PDA

View Full Version : Ok lets hear it..your FAVORITE Horror Movie and why(F)

Txbroadcaster
01-26-2007, 05:41 PM
Attention all this thread is a topic that does not relate to football. You have been warned. Please enjoy your stay

Aight what is your fav horror movie and WHY?

Blastoderm55
01-26-2007, 05:49 PM
It

Terrified me as a child, and still makes my hair rise as an adult.

AP Panther Fan
01-26-2007, 05:50 PM
Stephen King's "It" Pennywise the Clown with those nasty, pointed teeth was terrifying.....GMTA Blastoderm...

Amityville Horror (the 1st one) Jody the pig's glowing red eyes gave me nightmares for weeks...

pirate4state
01-26-2007, 06:04 PM
Mine is weak, but funny. :D Stephen King's "Silver Bullet"

The first time I watched Stephen King's "Silver Bullet" I was over at my cousin's house and we had stayed out past the "come home when it's dark" limit. Mind you, the bike ride from my cousin's house to mine is about 50 feet, but back then our neighborhood was surrounding by woods. So, we watched that movie and then had to ride our bikes home IN THE DARK! :eek: :D I don't know why we didn't just haul ass home instead of going at a snails crawl wondering at every pedal what that noise was!!! LMAO. Good times.

Other than that childhood terror movies really don't scare me unless they are just awful & I have just wasted $7+ bucks on 'em! :doh:

vet93
01-26-2007, 06:19 PM
I always thought Alien and Aliens were good...Scifi and horror.

NDFootball
01-26-2007, 06:23 PM
The Ring= horrifying

The Ring 2= hilarious

Txbroadcaster
01-26-2007, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by NDFootball
The Ring= horrifying

The Ring 2= hilarious

Oh man the Ring 2 and the undertone of the movie made it sooo bad. It was trying to make a statement about abuse, and it just fell FLAT

Gp83
01-26-2007, 06:36 PM
Wolf Creek because it kept me on the edge of my seat.

BuffyMars
01-26-2007, 06:42 PM
Yuck...don't really have a fave!

So very hard to choose....

I can say that Grudge 1 & 2 both the Japanese & the American version were done very well.

The story in the American version of Grudge II wasn't so great but it was setting up for 3, I can respect that. But OMG, it takes a lot to creep me out, but that chick in Grudge II was even creepier in that movie than the 1st! :eek:

GOFOR2
01-26-2007, 06:53 PM
the original Friday the 13th, back in the day was awesome. now those movies are comical to me.

DU_stud04
01-26-2007, 07:16 PM
original chain saw massicare movie, it was the funniest movie ive ever seen

LH Panther Mom
01-26-2007, 07:17 PM
Halloween - the original scared the crap out of me. I guess the second one did too, after that they just got stupid.

It - very close to the book.....and OMG! Penny-Wise :eek: :eek:

The Shining - Jack Nicholson played that part just a little too well.

piratebg
01-26-2007, 07:57 PM
I think Stephen King's It scared the crap out of everyone, myself included. The only other movie that left an impression on me as a kid was Poltergeist. Freaky looking trees and clown dolls just became some much scarier to me.

LH Panther Mom
01-26-2007, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
The only other movie that left an impression on me as a kid was Poltergeist. Freaky looking trees and clown dolls just became some much scarier to me.
"They're baaaackkkk". :devil: :devil: :devil:

sinton66
01-26-2007, 08:03 PM
"Wait Until Dark".

piratebg
01-26-2007, 08:04 PM
"We're gonna need a bigger boat."

Now that movie made everyone afraid of the water for a while. :D

pirate4state
01-26-2007, 08:07 PM
I think Stephen King's It scared the crap out of everyone, myself included. The only other movie that left an impression on me as a kid was Poltergeist. Freaky looking trees and clown dolls just became some much scarier to me.

OMG! Yes! Poltergeist!! Just the clown grabbing that kid. :eek: Another "holy crap" scene was at the end of Carrie. :eek: WHEW!

GreenGobbla
01-26-2007, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Halloween - the original scared the crap out of me. I guess the second one did too, after that they just got stupid.

It - very close to the book.....and OMG! Penny-Wise :eek: :eek:

The Shining - Jack Nicholson played that part just a little too well.

i agree with the original halloween. then id have to say texas chainsaw massacre the original.

LH Panther Mom
01-26-2007, 08:11 PM
I don't know if anyone else considers it horror or not, but if I want to hide, then it counts for me.

Silence of the Lambs - Hannibal Lecter just absolutely creeps me out. Then there's "and it rubs the lotion on its' skin".

LH Panther Mom
01-26-2007, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by GreenGobbla
i agree with the original halloween. then id have to say texas chainsaw massacre the original.
Definitely. I never saw the remake - just didn't figure they could come up with anyone remotely like the old dude.

piratebg
01-26-2007, 08:13 PM
Definitely. I never saw the remake - just didn't figure they could come up with anyone remotely like the old dude.

The remake of Halloween will be out this summer, and unlike previous remakes, this one looks to have some potential. I wouldn't count it out just yet.

LH Panther Mom
01-26-2007, 08:14 PM
The remake of Halloween will be out this summer, and unlike previous remakes, this one looks to have some potential. I wouldn't count it out just yet.
Sorry, I meant Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake.

piratebg
01-26-2007, 08:15 PM
Sorry, I meant Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake.

I know. It was just a little FYI. The TCM remake puts me to sleep every time I try to watch it. What a wast of time. :dispntd:

LH Panther Mom
01-26-2007, 08:18 PM
I know. It was just a little FYI.
It's all good. I'm thinking of "date night" when Halloween & Hannibal come out. I will be hot if they come out after August 1.

piratebg
01-26-2007, 08:20 PM
It's all good. I'm thinking of "date night" when Halloween & Hannibal come out. I will be hot if they come out after August 1.

Hannibal Rising comes out Feb 9 and Halloween will be out August 31. :D

LH Panther Mom
01-26-2007, 08:32 PM
Hannibal Rising comes out Feb 9 :D
Woohoo! :D

Halloween will be out August 31. :D
Oh, good grief!!!!!!! Don't they know that's ZERO week???????? :D

Blastoderm55
01-27-2007, 12:18 PM
Honestly, I'm terrified of anything that features freaky kids and talking dogs.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

piratebg
01-27-2007, 04:30 PM
For those interested, they are showing "It" on ABC Family right now. :)

Blastoderm55
01-27-2007, 04:48 PM
I'm convinced that ABC Family doesn't actually show many things suitable for the family. For a while, they constantly aired Cruel Intentions, a movie where a step-siblings schemed with hopes of getting into each others pants. Not the kind of family programming people have in mind. :eek::eek:

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-27-2007, 06:17 PM
i dont let myself watch horror flicks. they give my already overactive imagination more to mull over, on top of that the amount of time i have to think about everything is unreal. so i dont have a favorite.

88bobcats
01-27-2007, 10:47 PM
"52 Pick-Up" with Roy Scheider back in '86. A little too real for my taste. The same with Thora Burch in "The Hole".

Stuff like that is truly terrifying 'cause it only takes one psychotic and horror becomes reality.