to watch both cnn and fox that away i can tell the difference between the 2 politically bias networks......

i agree with a FEW liberal/democrat views and many more conservative views.....i was just sayin that i cannot stand to be around them b/c i disagree with so many of their policies such as teenage abortion, gay marriage, pulling our troops out of iraq, bashing bush, and a few others

let me also say that i do disagree with some republican/conservative policies as well....

mistanice
01-26-2007, 07:08 PM
i try to watch both cnn and fox that away i can tell the difference between the 2 politically bias networks......

i agree with a FEW liberal/democrat views and many more conservative views.....i was just sayin that i cannot stand to be around them b/c i disagree with so many of their policies such as teenage abortion, gay marriage, pulling our troops out of iraq, bashing bush, and a few others

let me also say that i do disagree with some republican/conservative policies as well....

This is all you need my little grasshopper....http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0977227901.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V65103836_.jpg

Read and prepare for war.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-26-2007, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by mistanice
This is all you need my little grasshopper....http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0977227901.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V65103836_.jpg

Read and prepare for war.

Or, for another perspective:

http://www.eriposte.com/humor-etc/books/Franken_Lying_Liars.jpg

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-26-2007, 07:11 PM
i try to watch both cnn and fox that away i can tell the difference between the 2 politically bias networks......

I used to be a really conservative republican but now I consider myself a Libertarian. I want to be able to do what I want to do without interference from someone.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-26-2007, 07:12 PM

For you viewpoint on those things, I can tell you a lot of things that you haven't even considered about them, I simply don't have the desire to type out all of it as much as I used to. I have lost my desire to argue for awhile.

mistanice
01-26-2007, 07:16 PM
Or, for another perspective:

http://www.eriposte.com/humor-etc/books/Franken_Lying_Liars.jpg

A little bit for everyone

http://www.thosebastards.com/img/18/twits.jpg

http://firesidebookshop.com/Chagrin_Falls_Fireside_Book_Sh/What_s_Next/Culture-Warrior-_square_.jpg

mistanice
01-26-2007, 07:21 PM
A little bit for everyone

http://www.thosebastards.com/img/18/twits.jpg

http://firesidebookshop.com/Chagrin_Falls_Fireside_Book_Sh/What_s_Next/Culture-Warrior-_square_.jpg

May I add, that I actually do not read any of these books, but rather just look at everything as a whole and make my own judgements. It is hard to look at facts and numbers nowadays because they're biased to a certain degree. Numbers do not lie, people with numbers do. I do not need a spokesperson to tell me what to think.

necks_c/09
01-26-2007, 07:22 PM
May I add, that I actually do not read any of these books, but rather just look at everything as a whole and make my own judgements. It is hard to look at facts and numbers nowadays because they're biased to a certain degree. Numbers do not lie, people with numbers do. I do not need a spokesperson to tell me what to think. very true and well said

LH Panther Mom
01-26-2007, 07:25 PM
I have lost my desire to argue for awhile.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/9558/hellfrozenovergi0.jpg

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-26-2007, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

Hahahaha.

Careful, I know you don't want to stir me up and get me in the mix. :devil:

luvhoops34
01-26-2007, 07:35 PM

I just spewed a mouthful of coke all over my laptop!:eek:

neck_06
01-26-2007, 07:48 PM

i think that he could take you....he's a big fella....he may be dumb and slow, but atleast he's unathletic.....o wait. ;)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-26-2007, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by neck_06
i think that he could take you....he's a big fella....he may be dumb and slow, but atleast he's unathletic.....o wait. ;)

You keep it up, and you won't be able to see where you're throwing that baseball tomorrow through those two swollen eyes. ;)

LH Panther Mom
01-26-2007, 07:51 PM
You keep it up, and you won't be able to see where you're throwing that baseball tomorrow through those two swollen eyes. ;)
Not to mention the concussion from the ice. ;)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-26-2007, 07:52 PM
Not to mention the concussion from the ice. ;)

Yeah, what she said. :clap:

neck_06
01-26-2007, 07:53 PM

bring it on big fella, i've got a size 13 shoe with your name on it. ;)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-26-2007, 08:01 PM
bring it on big fella, i've got a size 13 shoe with your name on it. ;)

You know I only wear 10.5's. :doh:

carter08
01-26-2007, 08:02 PM

Did you skip school to post on the DL today?

necks_c/09
01-26-2007, 08:05 PM
maybe.....:)

no i was really sick and i still am but im addicted...thats y im not playing in our game tonight....

im not even gonna go watch varsity b/c im sick

carter08
01-26-2007, 08:08 PM

no i was really sick and i still am but im addicted...thats y im not playing in our game tonight....

Sick
HAHA
sure

I haven't made a boys varsity game this year
I will be at both girls games next week hopefully

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-26-2007, 08:09 PM

Sick? I played basketball with bronchitis my senior year. Get out there and play, it builds character. :mad:

carter08
01-26-2007, 08:11 PM
Sick? I played basketball with bronchitis my senior year. Get out there and play, it builds character. :mad:

Don't you mean sit on the bench

Just kidding 09

pirate4state
01-26-2007, 08:11 PM

OMG!!! CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

You guys need to get out and enjoy your youth. It's Friday night for Pete's sake!!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-26-2007, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Don't you mean sit on the bench

Just kidding 09

I started every game my senior year, thanks. ;)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-26-2007, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
OMG!!! CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

You guys need to get out and enjoy your youth. It's Friday night for Pete's sake!!

Oh, it's going to be enjoyed when I got out in a little bit.

carter08
01-26-2007, 08:13 PM
I started every game my senior year, thanks. ;)

I was talin bout necks_c/09

I am glad you started

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-26-2007, 08:13 PM
I was talin bout necks_c/09

I am glad you started

Then why did you quote me? :confused:

carter08
01-26-2007, 08:14 PM
Then why did you quote me? :confused:

I was correcting you

He will not get out there and play
He will go sit on the bench

necks_c/09
01-26-2007, 08:17 PM
I was correcting you

He will not get out there and play
He will go sit on the bench .....how would u know....u havnt been to a game this year right?

its also better than sitting behind ur computer talkin smack about people who do play sports

(id like a good comeback for that one)

I don't care if you two are friends. You had better tone it down! ~~ p4s

carter08
01-26-2007, 08:18 PM
how would u know....u havnt been to a game this year right?

its also better than sitting behind ur computer talkin smack about people who do play sports

(id like a good comeback for that one)

I get as much playing time as you

necks_c/09
01-26-2007, 08:19 PM
I get as much playing time as you really????

how would u know that?

u havnt been to a game.....and actually i do play

carter08
01-26-2007, 08:22 PM
really????

how would u know that?

u havnt been to a game.....and actually i do play

you know what
monday
after school
the basketball court behind HEB
1 on 1

necks_c/09
01-26-2007, 08:24 PM
you know what
monday
after school
the basketball court behind HEB
1 on 1 actually i have practice on monday...

any way y wouldnt we just do it in the gym

carter08
01-26-2007, 08:25 PM
actually i have practice on monday...

any way y wouldnt we just do it in the gym

because i said so

but yea, the gym could work too

mistanice
01-26-2007, 08:26 PM
comon guys, i bet this doesn't happen. and if by any chance it does, please have someone tape it and post on youtube. thank you.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-26-2007, 08:30 PM
comon guys, i bet this doesn't happen. and if by any chance it does, please have someone tape it and post on youtube. thank you.
That's what I'm talking about.

neck_06
01-26-2007, 08:31 PM

missing a game because you're sick.....thats tired.

missed two days of school (thursday & friday) my sophomore year with a 104 degree fever.... then played in the football game Friday night against El Campo, played Wide Reciever & Quarterback....could barely breathe....fun times.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-26-2007, 08:32 PM

missed two days of school (thursday & friday) my sophomore year with a 104 degree fever.... then played in the football game Friday night against El Campo, played Wide Reciever & Quarterback....could barely breathe....fun times.

That's my boy. Don't let a little thing such as bacteria or a virus hold you down, you're much bigger than they will ever be. ;)

necks_c/09
01-26-2007, 08:33 PM

missed two days of school (thursday & friday) my sophomore year with a 104 degree fever.... then played in the football game Friday night against El Campo, played Wide Reciever & Quarterback....could barely breathe....fun times. quit tryin to make me seem like a wuss....dang

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-26-2007, 08:34 PM
quit tryin to make me seem like a wuss....dang

You're doing just fine by yourself, and besides, it's all in good fun anyways.

neck_06
01-26-2007, 08:35 PM
That's my boy. Don't let a little thing such as bacteria or a virus hold you down, you're much bigger than they will ever be. ;)

ha. seriously though, i was at my house about 6 sitting in an ice bath and i got a call from one of our recievers saying that one of our guys got hurt in warm-ups...got out of the tub and convinced my mom to take me into town to play the game @ 7:30.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-26-2007, 08:37 PM
ha. seriously though, i was at my house about 6 sitting in an ice bath and i got a call from one of our recievers saying that one of our guys got hurt in warm-ups...got out of the tub and convinced my mom to take me into town to play the game @ 7:30.

That's red ass right there. I need a favor...My truck is parked at Reed Arena, which is like a mile away, and since your vehicle is parked so close, will you come pick me up and take me to my truck?

carter08
01-26-2007, 08:38 PM

October 31, 2003
El Campo Ricebirds 48
Columbia Roughnecks 24

Back in the 4A days

Txbroadcaster
01-26-2007, 08:42 PM
So what was this thread about again?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-26-2007, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
So what was this thread about again?

It's been threadnapped. Get over it. ;)

neck_06
01-26-2007, 08:49 PM
October 31, 2003
El Campo Ricebirds 48
Columbia Roughnecks 24

Back in the 4A days

actually it was way worse than that, it was something like 40-6...we were terrible.

carter08
01-26-2007, 08:52 PM
actually it was way worse than that, it was something like 40-6...we were terrible.

That wasn't a great season

My records had it 48-24, but i don't remember

WOS87's records have it as 48-24 also

neck_06
01-26-2007, 08:54 PM
That wasn't a great season

My records had it 48-24, but i don't remember

WOS87's records have it as 48-24 also

i'm pretty sure that we didn't score 4 points....i was more than a little messed up that night, but i know that we didn't get anywhere close to 24.

we also got beat like 40-0 by B-port that year....when they had Kedric Goins.